First days out with the XP ORX

Only topics related to the XP ORX in this forum please.
kemce1

First days out with the XP ORX

Post by kemce1 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:15 pm

Had my first days out with the XP ORX i found it easy bit of kit to use switch on and go quite a pleasure to use no messing about with settings .My first find was a William 111 love token and a few nice buckles second outing i got a poor mans ring with fake hallmarks it was 11 inches down so i cant wait to go out and give it another go

XP ORX
Fisher f75
spade,
ever hopefull

Kevanwhitmore

Re: First days out with the XP ORX

Post by Kevanwhitmore » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:07 pm

Much like your self I am Enjoying the simplicity of my new investment The ORX ,
Nice to hear you’ve had a deep find I’ve been following a Face book group of new German Orx
Owners And they have all been complaining at the lack of depth , From the Orx ! And now several have done comparisons with the Deus and a number of older beep and go machines they own , I must admit all of my finds so far have been quite shallow , So I am a little concerned after spending £700 odd pounds ,

bsabill

Post by bsabill » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:18 am

I have had some very good finds with the ORX including Bronze age gold and celtic finds
But all have been within six inches
As program coin fast is as near as i can see to deus fast
it should be going much deeper.
Allso if you went just by the sound you would miss good targets
as they seem to have more of an iron sound
so i have to use the screen numbers more than the sounds
Looking forward to an update when xp understand that people are having
problems

kemce1

Post by kemce1 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:55 pm

as for depth i have been using 4 coin program on the ORX and i went for the x35 coil instead of the hf coil i have a some targets at 10- 11 inches down witch im happy with a nice victoria 1899 penny a part of a bronze brooch at a good 12 inches down so like i say im pleased
XP ORX
Fisher f75
spade,
ever hopefull

borogers

Post by borogers » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:21 pm

If you lose the remote for the orx can you buy a replacement remote ?

Buriedbytime&dust

Post by Buriedbytime&dust » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:30 pm

Kevanwhitmore wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:07 pm
Much like your self I am Enjoying the simplicity of my new investment The ORX ,
Nice to hear you’ve had a deep find I’ve been following a Face book group of new German Orx
Owners And they have all been complaining at the lack of depth , From the Orx ! And now several have done comparisons with the Deus and a number of older beep and go machines they own , I must admit all of my finds so far have been quite shallow , So I am a little concerned after spending £700 odd pounds ,

As the coils are the same ones the Deus uses, I'm presuming the ORX works in exactly the same way, but with limited scope for adjustment on the remote.

If that's the case, then the answer to getting deep finds is simply to dig any faint, but repeatable, squeaks. If you only dig the full on tones everything will be shallow, which is probably how the Deus became regarded by so many as a shallow machine.

Is Audio Response adjustable on the ORX? If so, raising that will help. It won't give you any more depth, but it will make those deeper signals sound more like a "must dig". If not, just listen carefully and dig the squeaks ::g

Mucky

Post by Mucky » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:38 pm

I've heard a few Deus users say that they don't think the Deus is a particularly deep seeking machine anyway.
I am still interested in the orx.. would prefer one to the new minelab machine.
I'm a new user of XP machines.. Using the GMP and impressed at the depth that gets me.
The ORX just looks like a fab machine.. would own one in a shot if I could afford it. ;)

Return to “XP ORX Forum”