learning with the Deus

This forum is for news and views from other metal detectorist`s throughout the world.
Bibelot

Re: learning with the Deus

Post by Bibelot » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:04 am

I got my new Deus Monday night and MI-6 pointer.Am having difficulty with mi-6, lost pairing from something I did, removed it and re paired it and now I can't seem to find the sensitivity setting to turn it down as I set it at 50.

Bibelot

Post by Bibelot » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:08 pm

I built a new program to achieve more depth. It hits quarters hard but also twist caps which is always a problem with the Deus. Twist caps and pry bottle caps but the steel pry caps will sound iron from a good tone break once you wiggle the coil off from the target, it breaks to tell tale iron sign. The twist cap is in the same range as the gold rings I have found, so I continually dig them up for fear of missing a possible ring which is not really a great possibility but it is always nice when it happens. I 'm not sure it is so great for depth accomplishment but one thing I noticed with lower reactivity /silencer, more little targets are appearing. A lot of electrical connector and deep depth little bits are signaling that I normally didn't hear. I had two targets one showing a flat line 91-93 and the second a flat line showing 94-95.I dug down 14" and hit coke in the bottom of the hole so I couldn't retrieve it but coke signals comes in straight up and down on the xy screen, this target was coming in straight left to right like a coin does and the line grew a bit and the signal got better as I opened the ground up.I dug and old pin close to 12" in depth.Itwas painted but looks to be silver.the head is missing from it and the pin backing was found several inches from it in the ground.Maybe frost pushed it apart from being in the ground for so long, I don't know.
Last edited by Bibelot on Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bibelot

Post by Bibelot » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:15 pm

back at it today.Nothing great. A 1944 war penny made from recycled artillery shells, about as excited as it can get here for finds other than silver or gold.
Last edited by Bibelot on Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bibelot

Post by Bibelot » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:51 am

I am turning in my clad tomorrow. I cleaned the m up, did the pennies last and was tired of trying to get them really clean . They should be good enough to go through. This is the forth batch this year and the smallest of the batches. My spots are finally getting cleaned out. I need to quit stalling and look into new areas.
Last edited by Bibelot on Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bibelot

Post by Bibelot » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:39 am

Ive used the sprite program today. A nice Quiet program. I changed it to full tones and reactivity to 2.5, trying to take advantage of the 4.0 capability. I found a rare find for me that is. A Susan B Anthony coin. Susan B Anthony was a women's rights activist that devoted her life to organizing and leading the woman's suffrage movement. She died in 1906, in Rochester, NY , about 90 miles from where I found this coin. I had a great day for coins once it quit raining so I could get out.
http://imgur.com/a/NKEex

https://postimg.org/image/mmlakbf91/
Last edited by Bibelot on Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Oxgirl36

Post by Oxgirl36 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:45 am

Great days detecting there Bibelot. Guessing you are still on the fair site?
XP Deus
6 silver hammered coins (1 in 2016; 5 in 2017) - and still searching for more :))
Not everything is as young as it looks ;)

Bibelot

Post by Bibelot » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:08 am

of rain
Oxgirl36 wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:45 am
Yes, It's close to home, 6 minutes away and no one else likes to hunt it because there is too much trash in the ground. Using full tones is being able to swindle the competition while detecting in the trashy environment . I think you will hear more non ferrous items closer to iron than running any other tone. I'm at a different direction this morning, it looks like rain again. It rained most of the night here last night and we just had a downpour with hail mixed in but very short lived. Everything is looking as a possible washout so I 've got to get before the next wave of rain sweeps through.

Bibelot

Post by Bibelot » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:56 am

Am finding that silencer and audio response settings seem most important when looking for targets where you have already searched the location many times prior.I've been turning my silencer down to -1 or 0 and audio response up to 5 or 6 and use the horse shoe screen more than the X Y screen to determine depth of targets. Also reactivity 2.5 or 2 is better to bring weaker sounding signals that you hear on reactivity 3.Here, a disc setting of 1 will knock out the some of the back ground chatter but still allows you to hear iron signals.-6 picks up iron ore bits here, will dig deep to retrieve pieces of magnetic rock, unfortunately they are never a meteorite. I'm trying to sort out a photo image program to upload pictures from as I feel I shouldn't be using the forums uploading capability, my finds are insignificant compared to those who have better Historical items to post.
Photobucket wants a stiff fee to post third party pictures here now. Photobucket charges $399.99 a year to host third party capability. That seems a little crazy, darn near a HF coil price here, would rather have a HF coil than a photobucket subscription. =))

Bibelot

Post by Bibelot » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:33 pm

My finds today with the Deus. Unexpected broken arrowhead , due to the metal pointed thingy that was next to the arrowhead in the ground. Another silver Mercury dime which is always nice to find. A lot of iron targets so I dug a few to see what they were hoping something good would turn up but that was a flop.

https://s26.postimg.org/iyvh7k6wp/DSC03222.jpg
https://s26.postimg.org/q3dagle61/DSC03224.jpg
https://s26.postimg.org/js8306cxl/DSC03226.jpg
https://s26.postimg.org/fobplf6d5/DSC03227.jpg
https://s26.postimg.org/5fj8flibd/DSC03202.jpg

Bibelot

Post by Bibelot » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:24 pm

DSC03226.jpg
The Ferret wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:44 pm
Bibelot wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:56 am
Photobucket charges $399.99 a year to host third party capability. That seems a little crazy, darn near a HF coil price here, would rather have a HF coil than a photobucket subscription. =))
Strange price that :-O just hate the adverts on postimage websites.. but like anything in life free things do come at cost B-)

Just seen your arrow head nice ::g but the adverts put me off looking at others I'm afraid :(
Thank you. I don't see any adverts when previewing the image. I'll have to look for another source. Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bibelot

Post by Bibelot » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:11 am

Oxgirl36 wrote:
Have you been metal detecting ? The deus found me three silver dimes today. I have been using the hot program but setting the disc to -4 instead so it closely mimics the 3.2 version hot program.

leslie(nova scotia)

Post by leslie(nova scotia) » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:40 pm

Get a Garrett...easy to use...get a F75....easy to use!

Bibelot

Post by Bibelot » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:57 am

leslie(nova scotia) wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:40 pm
Get a Garrett...easy to use...get a F75....easy to use!
Horsefeathers, no... No thank you, I'll stick with what I already have. :))

Oxgirl36

Post by Oxgirl36 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:22 am

Bibelot wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:11 am
Oxgirl36 wrote:
Have you been metal detecting ? The deus found me three silver dimes today. I have been using the hot program but setting the disc to -4 instead so it closely mimics the 3.2 version hot program.
Love the arrow and the coin - nice l;. Only been out for about 4 hours in the last 2 months as even the pasture is too dry and hard. But the harvesting has started locally this week and we've had rain so I'll be swinging the deus in the next week or so I hope. Just hope the farmer has been kind and kept the stubble low x;
XP Deus
6 silver hammered coins (1 in 2016; 5 in 2017) - and still searching for more :))
Not everything is as young as it looks ;)

Bibelot

Post by Bibelot » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:44 pm

Oxgirl36 wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:22 am
Love the arrow and the coin - nice l;. Only been out for about 4 hours in the last 2 months as even the pasture is too dry and hard. But the harvesting has started locally this week and we've had rain so I'll be swinging the deus in the next week or so I hope. Just hope the farmer has been kind and kept the stubble low x;
I just got a new tether for my remote. Two more silvers while detecting last night after work . I hope things start to go your way so you can get that Deus out there to hunt.
DSC03291.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bibelot

Post by Bibelot » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:31 pm

Have been running 4.1 version, it is quite nice. One thing you will notice is the pin point sound changed a lot but everything links together perfectly and faster compared to the 4.0.I just ordered a HF Elliptical coil, should have it Monday at the latest. I might have chose the wrong HF coil but no matter, it's only a matter of time before I have the other as well. Not so great finds but I am out there with the Deus every chance I get so it's not a bad thing. ::g
DSC03300.jpg
DSC03311.jpg
DSC03310.jpg

Bibelot

Post by Bibelot » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:32 pm

I'm thinking that was a mermaid pendant that lost her tail ? Maybe not.

Bibelot

Post by Bibelot » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:13 am

Have been using the HF elliptical coil. I haven't made any remarkable recoveries with it, nothing that my black coils couldn't have found, it loves low conductors and has pretty good depth for the coil size. I've recently picked up a Makro Racer and a Aka Sorex pro, the racer is so easy to use, the Sorex pro, not so much for being easy. Here the very deep US silver coins will ID as 99 on the Deus remote, there has been much controversy over the iron wrap programs that set the 96 and above tone bin set to a lower iron signal tone. I dug a silver Mercury dime that read 99 on the ID, I was using full tones and dug it but had I used the iron wrap program, I most likely could have missed it.

Return to “International Friends”