Coil upgrade for explorer xs

Only for the discussion of the Minelab Explorer SE metal detector within this forum.
pjc68

Coil upgrade for explorer xs

Post by pjc68 »

I have just bought a nice condition explorer xs for a good price, i should have it thursday
I stupidly sold my explorer 2 with 12x10 sef coil last year because it was not getting much use
The xs comes with the white coloured 10.5 coil and i am after a better allround coil, i will be using it on all types of terrain including wet sand on the beach
I see you can get sef 12x10 coils on ebay new for £105 from Bulgaria with free postage
I dont want to pay big money for a coil but want a goodun, is the sef 12x10 my best choice or the detech pro coil/ etrac coil the best option,any advice welcome
Thanks
Paddy

Minelab Explorer XS with Minelab slimline coil and Detech 13" Ultimate coil, Laser B1 Highpower with 8" coil, Viking 5, Chefphones cp1 headphones, Makro pointer, Evolution pro cut spade, Draper mini spade, Wilcox sod cutter

oldhamlad

Re: Coil upgrade for explorer xs

Post by oldhamlad »

i have the exact same detector and I'm getting a butterfly coil to get right down there! as these detectors go DEEP!

I'm getting this one mate
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252848392034? ... EBIDX%3AIT

pjc68

Post by pjc68 »

Thanks for that
Yes i have my eye on one of those as well
I read somewhere the sef 12x10 is better around iron for separating targets, dont know if thats
true or what
Paddy
Minelab Explorer XS with Minelab slimline coil and Detech 13" Ultimate coil, Laser B1 Highpower with 8" coil, Viking 5, Chefphones cp1 headphones, Makro pointer, Evolution pro cut spade, Draper mini spade, Wilcox sod cutter

dig-dog

Post by dig-dog »

I put this coil on my explorer when I had it and it was very good indeed.
The only advice I could give is to make sure you get it from a reputable source as there are fakes around.
I kept the coil when I sold the detector and put it on my etrac. Great combo.
DD ::g
E-trac 13" ultimate coil.
Full XP Deus 11" coil / hf elliptical coil
Sniper spade

oldhamlad

Post by oldhamlad »

pjc68 wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:42 pm
Thanks for that
Yes i have my eye on one of those as well
I read somewhere the sef 12x10 is better around iron for separating targets, dont know if thats
true or what
Paddy
Hi paddy it's worth trying whichever coil you think suits your needs I've heard the sef ones are good coils it's all just personal preference I myself just are not on ploughed land a lot so need the 13 inch coil for depth and coverage of ground

pjc68

Post by pjc68 »

Thanks guys
Looks like the ultimate coil then
I will buy from a reputable shop though,didnt think someone would make blag coils though
Any other recommendations keep em comin ::g
Paddy

Return to “Minelab Explorer Forum”