Etrac settings

Only for the discussion of the Minelab E-TRAC metal detecting within this forum.
Scoobydootrac

Etrac settings

Post by Scoobydootrac » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:34 pm

Best settings for etrac on stubble wit ultimate coil only been detecting a while so all tips welcome

mrix
Founder

Re: Etrac settings

Post by mrix » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:38 pm

Hello Scoobydootrac, I will move this topic from the General Chat and News forum to our Minelab E-Trac specific forum, if you could please remember to find the more relevant sub forum for your quest that would be hugely appreciated and helps make for a far more useful and easier to use resource ::g
Thanks
mrix

Scoobydootrac

Post by Scoobydootrac » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:48 pm

Ok thanks

scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:09 pm

Hey Scooby,
I run my etrac with open screen no discrimination ease back on sensitivity off i go ::g ...

Best settings are those you feel comfortable with and suit your soil conditions......
Take your time swing slow n low you will soon learn the tones..

scooby B-)
Minelab Etrac
W3 headphones
Chef-Phones
Ultimate 13" DD Coil
Garrett Probe.
Piranha Model 35 Lesche Digging Weapon....
FID Member

stargazer

Post by stargazer » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:56 am

Be careful using any coil in stubble. I ripped a lug off my stock coil a few years back near York. In winter too. I am also very gentle with equipment.
The mighty Minelab Etrac !

I'm UBIQUE! RE

Wigeon

Post by Wigeon » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:21 am

I have an Ultimate coil but don't use it on stubble as I find it too hard work and risk breaking it. The stock coil or something smaller is better for stubble until the stubble rots.

Yesterday afternoon I spent a couple of hours on rotted stubble where the regrowth had also been sprayed off. It was soft and easy so I intend to try my Ultimate on it next time out.

I have had my E-Trac for just over a year but used it a lot.

When the stubble was hard, freshly cut and the ground dry, the loss of depth made finds few and far between but once the soil got damp and the stubble softer, it was much easier to get the coil down nearer the ground and things improved dramatically on the same area.

As for settings, much will depend upon your ground conditions. In general though, a small amount of discrimination in the bottom right hand corner of the screen (tadpole) and sensitivity on Auto+3 is currently serving me very well.

I have found the E-Trac takes a lot of learning, which is still work in progress here. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have ::g
Minelab E-Trac. XP Goldmaxx power v4. Garret carrot. Evolution spade.

Scoobydootrac

Post by Scoobydootrac » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:43 pm

Thanks guys

Return to “Minelab E-TRAC Forum”