E-trac advice please

Only for the discussion of the Minelab E-TRAC metal detecting within this forum.
mandysbloke

E-trac advice please

Post by mandysbloke »

Just moving up from a minelab 705 ,mainly so I can do the beach as well.I have been fairly successful with the 705 on All metal and only 2 tones .After a while I got used to all the different shades of tone and became fairly adept. Question....can I do the same with an e-trac i.e. all metal, two tones and get used to it that way or is it a different beast ? Appreciate advice cheers mandysbloke.

kopparberg

Re: E-trac advice please

Post by kopparberg »

in answer to you question yes you can use the Etrac in all metal and 2 tones ,but the machine can be more complex if you want it to ,its all down to personal choice and how you want to use .you can have the tones set in ferrous or conductive in ferrous iron gives a low grunt and good targets a high tone ,and in conductive its the other way round .by saying in all metal you mean with no discrimination an open screen
CTX 3030
DEUS
MAKRO pro pointer
always live for today and worry about tomorrow when it comes

Le rocher

Post by Le rocher »

i would run it in conductive and auto sensitivity until you get used to it. also use multitone. put a few lines across the bottom (mask) then away you go. but be patient and slow and low. i have taught a few guys and girls to use theirs as the transition from other machines to this is a little tricky. i had to discover it on my own and i tell you it nearly went into the bushes a few times!!!! B|

the best advice is to find someone near to you and ask for help (go with them to a field). and if that is not possible and you have an Iphone facetime me. send me a PM with your number and i can factime you to help.

kind regards
Jason

FUBAR

Post by FUBAR »

Le rocher wrote:i would run it in conductive and auto sensitivity until you get used to it. also use multitone. put a few lines across the bottom (mask) then away you go. but be patient and slow and low. i have taught a few guys and girls to use theirs as the transition from other machines to this is a little tricky. i had to discover it on my own and i tell you it nearly went into the bushes a few times!!!! B| Good advice. Hope he contacts you ::g

the best advice is to find someone near to you and ask for help (go with them to a field). and if that is not possible and you have an Iphone facetime me. send me a PM with your number and i can factime you to help.

kind regards
Jason

Return to “Minelab E-TRAC Forum”