Staff settings

Only for the discussion of the Minelab E-TRAC metal detecting within this forum.
Mayyyniac

Staff settings

Post by Mayyyniac » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:01 am

Hi, Have recently upgraded from a Garret Ace 250 to a Etrac......very confused but getting there!
Anybody any idea as to the best General settings on moderate pasture land & also settings for beach work please?

Wigeon

Re: Staff settings

Post by Wigeon » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:55 pm

Have a good read of the E-trac forum on here. There are numerous pages of information there. Use the search facility for specifics.

Stick with the 'coins' factory settings inland for a start, until you get more used to it. I don't do beaches so cant help there.

The E-trac has the potential to 'do your head in' if you try to progress too fast.

One thing you could try early on is setting the response to 'smooth'. This was a real revelation for me, when I was learning mine.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy using it as much as I have.
Minelab E-Trac. XP Goldmaxx power v4. Garret carrot. Evolution spade.

Mayyyniac

Post by Mayyyniac » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:03 am

Thanks Wigeon, will give smooth a whirl!!

AndyM

Post by AndyM » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:09 am

I am a little confused by your subject title, Staff settings. Maybe beneficial to expand your question to those that may have an answer perhaps, I only looked as not sure what you meant, good luck ::g , perhaps Staff settings is something that all E-trac users would recognise, if it is then I apologise.

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:02 pm

AndyM wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:09 am
I am a little confused by your subject title, Staff settings. Maybe beneficial to expand your question to those that may have an answer perhaps, I only looked as not sure what you meant, good luck ::g , perhaps Staff settings is something that all E-trac users would recognise, if it is then I apologise.
Perhaps it's purely a matter of coincidence but on keyboards, the letter 'f' is adjacent to both the 'r' and 't' so it maybe the result of mistyping with the intended words being - Start Settings? 8-| :D.
A disservice is no service at all.

AndyM

Post by AndyM » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:27 pm

Ok, I get it now, was scratching my head thinking what it may have been misspelled with, may be worth changing your header to base line settings or start settings so its not overlooked perhaps, good luck, ::g (was genuinely just confused, not taking the mick)

Return to “Minelab E-TRAC Forum”