Settings for Etrac Newbie

Only for the discussion of the Minelab E-TRAC metal detecting within this forum.
sussexswinger

Settings for Etrac Newbie

Post by sussexswinger » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:10 pm

Hi Guys

I'm the proud new owner of an Etrac. Been out for a little play on pasture already with a bit of success. Out again next week and after doing some reading have decided to go with the following settings.

I know these will change over time but just wanted thoughts on these settings for getting to know the machine. I know some of this stuff has been covered elsewhere already but if anyone wants to correct me it would be much appreciated!

Tones: Ferrous (I guess digging the high tones and leaving the dull)
I want to get used to conductivity eventually but it was rather noisy on this setting for my first swing.

4 Tone: Again was very noisy in multi last time.

Standard Coin Mode: Don't want to mess with patterns just yet and I reckon this is a good way to get used to the machine.

Recovery: Fast

Deep Mode: Off

Sensitivity: Auto

That's about it, many thanks in advance for the advice everybody!

Wigeon

Re: Settings for Etrac Newbie

Post by Wigeon » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:11 pm

I would have thought that your settings are fine for a start. You will certainly make finds with them. The E-Trac can indeed be very noisy until you get the hang of all the different settings. If the noise does your head in then you wont enjoy it, so best to start as you are.
Some of the E-Trac setting are a matter of individual preference whilst others have a significant effect on performance. Good luck. ::g
Minelab E-Trac. XP Goldmaxx power v4. Garret carrot. Evolution spade.

sussexswinger

Re: Settings for Etrac Newbie

Post by sussexswinger » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:28 pm

Thanks man.

I will play around with it as time goes on but nice to get confident first!

Return to “Minelab E-TRAC Forum”