AT Pro International

Only topics related to the Garrett AT Pro metal detector here.
beachboy70

AT Pro International

Post by beachboy70 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:55 am

I have been having a problem with my AT Pro switching itself off at random times , it was just switching off did not even notice it some times only realized that it was too quiet any way just pushed the button and it came back on again, but the last week it was not coming back on only when it felt like it. I have checked the batt. and connections all is ok so its looking like a fault on the internal board so looking like its going for a trip to Nigel at Regtons as i do miss it very much. Anybody else had a control board problem like this. Cheers all. beachboy 70 :-L

Boandtia

Re: AT Pro International

Post by Boandtia » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:36 pm

Have had this problem, turned out to be the battery terminals compressing slightly.
I put a small piece of self adhesive felt inside the battery cover. Problem fixed.

HH
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Excalibur 11
Garrett AT Pro International
Garrett Sea Hunter MK 2
Garrett Propointer.
Makro Waterproof Pointer.
Flask of coffee / brandy
Plenty of fags
A lot of patience

beachboy70

Post by beachboy70 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:36 am

Thanks to all with my power problem i have tried all those ideas /changed batt / packed out pod ( used foam ) checked springs but all is dead. but i will give it another go no harm in that. Thanks again for the imput on this . beachboy70 :E

beachboy70

Post by beachboy70 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:41 am

Back to battery /power problem, i bought a new battery holder and at the moment its working ok again. My thought there is a bad connection in the holder somewhere as i checked the output voltage many times and it was there on the terminals my only feeling is that it was not passing any currant to the output terminals under load ( switch on / run ) only time will tell if this has cured the problem. Thanks all for the input ideas to cure it. regards beachboy70 ::g

beachboy70

Post by beachboy70 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:46 am

Update on my battery /power problem from July. All is working as normal so it must be an internal wiring fault within the battery holder. It really had me going for a time i even took the board out to check and i had voltage on the board so a mystery for a time ( gave it a good clean out while in pieces ). Its very easy to take apart for a good clean worth doing to get all the sand /dirt that collects around the buttons. cheers all HH ::g beachboy

At Digger

Post by At Digger » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:55 am

Beachboy, you said you took it apart and cleaned it out. Before you put it in any water you better make sure it is sealed as it will do crazy damage to the circuit board if it is not 100% waterproof. Be very careful.

beachboy70

Post by beachboy70 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:01 am

Hi At Digger. I was very careful putting the At back together only one big gasket and made sure it was clean. I dont use it in the water only rain so very little chance of any water getting in. Thanks for your concern. beachboy ::g

Return to “Garrett AT Pro Forum”