Need help, issues with Garrett AT pro

Only topics related to the Garrett AT Pro metal detector here.
Diogo

Need help, issues with Garrett AT pro

Post by Diogo » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:46 pm

Hello there,

During my detection I’m having a small problem:
After choosing pro mode with discrimination over 40, I keep hearing beeps all the time with metals under this number, is it normal? Is there a way to silence everything under 40 with this detector?

Thank you
::g ::g ::g

dreadnought

Re: Need help, issues with Garrett AT pro

Post by dreadnought » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:35 pm

no is the simple answer. if you swing really slow then it will not sound off, but swinging quicker, its just the machine saying theres something there. it will likely disappear when you re-swing over the same target at a slower speed. the more you use the machine the more you will learn the sound of a good signal. much sharper and clearer.
ive got a couple of other machines (other makes, same kind of specs) that do exactly the same.
garret ATpro ::g
Quest Q40, awesome machine, never sell it, now the boys :: ::g
Kruzer…………. disappointing, sold ;;z
golden mask, don't even ask ;;z
GP pointer, 3 years and still going, now the boys. ::g
Nokta pointer, best there is ::g

Diogo

Post by Diogo » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:43 pm

dreadnought wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:35 pm
no is the simple answer. if you swing really slow then it will not sound off, but swinging quicker, its just the machine saying theres something there. it will likely disappear when you re-swing over the same target at a slower speed. the more you use the machine the more you will learn the sound of a good signal. much sharper and clearer.
ive got a couple of other machines (other makes, same kind of specs) that do exactly the same.
Ohh ok I see, thanks for the responce...
Well the thing is that I dont want to hear anything at all, it distracts me. Sometimes I even hear good metal ping sounds but with low ID numbers in the screen. Makes me confused.
Im not sure if its the detector with something not well plugged in, low battery, or even hardware problems or if its just normal in this model.
It seems that this happens not everyday, just sometimes.
Most of the times I use PRO zero mode with discrimination above 40.

Regards and thanks for the help

detecting rod

Post by detecting rod » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:29 pm

could be good item close to iron, watch alot of videos and some will go for good tone mixed in with bad tone ?

Staggie

Post by Staggie » Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:38 pm

I get this too and Pro mode is just that, start with standard mode and get used to it. also ensure you ground balance auto is usually find for land and that the coil lead is well wrapped above the stem and as neatly vertical as possible. ensure the leads are secrurely in place, mine will loosen over time.

also in Pro mode sometimes the signal is not good enough to get a conductivity number and then you are just using the tones, pin point and dig it.. u may be lucky.

have a play in some dry barren soil where you know its clear to a good depth and toss some targets on it when your swing is quiet and get the good bell tones.

if you have 1 battery segment left, change them.

dont give up its a great machine but does take time to get used to for best results.

oh yes try 35 iron descrim, you can still miss a lot at 40. iron audio is a great feature and will grunt a lot, turn it off while you are testing and searching, it cuts the chatter, then turn it on over an iffy target. turn sensitivity down to maybe 2 off max (3 in wet soil for me)

iron with holes will goto 80 for me! ill dig and the tone is great only to find horseshoes or iron rings. so Im still learning about the iron audio and its behaviour.
Garrett AT PRO
GP-Pointer. Yes i know...!
3 year old son in tow.

"Oh look another A-hole with a tiny lump of trash"
"Always look on the bright side of life"...

tommyb

Post by tommyb » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:16 pm

Hi just be aware gold hammered come in around 35 at 40 you'll miss them.

hackneygaz

Post by hackneygaz » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:45 pm

I use mine at a discrimination of 27. Which allows for small brooches and fine hammered. If you are unsure. Click the Iron audio once over it. Nice little waggle and Listen for the tones and most importantly from different angles too. I have had mine only for a couple of months and it's a learning curve. But it's a fantastic machine. And also learn how to use the flat tip for pinpoint. Holes are smaller.
Garrett AT PRO International
Garrett carrot

Return to “Garrett AT Pro Forum”