beaches

Only topics related to the Garrett AT Pro metal detector here.
coatsie

beaches

Post by coatsie » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:56 pm

Hi All. any body using the AT pro on East of England beaches, how do you find it, good i hope.many thanks. Coatsie

namrepap321

Re: beaches

Post by namrepap321 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:06 pm

hello coatsie,
Many will disagree with me but I have never been able to use my AT on any wet sand, and believe me I've tried many times. It goes mad every time the coil touches the wet sand it's great on the dry stuff though. I've tried dropping the sensitivity etc. Maybe you have better luck, I am in Cornwall.

Jel

Post by Jel » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:06 pm

namrepap321 wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:06 pm
hello coatsie,
Many will disagree with me but I have never been able to use my AT on any wet sand, and believe me I've tried many times. It goes mad every time the coil touches the wet sand it's great on the dry stuff though. I've tried dropping the sensitivity etc. Maybe you have better luck, I am in Cornwall.
Hi, i think i'm going to get an AT Pro with wet sand in mind at times. Did you get fixed or still having the same problem?

Cheers, Jel.

stupot

Post by stupot » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:03 pm

Its not the best for wet sand as has been well noted as for all single freq machines. If you want to be serious you'll have to go dual or multi frequency my friend..

Pete E

Post by Pete E » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:57 am

coatsie wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:56 pm
Hi All. any body using the AT pro on East of England beaches, how do you find it, good i hope.many thanks. Coatsie
I recently bought a Makro Racer 2 because I wanted a machine that could cope with wet sand as well as normal land use

I've only used it a few times on the beach, and it seems to handle the wet sand ok although the few finds I've had have all been from the drier area of the beaches any way...I think this is more down to how people use these particular beaches anyway...

One was a sand beach and the other sand and pebble, and neither showed the very high mineralisation that seems to cause many detectors problems...

If you are interested in the Racer 2, there are a few video's on YouTube showing it being used on the beach...
Makro Racer 2
Makro Pinpointer
August EP650 Wireless headphones
TaoTronics Wireless Portable Transmitter, (Bluetooth 4.1, aptX Low Latency)

Return to “Garrett AT Pro Forum”