garrett 150

Only topics related to the Garrett ace 150 metal detector here.
jonnyboy

garrett 150

Post by jonnyboy » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:33 pm

Hello everbody jonnyboy here again after a bit of newbie info could you tell me what is ment by slow recovery time with the 150? in the reviews please ,i forgot to mention when i posted on the newbie site i'm from kettering northants, still not managed to get out and try her out .(lung infection not clearing up and dare not go out in this weather ).many thanks jonnyboy. B|

stephenbeetleman

Re: garrett 150

Post by stephenbeetleman » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:48 pm

Topic moved to correct forum. ::g

Stephen
Minelab Sovereign GT

SEF 15 X 12 Coil

Garrett Pro Pointer

housed

Post by housed » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:57 pm

I think a slow recovery speed means that if two items are close to each other then with your sweep you would pick up the first item but your machine would not recover quickly enough to pick up the second item. For instance i might drop some silver foil out of my pocket along with my diamond ring. They may fall to ground next to each other and so a machine with a slow recovery speed might pick up the silver foil if it was the first target on the swing then miss the ring.

Wouldn't matter if you dug everything and reswept the area but you might have been tempted to ignore the foil and so wouldn't then have hit the ring.

I think this is way on a very trashy area you want a fast recovering machine as it will help distinguish spot the items next to each other.

I think slowing down your swing speed will help counteract the slow recovery speed.

I also think that if you are doing a not very trashy area with signals few and far between a slow recovery machine doesn't matter that much as there are unlikely to be many items next to each other.

As you can tell i don't really know if i'm right!
http://theresponsibledetectorist.blogspot.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jonnyboy

Post by jonnyboy » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:47 pm

thank you beetleman understand that .

tigtog

Post by tigtog » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:03 pm

I had a 150 for a year, found some nice bits main thing is to go slow with the coil.
xp deus

garrett pointer (2nd one) now a makro pointer no falsing
roughneck shovel (4th one) now use a sniper spade
jeff digger

Return to “Garrett ACE 150 Forum”