Garret 250 locater package

Only topics related to the Garrett ACE 250 metal detector here.
Mickie_76

Garret 250 locater package

Post by Mickie_76 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:03 am

Hi guys just looking for a bit of advice really as I'm completely new to the hobby
After countless hours of reading forums and looking through reviews I've decided to get the garret ace 250 as my 1st detector but I can't decide whether or not to go for the locater package from regtons
Is the garret locater that comes with it worth the extra cost
They look handy to have on you just can't decide so looking for the experience of others
Il be detecting a mixture of woods fields and beaches.

Bootneck45RM

Re: Garret 250 locater package

Post by Bootneck45RM » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:36 pm

Hi Mickie
It's always a big decision when getting that first detector, so it's well worth reading all you can about the pros and cons, both on the forum and you tube, plus reading some of the metal detecting magazines helps too.
I started with an ace and was very pleased with it, it taught me all about tones, id's and depths, my only reason for changing was a need to detect in the rain, (you'll need to cover the aces control box) and to gain more frequencies.
Regtons supplied my first machine and were good friendly and professional, they also offered a discount if a club member.
BUT dont forget theres a great MDF shop at the top of the forum page. I've bought from there and they are very good too, well worth a look before you buy.
The deal you're looking at seems to be offering you a pointer for a discount of £25, and that's it, all the other extras come with other basic packages.
So really you research, make a list of what you want and where you'll be detecting and then fit your budget to your machine of choice.
Basically:
A machine
A trowel or shovel
Pointer
A good sense of humour!
(Oh and NCMD membership for a tenner gives you lots of insurance to).
And away you go.
Welcome to the forum from East Devon and keep in touch with how you get on.
Regards
Len
Go not quietly into the dark night - take a torch and a trumpet! - and cause a rucus!

Mickie_76

Post by Mickie_76 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:46 pm

Hi bootneck thanks for the reply
I spoke with regtons earlier and I've decided to go with the locator package I'm gonna pop across on Thursday to collect can't wait to get started.

Bootneck45RM

Post by Bootneck45RM » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:34 pm

Good on ya Mickie,
Sure you'll be really pleased with the ace, its a good little finder.
Glad you've joined the throng and am sure you'll be posting up some finds soon enough.
Lots of good advice from the guys and gals here whenever you need it.
Regards
Len 😀👍
Go not quietly into the dark night - take a torch and a trumpet! - and cause a rucus!

cantona1

Post by cantona1 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:41 pm

Good machine, you'll find some good stuff with it ::g

Return to “Garrett ACE 250 Forum”