Nel Tornado

Only topics related to the Garrett ACE 250 metal detector here.
Tetra73

Nel Tornado

Post by Tetra73 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:56 pm

Hi all just got my nice new Nel Tornado for my Ace 250 does anyone have any tips on what might be different from my stock coil or things I need to look out for thanks, just need it to stop raining so I can have a play

Saki

Re: Nel Tornado

Post by Saki » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:08 pm

Great for covering more ground. Heavier. But I got used to it fairly quickly.
I would advise air testing different items to show you the "center spot". Which may very well NOT be where you assume it is...
So use this wet weather to air test
You won't look back from the tornado. And if (when) you upgrade to the 400i. It will fit perfectly ::g
Ace400i with Nel Thunder
Garrett Carrot
CScope CS2M
Wish list: MINELAB EQUINOX 800.

"A little inaccuracy sometimes saves tons of explanation."

kenleyboy

Re: Nel Tornado

Post by kenleyboy » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:46 pm

Only from my own experience I have found them to be great coils if a little hit and miss with locating certain items . Coins and buttons tend to be fairly central to the coil when pinpointing where as other items depending on the shape etc can be a bit out when locating them despite the pinpointer indicating that the item is fairly central . This is not always the case but happens here and there and your holes may be a little wider than normal with a standard coil .
Despite this ,they do go deeper and will find small items comfortably . The coil is a lot heavier on the machine in comparison to the standard coil as to be expected and you will notice the difference but you will get used to it .
Covers good ground and I have been using the 250 with tornado coil quite a bit more than my Q40 as of recent trips out .They are a great combination and I do enjoy using it and has found me some good items . Good luck .
I walk , I dig , I find ....naff all !

Return to “Garrett ACE 250 Forum”