Interpreting signals from EuroAce

Only topics related to the Garrett Euro ace metal detector here.
jeap

Interpreting signals from EuroAce

Post by jeap » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:22 pm

Hi All,

Been out and about (within the boundaries of my permission) with my EuroAce a few times now, and am starting to interpret the tones more effectively. However, I sometimes get a signal that lands in the middle of ferrous - non ferrous, but has a slight fuzzy / crackle noise at the end of the tone (hard to explain - and it's not the machine but the target). I remember reading a topic reply about this response meaning that it's likely to be a junk target, but for the life of me can't remember the exact response. Can anyone elaborate on such a signal?

Regards,

Jeap

Oxgirl36

Re: Interpreting signals from EuroAce

Post by Oxgirl36 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:03 pm

Gawd it depends as sometimes it can be a good target next to iron but I find that is usually biggish iron and not worth digging. Hot rocks can sit there too. The only real way to find out is to dig it. As Gary from XP says your best discriminator is your spade. Dig out a spade full and rescan. If it becomes a better signal definitely keep digging and if not it's up to you wether you are curious enough to continue.
If this is a new machine dig any signal you aren't sure about and treat it as a learning exercise. If you aren't already take a step round and scan again at 90degrees to your first scan. Sometimes an iffy signal changes to a sweet bell tone (hoorah!!) or it just moves further into the ferrous zone.
Hope that helps. And good luck ::g
Carpe vinum

XP Deus !!£$ I use the HOT programme on 17khz, reactivity at 2.5 on v5.21 with the X35 11” coil

Hammered silver 2019 - 18 8=ypr

CookM

Post by CookM » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:28 pm

Usually l find with mine that the gratey scratchy tones result in lumps of coke,l dig them or move them away and have a quick swing to see if anything else is evident, sometimes there has been where coke is near a small target.
Keep at it it gets easier ::g

jeap

Post by jeap » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:36 am

I thought I'd replied but post seems to be floating in the internet cloud somewhere. Anyways thanks both for your replies. I think I've settled on the jewellery mode, which notches off the bottom two ferrous slots. Still get plenty of junk but I'm young and still enthusiastic enough to dig out iron and be happy. I'll keep plugging away and hopefully will be posting pics of gold soon enough. Just wish the weather and work gods would team up and let me get out more.

Cheers,

Jeap

smudge.g

Post by smudge.g » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:10 pm

Hi jeap, sometimes the signals from this capable machine can totally baffle but I have had mine about 2.5yrs and now only use "All Metal" mode but descrim out the first 4 or so bars (iron). I read somewhere that All metal mode was more sensitive than other modes but no idea if this is true! HH.
As the Germans 'might' say:-

"SchvinginbleepindigginundFindenstuff!!!"

new XP Deus/11in coil: 1 silver sixpence 1 foot down!! most impressive.

jeap

Post by jeap » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:24 am

smudge.g wrote:Hi jeap, sometimes the signals from this capable machine can totally baffle but I have had mine about 2.5yrs and now only use "All Metal" mode but descrim out the first 4 or so bars (iron). I read somewhere that All metal mode was more sensitive than other modes but no idea if this is true! HH.
That's interesting - I might switch modes then and even if the more sensitivity is a myth, I'll physiologically feel I'm on a winner.

Jeap

Oxgirl36

Post by Oxgirl36 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:01 am

If you set up a custom programme with all metal as your starting point and notch out a bit of iron you can't go far wrong!!
Carpe vinum

XP Deus !!£$ I use the HOT programme on 17khz, reactivity at 2.5 on v5.21 with the X35 11” coil

Hammered silver 2019 - 18 8=ypr

Return to “Garrett Euro Ace Forum”