People opinion of Garrett Euroace

Only topics related to the Garrett Euro ace metal detector here.
Will0

People opinion of Garrett Euroace

Post by Will0 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:12 pm

Hello all, I've been looking into the Garrett Euro ace and was wondering what is the general opinion on then, it would be my first detector :) many thanks

statbloke

Re: People opinion of Garrett Euroace

Post by statbloke » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:11 pm

Great machine used one before the AT pro and found loads. My detecting partner is using my old one at the moment on a Roman permission and finding tiddly little Roman bronzes and silver hammered. More sensitive to small silver/gold than the 250. This thread may be deleted though as we are not meant to comment on specific brands vs others as it causes too many bun-fights :))
Tall bloke with AT Pro, Nokta Fors Gold plus & Pro-Pointer

Count de Washers

Post by Count de Washers » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:15 pm

I would be very surprised if there was anything wrong with this thread. ::g

wirral jeffo

Post by wirral jeffo » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:42 pm

SURELY YOU WOULD BE BETTER GOING FOR THE GARRET ACE 400I VIRTUALY THE SAME MACHINE BUT WITH A NUMBERS DISPLAY

Oxgirl36

Post by Oxgirl36 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:46 pm

I loved mine and found it to a simple machine with good results. Agree though that the 300i and the 400i should be seriously considered too as they are the latest models and I think they have higher kHz than the EuroAce. If you want more advice contact a main dealer and they'll talk it through with you and answer questions on the phone in simple English ::g
XP Deus !!£$ I use the HOT programme on 17khz, reactivity at 2.5 on v5.21 with the X35 11” coil

Hammered silver 2019 - 13 x;

Blackadder43

Post by Blackadder43 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:06 pm

statbloke wrote:This thread may be deleted though as we are not meant to comment on specific brands vs others as it causes too many bun-fights :))
In the past these threads would pop up, they would start off great with people giving their opinions. Then people who have never owned one would come along and say "don't buy one of those, buy one like i have its great, i find gold bars on a daily basis at 2 foot"
The othes join in because they can smell negativity
Then all hell breaks loose and people actually start to fall out over it.
This is why we chose to just not allow the threads in the first place.

This thread though has asked about a specific machine, the poster wants opinions/experience (preferably from owners or previous owners) on his choice of machine, and that machine only.
Providing it stays on topic about the mentioned machine then my delete hammer will stay in its box.
::g
When you are right no one remembers; when you are wrong no one forgets

Blackadder43

Post by Blackadder43 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:07 pm

Oxgirl36 wrote:I loved mine and found it to a simple machine with good results. Agree though that the 300i and the 400i should be seriously considered too as they are the latest models and I think they have higher kHz than the EuroAce. If you want great advice contact Crawfords and they'll talk it through with you and answer questions on the phone in simple English. They do price match if you mention this forum ::g
To the original poster ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Is perfect advice.
When you are right no one remembers; when you are wrong no one forgets

postiepaul

Post by postiepaul » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:19 pm

HI there, I have just purchased the euro ace after only having the ace 250 for a week . Not that I had a problem with the 250 but I was toying with either the 250 or euro ace from purchase point. I happen to think the 250 is worth the purchase however I wanted to see if the euro ace could perform even better I had the extra to put towards the euro ace and sold the 250. So for me for now the euro ace is a great machine and so is the ace 250 (a bit cheaper) but just to confuse you look into the 400i if you can afford it as it seems an upgrade of both ace 250 and euro ace. It all comes down to your budget but whatever you choose you will enjoy any of those detectors. (look at my other posts to see what my euro ace has found so far ...

SMIFF

Post by SMIFF » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:08 pm

Great starter unit, learn it have fun and enjoy the hobby.

many great finds with mine, its on loan to a m8 at the mo and he also has got some great stuff.

ninja nige

Post by ninja nige » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:27 pm

hi.
my dad and some of my mates have the euro ace, with the 13inch tornado coil it is awesome
lots of small silver and quarter staters found with it.
pound for pound as good as anything. and its quite light.
nige
WHITES MXT, MXT-PRO,mxt sport..MAKRO MULTI KRUZER.. 750 formula racing car, arsenal season ticket. `11 cats

killer140269

Post by killer140269 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:31 pm

Great machine found my first and only gold coin with it 1846 viccy sovereign and loads of good stuff and surprisingly good depth ,easy to use ,best starter machine in my opinion.

statbloke

Post by statbloke » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:36 pm

Agree with others that if you are going to buy new the 400i is worth a look and has a slight edge on the EuroAce. My original Ace 250 served me very well but am still very fond of EuroAce. My first permission that wasn't my back garden was a woodland opposite the house where I found lots of Georgian coins / tokens with the 250. My first outing with EuroAce after unboxing found a tiny silver hammered Eddy III penny (my first hammered which I was over the moon about) literally as I'd just switched it on for its first ever hunt. Followed a few weeks later by a tiny Georgian silver button and an 18ct gold band ring. Thought all my Christmas' had come at once. All found in areas that had been done thoroughly with the 250. I think a bit of this was just sheer luck but the higher frequency machines are great for the tiny thin coins and silvers/gold. Good luck and happy hunting ::g
Tall bloke with AT Pro, Nokta Fors Gold plus & Pro-Pointer

Aquila

Post by Aquila » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:49 pm

It's a great machine, my friend used to detect with EuroAce and it gave him a lot of great finds (and a lot of bad ones - deep trash ;) ). He had no trouble detecting tiny thin silvers, but he (not so long ago) decided to switch to AT Pro because the difference between our results (I'm using AT Pro) was striking. I was almost always bringing about 50% more coins. It may be mostly the result of different technique, me walking and digging a bit faster, but the difference was very noticeable. So in short - EuroAce is great and will give you a lot of fun and superb finds, but if you want better results - consider buying AT Pro or at least upgrading to it in the future.
Oldest coin I've found - L Julius Bursio's denarius, 85 BC. And I love it!

Lee67

Post by Lee67 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:16 pm

I recently bought a used ace 250 to back to the hobby after 20 yrs....been out twice and had usual coins, musket balls buttons etc, but also a nice medival strap end, and my first hammered coin, a james 1st farthing....ive got the bug and just bought a new euroace, im out tomoz on its first outing so can comment more later...bro is now using the 250' ...
Tekentics Eurotek pro/ mars tiger coil
Xp deus 11"
Garrett Euroace
Garrett ace 250

Billy Doyle

Post by Billy Doyle » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:57 am

The Euro-Ace was my first proper machine and it works really well. It's simple to use, pretty accurate at pinpointing, and surprisingly deep. I found a few 'firsts' with that machine and would highly recommend it. In fact, it now lives at my parents house, so when I visit them I still use it! ::g

roamingrob

Post by roamingrob » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:45 am

Hi just to add my bit I started out with the Euroace after a lot of looking around. ::g
XP Deus, 11" Coil & SW5 headphones
Garrett Ace 250
XP MI6 pin pointer
Hybrid Spade
" SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND"
FB page https://www.facebook.com/Roamingrob-Hig ... 069738277/

punkboy101

Post by punkboy101 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:38 am

Would certainly recommend they Euroace as a first machine. I started with one, found my first hammered coins (including a quarter cut) with it, and also found a Gold Roman coin (The only gold I've had to date). I know everyone has different opinions but I think it's extremely capable for an entry level machine. I still have mine as a back-up, and often lend it to friends who want to try detecting. Highly recommend! ::g

smudge.g

Post by smudge.g » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:38 am

Agree with all the comments about the Euroace. However, I started having problems with the stock coil so upgraded to a Nel Tornado. Well, it turned it into a new machine for me and had paid for itself within 2 weeks! Admittedly, my holes are bigger than before but have found so much more deep stuff than with the stock coil. Good luck and HH.
As the Germans 'might' say:-

"SchvinginbleepindigginundFindenstuff!!!"

new XP Deus/11in coil: 1 silver sixpence 1 foot down!! most impressive.

Lee67

Post by Lee67 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:27 pm

2nd time out with euroace today and had another hammered ...an Edward II farthing...thats two in 8 days luving iy :D
Tekentics Eurotek pro/ mars tiger coil
Xp deus 11"
Garrett Euroace
Garrett ace 250

jeap

Post by jeap » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:33 am

I recently bought the EuroAce (I'm new to the game) and want to echo other comments about how easy it is to use. I can't compare it to other machines but after doing some research, felt like it was the right choice as it fell into my price bracket, and I would be getting a machine that could do some serious searching. I'm hoping to get out this weekend (although the imminent ice age might change this) so may be able to add to this after.

Jeap

rustexpert

Post by rustexpert » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:46 pm

I have had a Euroace for two years; I can recommend it wholeheartedly.
It is not a top performance machine but you can expect good results and simple to use.
I find that the pin pointing facility is not quite what you might expect from looking at the tutorial video/instructions; consider a pinpointer but I manage o.k. without one.

Billy Doyle

Post by Billy Doyle » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:13 pm

rustexpert wrote:I find that the pin pointing facility is not quite what you might expect from looking at the tutorial video/instructions; consider a pinpointer but I manage o.k. without one.
For pinpointing 'where' to dig (so your hole is not too big), the Garrett is pretty good actually. The key is the technique (see below). For pin-pointing once your hole is dug, then a hand-held pin-pointer may be the way to go?

EuroAce pin-pointing:
The sensitivity of the pin-pointing on the Garrett I've found, is determined by how close your coil is to the target when you press the pin-point button.
Hold your coil near to the target (assuming you have a reasonable idea where it is, from normal detecting sweeps), then sweep back and forth. Narrow the search area down by releasing the button and re-applying it nearer the centre of the target area and sweep again. You can actually fine tune the pin-pointing really well.
Repeat this pressing and adjusting as needed until you are right on top of the target, then dig!
Test it out by putting a coin on your garden (or someone else's garden ;) ) and practising. You will very quickly see how close you can get to the target, with pressing and releasing, and this will give you pretty accurate results ::g Hope it made sense.
Don't forget 90 degree turns while pin-pointing to get both axis pin-pointed.

Good luck!

BD [:)

Oxgirl36

Post by Oxgirl36 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:05 pm

So Willo what did you buy?
XP Deus !!£$ I use the HOT programme on 17khz, reactivity at 2.5 on v5.21 with the X35 11” coil

Hammered silver 2019 - 13 x;

Return to “Garrett Euro Ace Forum”