Custom Program for "general searching"

Only topics related to the Garrett Euro ace metal detector here.
Frenchieboy

Custom Program for "general searching"

Post by Frenchieboy » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:33 am

I've bought a Garrett Euroace and a NEL Tornado coil to go with it so that I can detect with a "newer" machine than my old faithful CS5MX. I've been through the user manual several times and watched the series of videos on Youtube titled "Garrett Euroace Basics" a couple of times so this morning I am hoping to get out and try my "new machine" on some new permission that I got last week-end.
I like to play around with the setting on a new machine to try to "optimise" the performance of the machine so does anyone have any "favourite settings" that they use in the "Custom Mode" on their Euroace for general detecting on farm grazing land that they would like to pass on please?

Oxgirl36

Re: Custom Program for "general searching"

Post by Oxgirl36 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:58 am

It doesn’t have programs in the same way as a higher end machine has. I used to notch out 2 or 3 on the bar and that was it.

Hope you enjoy it. The Garrett was good on pasture ::g
Carpe vinum

XP Deus !!£$ I use the HOT programme on 17khz, reactivity at 2.5 on v5.21 with the X35 11” coil

Hammered silver 2019 - 20 8=ypr

Frenchieboy

Post by Frenchieboy » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:19 am

Well pointed out Oxgirl, it was a poor choice of words on my part. What I should have said was what MODE do members prefer working in with the Euroace and find that they get most success with for "general searching" with on pasture land.

garrettoldboy

Post by garrettoldboy » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:36 am

hello, i found my euro ace worked best in custom mode, same as the Regtons video, although you may need to adjust better with the Nel coil

Frenchieboy

Post by Frenchieboy » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:57 pm

Garrettoldboy, I have watched that video about using the "Custom Mode" but have yet to try those settings. Next time I am out with the Euroace I will give it a go with the machine set as per the video and see how things go.
I guess that half of the fun with a new machine and coil is experimenting with the different modes and settings.

Return to “Garrett Euro Ace Forum”