AKA Sorex pro

Please post all your personal metal detector reviews here.
blueonceagain

AKA Sorex pro

Post by blueonceagain » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:08 am

I have recently purchased one of these.I had no need of it really but Im lucky to be able to afford it so thought I would give it a try.Jury still out as its not the simplest machine Ive ever owned.Cant review it just yet but I was wondering if there are any users on here with views/tips on using the machine.Thank you.

Xp gmaxx ll.Whites M6.Sovereign GT.Nokta Fors Core.Sorex Pro

redwulf500

Re: AKA Sorex pro

Post by redwulf500 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:49 am

hi theres a aka forum..

BlackBridgeBoy

Post by BlackBridgeBoy » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:00 am

blueonceagain wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:08 am
I have recently purchased one of these.I had no need of it really but Im lucky to be able to afford it so thought I would give it a try.Jury still out as its not the simplest machine Ive ever owned.Cant review it just yet but I was wondering if there are any users on here with views/tips on using the machine.Thank you.
Hi blueonceagain.
I have an AKA Signum, and found the same when I first started to use it (I nearly binned it after a week!). It's not an easy detector to get to know, but once you have got to grips with it, it is a fabulous machine.
Start with the basic programs, and learn to understand the tones that the machine is giving you and the response on the Hodograph. Once you master that, you can start going up through the preset programs.
If you want any more assistance, just drop me a PM.
Regards.
Nick.
BBB.
Yorkshire Born & Bred

blueonceagain

Post by blueonceagain » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:14 am

Thanks for reply.Is there any way to stop hearing iron.Not a big problem as the hodograph always shows a rough circle on left.It does not bother me on my XP Gmaxx ll.But it does for some reason on this machine.May perhaps get used to it.I have FE on 0.

BlackBridgeBoy

Post by BlackBridgeBoy » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:05 pm

Hi blueonceagain.
You can change your Discrimination so that Iron (apart from large Iron) won't give you a tone, but that means that you might miss something. It's the same with most detectors.
I've just learned to ignore the dull sound that Iron gives, and listen for the higher tones that mean something worth digging for.
Regards.
Nick.
BBB.
Yorkshire Born & Bred

blueonceagain

Post by blueonceagain » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:02 pm

Thank you for the reply.Yes there is a lot of large iron in the field but somehow it never bothered me with Goldmaxx.I suppose Ill get used to it.

Return to “Detector Reviews Forum”