Crossbow Classic has arrived! Its a beast!!

All topics related to other metal detector brands, makes that do not have their own category here.
Other Brand Videos
BAMBAM

Crossbow Classic has arrived! Its a beast!!

Post by BAMBAM » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:10 pm

Just arrived. Very solid machine with proper buttons. Build quality is awesome ::g .

Now charging the in-built battery pack and cant wait to get to the beach with it!!!

BAMBAM
East Yorkshire
Semper exspectare et ecce subito!
(Always expect the unexpected!)
Detectors: XP ORX | XP ADX 150 | Garrett Pro-pointer

BAMBAM

Re: Crossbow Classic has arrived! Its a beast!!

Post by BAMBAM » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:16 pm

Yes I am. Hope its loves up to my expectations.
BAMBAM
East Yorkshire

jimbotrucker

Post by jimbotrucker » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:36 pm

I am following the progress of you & the crossbow, keep us informed ::g
Minelab equinox 600
Quest pro
Two mad dogs
Not enough time in fields :-( too far from the beach :-(
Not enough Land :-(

BAMBAM

Post by BAMBAM » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:21 pm

jimbotrucker wrote:I am following the progress of you & the crossbow, keep us informed ::g
will do jimbotrucker ::g
BAMBAM
East Yorkshire

BAMBAM

Post by BAMBAM » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:18 pm

Well managed to get out with this new machine today, a high mid afternoon tide limited me to a iron infested part of Fraisthorpe beach but it is evident that this is a seriously powerful and deep machine.

It was giving signals too deep to dig in watery sand, and even notching the depth down to minimum i was struggling to detect because of depth.

I got a number of coins at over 12 inches ( all decimal ) but today was about getting a feel of the the machine.

The in built battery pack charged up as per the manual from a lap top supply. The machine is well built and very robust but I had to make an improvised cover for the coil as it did not come with one.

One drawback is the it is quite heavy, but it is well balanced too. I am looking forward to being able to read the frequency tone changes, but that will only come with practice.

Two hours in fading light gave me a decent haul and £199 well spent IMO.
BAMBAM
East Yorkshire

BAMBAM

Post by BAMBAM » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:50 pm

bainsey wrote:glad your please with it Brian! im looking down the pi route now, really want a dedicated beach detector and a seperate land one. just waiting for some cheap ones to come up on fleebay.

andy

I thinks thats the way to go, I have my Rutus for land and the crossbow pI for beach.

Theres a whites surfmaster PI on that website - Ray ( machinist) has one and he likes his.

Regards

Brian
BAMBAM
East Yorkshire

east coast stu

Post by east coast stu » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:22 pm

glad you like the pulse, I was further down the beach at 7am this morning, just decimal and a 1960s half penny. You need a very heavy duty digger for the wetsand 18-20 inch plus is quite common depth when you get used to the machine.
Whites surf pi pro, Compass 77b, Laser Rapier Plus, Garrett Scorpion,

BAMBAM

Post by BAMBAM » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:58 pm

east coast stu wrote:glad you like the pulse, I was further down the beach at 7am this morning, just decimal and a 1960s half penny. You need a very heavy duty digger for the wetsand 18-20 inch plus is quite common depth when you get used to the machine.
hi stu, i have a invader but its too narrow ... what do you use/recommend?
BAMBAM
East Yorkshire

east coast stu

Post by east coast stu » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:06 pm

I use a industrial quality round ended spade, dont try anything with a wooden handle as you will break it, cheapest option is to get a standard spade head and get somebody to weld a steel tubing handle, The weights not a problem as you drag it behind you

BAMBAM

Post by BAMBAM » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:29 pm

east coast stu wrote:I use a industrial quality round ended spade, dont try anything with a wooden handle as you will break it, cheapest option is to get a standard spade head and get somebody to weld a steel tubing handle, The weights not a problem as you drag it behind you

thanks stu
BAMBAM
East Yorkshire

nevntl

Post by nevntl » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:25 pm

Hi Bambam
I have read with enthusiasm your posts regarding Crossbow Classic i too own one of these machines and have encountered very deep digs my last foray on the beach had me digging some 20 inches on a 1920 florin in very good condition looked like it was covered in engineers blue but just wiped clean nice piece i also found that if i came up the beach and tried i also had to reduce the depth but i found that increasing the delay gave me bangs everywhere on decimal coinage very crisp signals your thoughts please
Nokta Impact Pro
Swathes of Lincolnshire country side
Strong Digging Arm
::g

chefphones

Post by chefphones » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:42 am

Rallymaker can I ask...were the search coils of an equal size? the reason I ask is, as you know and I think have posted yourself the main restriction on VLF machines when looking for mid to low conductive targets is mineralisation and the masking effect is eventually has on targets. Pi's aren't effected by mineralisation in the same way and so it's the smaller targets that it sees deeper than a VLF. Iron is not the best test as it's a high conductor (detector wise) and is the easiest target to detect.
finds 2013
Roman Grots 14

chefphones

Post by chefphones » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:02 pm

Well either really as they both suffer the same problems with mineralisation, in fact the mineralisation threshold has been risen on the FBS/BBs machines and that is why they don't see small gold.
I just wanted to know if the coils were the same size in your test?
finds 2013
Roman Grots 14

nevntl

Post by nevntl » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:29 pm

As a footnote to my earlier post whilst out with my stepson on Filey beach i was detecting items at depths in excess of two foot with my crossbow classic with the both of us digging and just pulled out a hairgrip tremendous depth for a very small item my stepsons detector passed over the grip before digging with no response. Now i am quite aware that with pi's there is always going to be a lot of digging and as a seasoned user of a whites surfmaster dig everything due to lack of discrimination and a single tone i am now finding the crossbow classic is a different beast altogether in the fact that crisp signals are worth digging especially if the same response comes from static mode in fact i have found my machine to give three types of tone almost identical and very hard to explain but through my headset my ears are distinguishing a difference in frequency and i must say my hearing is not the best and i have the same response on our permission land but obviously not the find rates that my stepson gets with his garret ace 250.
As a test for my crossbow i put a gold ring on soil surface and got a good ping i then buried the same ring 16'' wow amazing ping actually better than the surface now you could air test my old surfmaster but it is not even worth trying with the crossbow one thing i know is if you own a crossbow classic and you hear a really crisp sound you will be shouting theres gold in them there hills
Nokta Impact Pro
Strong Digging Arm

chefphones

Post by chefphones » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:15 pm

LOL yes yes yes, now were the coils the same size?? :)) Was that written by a Minelab rep, why then do you have the facility to ground balance a Sov GT? At the end of the day it is a VLF, multi frequency or not and as such has to obey the laws of physics which in this case is mineralisation.
finds 2013
Roman Grots 14

Machinist

Post by Machinist » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:45 pm

RALLYMAKER wrote: Hi Andy a perfectly valid point , but your never gong to know, how will you decide dont get me wrong ,its a matter of choice , on the right beach the Crossbow will be the dogs whats its ,I wish you well with it , keep us posted its going to come up with that heavy linked gold chain about 75 grams , and I will be eating my hat ,, LOL GOOD LUCK
Andy uses a CS4PI which is a great PI machine on the Beaches we search here, I have just switched from a White's PI to the Crossbow PI and the first trip out with it has already paid for half of it. http://www.metaldetectingforum.co.uk/vi ... 98#p334368" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ::g
It's all the Headless Hunters fault !!

Member of South Yorkshire MDC

5mxjunkie

Post by 5mxjunkie » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:58 pm

hey bam bam
are these still available ? if so where can you get them from? looking for a pi machine, was going to buy c scope 4pi but have seen a few good reviews on this machine.
thanks

Mega B

Post by Mega B » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:56 pm

@ 5mxjunkie only 12 of the Crossbow PI machines have been made it was a cancelled order,i was lucky to be able to buy the very last one,the price they sold for was totally crazy as the build quality and the power out of these machines is is beyond belief.They could we have been sold for 3-4 times the price and still been a bargain.

I think most of them will be used on the beach but mine is being setup as a hoard hunter,certainly the best detecting bit of kit that i have bought ::g
Nexus MP,Nexus SE,TDI Pro,Fisher TW-5 twin box,Equinox,Deus.

Mucky

Post by Mucky » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:13 pm

Mega B wrote:I think most of them will be used on the beach but mine is being setup as a hoard hunter,certainly the best detecting bit of kit that i have bought ::g
I think we all own "hoard hunters" on here then. =))
Only kidding, hope you enjoy your new bit of kit. ::g

nevntl

Post by nevntl » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:26 pm

Hi guys
Anybody out there with a whites TDI pi I would like some comparisons with regards to honest depth I would like to compare with my crossbow
Nokta Impact Pro
Strong Digging Arm

east coast stu

Post by east coast stu » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:10 pm

Never seen anybody using one on the east coast Nev, theres a few here with old Goldscans, but most of us use the Pi Pro, Dual Field, or the C scopes. Will probably see you at Filey this week

nevntl

Post by nevntl » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:54 pm

Hi Stu
Yeah I'll prob be down box day and the next have a good Xmas
Nev ::g :))
Nokta Impact Pro
Strong Digging Arm

explorer-fan

Post by explorer-fan » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:01 pm

Hi guys.

i now this is a very old post now, but i own a Crossbow Classic pi detector now and was wondering if anyone has any good tips that they could give me on using it.

many thanks in advance.
IF YOU DON'T DIG IT, SOMEONE ELSE WILL.....SOMEONE LIKE ME.

Return to “Other Brands Forum”