Vallon vmh3cs audio question

All topics related to other metal detector brands, makes that do not have their own category here.
Other Brand Videos
RobD

Vallon vmh3cs audio question

Post by RobD » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:36 am

Hi
I used to detect about 40 yrs ago with a self-made detector, and am re-engaging with the hobby. I shall be in an area in South Africa with iron-rich soil and rocks and I am attracted to a 2nd-hand Vallon vmh3cs ex-Army detector, partly for their rugged construction and the fact that they can be quickly adjusted to mineral rich soil. However: I am worried about the earphone output which is a 6-pin socket to a military-type head piece; so perhaps I'd like to adapt it to a simple ear piece.
Vallon will sell me an adapter for 134 Euros, but that is roughly what I hope to pay for the whole kit - so my question to the forum is this:
Would I be able to source or make up an ear-piece adapter myself? I have an avometer to test which of the 6 pins is live.
many thanks
Rob

stupot

Re: Vallon vmh3cs audio question

Post by stupot » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:59 pm

Hi Rob

Interesting question... I know that some of the units sold to the civilian sector are supplied with a single earphone set. The operator must have one ear free to communicate. The 6 pin connector/adapter could likely be made up for you by a competent shop or individual.

Personally, I would just try the earset supplied & take it from there. Mods on that set would be my first choice. Let us know how you find the Pulse machine mate.

Fusion

Post by Fusion » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:52 pm

I have sent you a Private Message with some info that is likely to be useful.

For everyone else:
There's a website called "Geotech1 dot com", which has some interesting articles about understanding/building metal detectors, and there's also a discussion forum, which I'm not allowed to link to. On the forum, there is a long thread about the Vallon, it's operation, modifying it, making new coils for it, with significant input from Eric Foster.
:(

IronMan

Post by IronMan » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:36 am

Hi -
Not clear if you have an earpiece or not - but i have a Vallon that arrived without, - but found some on Ebay last night for around £20 posted ..

Bri.

Return to “Other Brands Forum”