Arados -can the cable be safely unplugged at the control box socket?

All topics related to other metal detector brands, makes that do not have their own category here.
Other Brand Videos
Pathfinder1977

Arados -can the cable be safely unplugged at the control box socket?

Post by Pathfinder1977 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:14 pm

Ive recenly acquired an Arado 120b and like quite a few detectors it has a cable that runs from the coil, outside the stem and enters the control box via a socket. I find the cable has a lot of slack and so tried coiling it around the stem a couple of times to keep it from getting pulled or damaged in use. I dismantle the stem in half each time I pack/unpack from my carrier bag. However no amount of winding one stem half around the other seems to wrap the cable around as it simply unwinds again when the stem halves are joined back together. The only way to wind the cable effectively seems to be to unplug it at the control box socket, then wind it round the stem, before replugging it again. That would only need to be done once and should do the trick.

However, my question is, will unplugging and replugging the cable in this socket mean the machine has to be factory retuned, or will it work normally again? I dont want to mess my machine up. All my previous machines have been early C-Scopes, which have/had cables thread inside their stems, so this kind of socket was never encountered before.

Lots of you have/had machines with such a socket -not just Arados either. Any ideas please?
And does anyone have a manual (or photocopy) for an Arado 120b or IBA95?

Patience
Persistence (sometimes sheer pigheadedness)
A good detector
Fully charged batteries

beep-and-dig

Re: Arados -can the cable be safely unplugged at the control box socket?

Post by beep-and-dig » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:02 pm

Yes, the cable can be safely unplugged from the control box coil socket ::g

Fusion

Re: Arados -can the cable be safely unplugged at the control box socket?

Post by Fusion » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:14 pm

Get a packet of velcro cable-tidies, two of them on each 'shaft half' should hold the cable in place when you dismantle it.

Return to “Other Brands Forum”