Just purchased a Deeptech Vista gold gain!

All topics related to other metal detector brands, makes that do not have their own category here.
Other Brand Videos
Copperballs1

Just purchased a Deeptech Vista gold gain!

Post by Copperballs1 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:44 am

Just purchased a Deeptech Vista gold gain as a backup machine to my Deus. It arrives on Tuesday...does anyone have any tips for the machine?

Thanks,

Copperballs1 ::g

tinsmith

Re: Just purchased a Deeptech Vista gold gain!

Post by tinsmith » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:45 pm

ive a vista smart , not used it yet , hope it performs better that the build quality as I cant say im impressed , but I have seen some good stuff on fb by detech machines

RobA

Re: Just purchased a Deeptech Vista gold gain!

Post by RobA » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:26 pm

Just recently bought a Vista Gold Gain myself as a backup to the CTX. Unfortunately I'm finding it loves coke and gives a cracking 'must dig' signal to boot!

It's great otherwise, very fast and surprisingly deep considering it's 30khz. First time out it pulled up a lovely silver thimble that was quite deep (and the paddock had been done to death my both my Etrac and CTX) and I had part of a bronze Romano-British penannular brooch recently on a club dig.

The biggest surprise came when we were air testing several machines on a tiny silver hammered at a recent club dig. Only the Gold Gain and a Goldmaxx could detect it at any distance from the coil, bit of a kick in the teeth for owners of the 'new' machine!

I tend to run mine as follows; two tone, boost off, volume full, iron volume low (first big line), gain 35, sensitivity 40, disc low (first big line), ground balance until silent, but I still need to experiment with different settings to truly suss it out. Hope that helps Copperballs1.

Return to “Other Brands Forum”