New golden mask 5+

Please post all topics related to other metal detector brands, makes that do not have their own catagory here.
SMELLYJELLY

New golden mask 5+

Post by SMELLYJELLY » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:57 pm

ok so there's a new updated version of the golden mask 5 on the horizon. The new gm5+ boasts plenty of added features with gain and also the claim of some added 30% depth of a coin on edge ? I'm all for trying these other branded machines as I've recently added the deeptech vista warrior but unfortunately it's not for me, I like my screen and like some kind of idea on what I might be digging beforehand, and also it seems to love the coke and hot rock. But what I'm wondering is if there are many gm5 users who can recommend this machine and if they would upgrade to the newer version if it's that gd. Thanks all Sj.

Koala

Re: New golden mask 5+

Post by Koala » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:20 pm

No idea on these newer machines

Did quite like the 1+ I had a play with. The 7" coil was superb.

Bobcromer

Post by Bobcromer » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:33 pm

Eagerly waiting for some reviews on this . At €590. Euros it's not a bad price. Can get discounts which brings it down to €540 with choice of coil. Don't think they will be shipped til beginning of February so will expect the reviews sometime after that. Tried most of the gm models including tangra and Thracian. Found them all pretty good but settled on the gm1+uk for my needs. The gm5+ does sound tempting. Based on the claims and knowing how good these are anyway It could be a good machine.might just bite the bullet and get my order in. Will report back if i do. :-/

SMELLYJELLY

Post by SMELLYJELLY » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:38 am

There's been some quite good reviews of the gm5 so I'm hoping the all new version maybe with 12" coil might be a worth contender. A lot of good things are said of the gm1 and early models. You can only hope that things have got better. Sj

pistolpete

Post by pistolpete » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:41 pm

I own a few top line machines, a ctx, a deus,fisher f75, and my latest edition is the gm5+.iv had the machine for a month now and I can honestly say I'm well impressed with it .You can get the gm5 even cheaper by going online to thrace detectors ,when yo complete your order go to the bottom of the order and put in the discount code (thracian ), this will give you a discount of 10%. Postage is 17 euros, the whole thing should come to 470 pounds Stirling after discount.this includes any choice of coil in the range plus cordless headphones. P's be careful if you order your machine without cordless headphones, you can't order them later for your machine, as they're matched as a set with the electronics fitted in the factory. Good hunting! .

sanjuro

Post by sanjuro » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:15 pm

pistolpete wrote:I own a few top line machines, a ctx, a deus,fisher f75, and my latest edition is the gm5+.iv had the machine for a month now and I can honestly say I'm well impressed with it .You can get the gm5 even cheaper by going online to thrace detectors ,when yo complete your order go to the bottom of the order and put in the discount code (thracian ), this will give you a discount of 10%. Postage is 17 euros, the whole thing should come to 470 pounds Stirling after discount.this includes any choice of coil in the range plus cordless headphones. P's be careful if you order your machine without cordless headphones, you can't order them later for your machine, as they're matched as a set with the electronics fitted in the factory. Good hunting! .
You can pair a set up later if you dont want or cant afford them at the time it involves opening your battery box but it can be done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt3kxPK ... e=youtu.be

pistolpete

Post by pistolpete » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:55 pm

There has been an issue with gas falling, make sure your coil cable is well tight into the control box, then gently wiggle the coil cable to make sure it's not falling! .

Return to “Other Metal Detector Brands Forum”