Evolution Pro Scoop Type R - New Scoop for 2015

Please feel free to post topics about metal detecting sand scoops here.
MDF Auction - Metal Detecting Scoops
Rhoco71

Re: Pro Scoop Type R - New Scoop for 2015

Post by Rhoco71 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:29 pm

Pav wrote:Have now been able to order a Type R. :D

Now need to deposit these in my paypal account :-/
=)) =)) You weren't joking when you offered pound coins instead of paypal =)) =)) ::g

Evolution Solutions Detecting Products...
oderint dum metuant

neverneverman

Post by neverneverman » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:53 am

That's a nice pile of Coins there ::g

Pav

Post by Pav » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:02 pm

I have been collecting the £1 coins for the R Type purchase and then found I had to pay via PayPal!

The R Type scoop arrived yesterday whilst I was out. It was left with my neighbour. Having been disappointed by couriers leaving things on door steps recently I was pleased that this courier handed it to a neighbour for safe keeping ::g .

Well packaged and looks great! Surprised how light it feels. Probably the weight of my wife's supply of shampoo and hair conditioner she takes on holiday so I see no argument when we next go on holiday.

I already have a sand scoop but this one is so I can experiment with some thick walled carbon shafts I have acquired which are really light but seem super strong. The thing I look forward to most is not getting broken shafts stuck down the tube attachment that you find on most other sand scoops.

neverneverman

Post by neverneverman » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:19 pm

I'm glad it got to you safe and sound ::g May it help find lots of bling .. :D

Pav

Post by Pav » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:09 pm

I will add some photos eventually but some feedback for now;

When I saw the photo of this scoop I wanted one as I could see a massive advantage in the way the handle is attached. No more broken shaft ends stuck in a tube! It was also clear that it would accommodate all sizes of handle so gave me something to play with as I have some thick walled carbon tubes to play with.

The tube I have started with is a fraction thinner than standard broom handle. The U bolts supplied did not have a long enough thread to tighten down on to the tube without the plastic tube supplied but I found some with a longer thread (no stainless, so when I know exactly what is required I may message you) which worked well. It is super light weight!

I tested tonight during the lightening storm. Really pleased with the strength of the carbon tube and the scoop works really well. The scoop is a bit narrower than I am used to having a monster sized scoop already but it was wide enough without having to use pinpoint mode.

I have yet to hit the rocky ground but have no concern re. The scoop. I am interested to see if the carbon tube is up to it. It's a top quality scoop and friends with an engineering background have all commented on its build quality. Also when I have asked "how much £" it is clear this is good value.

::g

Return to “Metal Detecting Scoops”