DIY camera/Copy Stands Again..

Please only post topics here related to metal detecting tips and tricks & D.I.Y
Pete E

DIY camera/Copy Stands Again..

Post by Pete E »

I came across a webpage outlining a suggestion for DIY Camera/Copy stand and thought it may be of some interest to people here.

The build centres around the use of threaded bar, and to be honest I think if a lot of course adjustments were needed, this deign would be a PITA. However for taking a series of pics of say coins where there would be very little adjustment between shots, I think it would be ok.

Of particular interest is the evelated glass base..I like the results it gives with the flint tool and I think its an idea that warrents some further experimentation ie maybe trying none reflective glass or using different lighting sources.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Pete E on Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Makro Racer 2
Makro Pinpointer
August EP650 Wireless headphones
TaoTronics Wireless Portable Transmitter, (Bluetooth 4.1, aptX Low Latency)

Pete E

Re: DIY camera/Copy Stands Again..

Post by Pete E »

I should have added that the original website is here
https://www.instructables.com/id/Macro-Photo-Stand/

One thing to note is that the guy mentions he put the up rights a bit close together and consequently had to cut the wing nuts down making them less user friendly.

Personally, I am not sure it this setup would hold a full size DSLR, but it would be fine for smaller cameras and if scaled down, it would be easy to adapt to hold a phone..

I am trying to locate an old enlarger to build a stand for my DSLR, but might just try this in the mean time. If I do, I will probably replace the metal arm/boom that holds the camera with a wooden block so I can attach a tripod quick release mount, which are available fairly cheaply online..
Makro Racer 2
Makro Pinpointer
August EP650 Wireless headphones
TaoTronics Wireless Portable Transmitter, (Bluetooth 4.1, aptX Low Latency)

WVAM

Re: DIY camera/Copy Stands Again..

Post by WVAM »

pm sent

Return to “Tips & DIY Forum”