Adding a Spade Carrier to the 'new' Finds Pouch

Please only post topics here related to metal detecting tips and tricks & D.I.Y
sweepstick47

Adding a Spade Carrier to the 'new' Finds Pouch

Post by sweepstick47 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:24 pm

Hello Good Peeps, ::g

Last month I managed to win a couple of prizes in our Club raffle event and was rewarded with a new finds pouch, Wowee! I already had one of course, (being an affluent sort of chap) so I wasn’t entirely sure what I should do with it. Having had another squint at my ‘old’ one, which was more than 5 years old, the decision was made to put it into immediate use as after carrying out the mandatory (for me) modifications to make it a more practical device than simply somewhere to put the good, bad and downright ugly ‘just found’ items.

The ‘mandatory’ mods:-

1. A carrier for my weighty S/Steel Evolution Digger – on the left side.
2. An anchor point for my pin-pointer – on the right side.

Anyway like, here’s a pic of the finished item in case anyone fancies applying a carrier to theirs.
Materials used – A very large heavy duty spatula (seen while passing a charity shop) and a spare tool hanger left over after kitting out the workshop. (spatula remains shown)!
All the best and Good Luck. Regards ss47 ::g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

A disservice is no service at all.

Oxgirl36

Re: Adding a Spade Carrier to the 'new' Finds Pouch

Post by Oxgirl36 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:51 pm

I love the ingenuity shown on here. Great modifications Sweepstick ::g

I’ve always wondered how easy it is to have the spade attached to the belt. Does it get heavy (pulling the bag down) or does it get in the way whilst walking? :-/
Carpe vinum

XP Deus !!£$ I use the HOT programme on 17khz, reactivity at 2.5 on v5.21 with the X35 11” coil

Hammered silver 2019 - 22 B-)

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:19 pm

Hello Oxgirl 36. Thank for the kind words. Whilst I can't answer for everyone, I've experienced no problems at all regarding the weight of the spade on the carrier and it doesn't get in the way when walking at detecting pace. I've used this 'set-up' for over 20 yrs and always found it to be practical.

Being right handed my left hand is always free until a 'digable' signal is located. Additionally, whilst 'swinging', my left hand is invariably placed in the large pocket of the f/pouch for added warmth -
works a treat. Cheers - ss47

Blackadder43
Admin

Post by Blackadder43 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:16 am

I have always carried my spade in my left hand, kind of balances me
It would actually do my head in having my draper spade swinging from my belt like a xmas tree decoration
I have my pouch and pinpointer and that seems enough hanging bits =)) =))
But kudos for your Ingenuity ::g
When you are right no one remembers; when you are wrong no one forgets

Easylife

Post by Easylife » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:36 am

I guess that over a period of time we all make modifications to our kit to make it more practical for ourselves. My top tip is to add a shoulder strap to your finds pouch belt to prevent it riding down under the weight of finds, then however heavy it gets it won't be noticeable. ::g :D
Nox 800, 15" coil & Garrett carrot.
White's TDI SL

bazzerhut

Post by bazzerhut » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:39 am

Love the tool-hanger idea, and I think I'll be borrowing it - this is just the sort of solution I've wished for during the coldest winter months.

I use a relatively short-handled Black Ada Invader, which I normally rest horizontally on my free shoulder, but the last thing you want in frosty temperatures is to keep your hand held above your heart, because the blood just won't get up there properly. At the very least, a gizmo like this would allow me to occasionally thaw my free hand in my jacket pocket, containing a battery-powered warmer.

Barry
Equinox 800 / XP Deus

"We have left undug those things which we ought to have dug; And we have dug those things which we ought not to have dug; And there is no wealth in us."

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:43 am

=)) =)) "My top tip is to add a shoulder strap to your finds pouch belt to prevent it riding down under the weight of finds" - I should be so lucky Easylife! :D ss47 ::g

Return to “Tips & DIY Forum”