Detector stand

Please only post topics here related to metal detecting tips and tricks & D.I.Y
meadowman

Detector stand

Post by meadowman » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:39 pm

Hi guys, after reading about homemade stands, came up with this. One jubilee clip and one coat hanger. The hanger is plastic but wire or wood will do.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sweepstick47

Re: Detector stand

Post by sweepstick47 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:34 pm

Hello 'meadowman' ::g The principle is fine but I doubt it will prove very practical in the field as the weak link would appear to be the flimsy coat hangar. I 'm sure your MkII model will prove more effective.

I'm a great believer in going down the DIY route ::g it often offers a practical and convenient solution to a problem. Financial savings, if there are any, are secondary to the success of the project. :D All the best and Good Luck. Regards ss47
Arado 130 - Garrett Groundhog - Tesoro Eldorado - Fisher 1265X - Goldmax Power Makro Racer. Homemade Harness!

Junior

Post by Junior » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:59 am

I've got a dues / 3030 and manage 99% of time to dig / Recover stuff with it still strapped to my arm. It's practice

tigtog

Post by tigtog » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:39 am

good luck, i cant take a shirt out the wardrobe without snapping hangers.
xp deus

garrett pointer (2nd one) now a makro pointer no falsing
roughneck shovel (4th one) now use a sniper spade
jeff digger

meadowman

Post by meadowman » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:10 pm

sweepstick47 wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:34 pm
Hello 'meadowman' ::g The principle is fine but I doubt it will prove very practical in the field as the weak link would appear to be the flimsy coat hangar. I 'm sure your MkII model will prove more effective.

I'm a great believer in going down the DIY route ::g it often offers a practical and convenient solution to a problem. Financial savings, if there are any, are secondary to the success of the project. :D All the best and Good Luck. Regards ss47
Thanks Sweepstick, haven't tried it in realtime yet, but as you suggest Mk2 is an option ::g

Return to “Tips & DIY”