Groundhog help required pls

Topics related to Garrett metal detectors here, off topic posts will be removed. Garrett Videos
Poobags

Groundhog help required pls

Post by Poobags » Thu May 18, 2017 9:03 am

Hi guys
I have a groundhog with a damaged battery tray, one of the 'pins' has snapped off in the block connector . I was wondering if anyone new anyone who may have spares for this, or is it possible to repair it?
I've call regtons and the don't have them ATM , possibly 2-3months for a restock.

Any help would be great.

Cheers
Poobags

beep-and-dig

Re: Groundhog help required pls

Post by beep-and-dig » Thu May 18, 2017 5:10 pm

23 pounds for a brand new tray, the only problem the seller is in the U S,and the shipping
costs will be expensive.

Les.

Poobags

Post by Poobags » Thu May 18, 2017 6:32 pm

Thanks beep n dig,
I've seen them on the internet, but at $110 p+p I just going to have to wait or try for a repair!
I've been eyeing up a ace 250 + pointer for £175 I may just get it as a stepping stone into the world of modern MD's

Regards
Poobags

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 » Thu May 18, 2017 9:44 pm

Nice to see someone still using the 'Groundhog' ::g The battery tray 'pins' were an ill-conceived design concept for a battery tray! I forget how many 'pins' there were but it was too many!

However, the 'slide' design of the tray and it's composition was extremely good ::g .......but it doesn't make up for the 'pins'!! I rated the Groundhog highly in it's day - 1978 but I was brought down to earth when I replaced it with my first VLF 'motion' detector(1989) this technology put the Groundhog well out of the picture.

I hope you get a reasonably priced spare ::g Regards ss47
A disservice is no service at all.

Return to “Garrett Forum”