2017 MDF Forum Dig - SPACES STILL LEFT!

Please post any metal detecting Events or Rallies here.
sweepstick47

Re: 2017 International MDF Forum Dig & ECMD Conference

Post by sweepstick47 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:13 pm

Jungle wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:11 pm
liamnolan wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:06 pm
Hi Phil, still chatting with farmers re the best places. I want the land to be all together if possible so that the camping area is adjacent and everywhere is walkable to and from. Will report back asap, should be soon, Liam ::g
Potential of site is more important than convenience. Having already driven 4 hours to get to Norwich happy to travel 30 minutes each dig day. Happy either way, can't wait!
Hello 'Jungle' I can't help feeling ('cos I'm old and more considerate than I perhaps once was) that there will be some amongst us, where the convenience of the site venues, will be more, or at least as important as the site's finds potential.

In my case, I have a dog and as they're not permitted on the detecting sites, I will be looking for a caravan site that a. allows dogs (on leads of course) and b. where there are suitable places for a nice dog walk, together with the odd watering hole cafe for coffee, cake and the all necessary sit-down and a 'chat' with local people. I'll have to have a rest now and it's time for another tablet! All the best and Good Luck ::g Regards ss47
Arado 130 - Garrett Groundhog - Tesoro Eldorado - Fisher 1265X - Goldmax Power Makro Racer. Homemade Harness!

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:24 pm

sweepstick47 wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:13 pm
Jungle wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:11 pm
liamnolan wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:06 pm
Hi Phil, still chatting with farmers re the best places. I want the land to be all together if possible so that the camping area is adjacent and everywhere is walkable to and from. Will report back asap, should be soon, Liam ::g
Potential of site is more important than convenience. Having already driven 4 hours to get to Norwich happy to travel 30 minutes each dig day. Happy either way, can't wait!
Hello 'Jungle' I can't help feeling ('cos I'm old and more considerate than I perhaps once was) that there will be some amongst us, where the convenience of the site venues, will be more, or at least as important as the site's finds potential.

In my case, My wife will be accompanying me and we'll also have our dog with us. As dogs are not permitted on the detecting sites, I will be looking for a caravan site that a. allows dogs (on leads of course) and b. where there are suitable places for a nice dog walk, together with the odd watering hole cafe for coffee, cake and the all necessary sit-down and a 'chat' with local people. So the finds potential, whilst very nice, is far from the most important consideration for us.

I'll have to have a rest now and it's time for another tablet! All the best and Good Luck ::g Regards ss47
Arado 130 - Garrett Groundhog - Tesoro Eldorado - Fisher 1265X - Goldmax Power Makro Racer. Homemade Harness!

Kaleb

Post by Kaleb » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:18 pm

Hi Liam,

Paypal payment made.

Kaleb.....£45 (Fri, Sat, Sun)

:D ::g

Kaleb

Post by Kaleb » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:13 pm

Hi,

Is there a rough area where the Dig will take place i.e. south of Norwich, North of, Cambs/Norfolk border etc?
Would be handy to know if accommodation is needed, all depending on location may be driveable each day.

Regards
Last edited by Kaleb on Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

broadsmaster

Post by broadsmaster » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:41 pm

Hi Liam paid for one day friday 22nd.

many thanks gordon
deeptech vista smart , minelab explorer se and
fisher goldbug

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:16 pm

Hi all, been VERY busy running around to visit farms and chat with all sorts of landowners, checking lots of fields and we have yet to choose the right ones, so bear with us for now. Norfolk is not a big place and I cannot imagine a drive of more than 20 mins from the centre of Norwich.
Below is the updated list, so let me know if you spot any mistakes. Names can only be added once that Paypal payment goes through.
Gary of XP - Very pleased to announce that Gary will be attending on the Friday and bring along a new Deus as a raffle prize. Many of you will already know Gary from the Deus Day and the XP Training Day here in Norfolk and so we will give him a warm welcome.
Some fields have been cropped at last and so good luck to you all out there, Liam

Friday 22nd September 2017
1. SS47
2. Machinist
3. Giz
4. Gingerjar
5. Rossi
6. Kopparberg
7. Statbloke
8. Phil2401
9. Laura & Dad
10. Edthemole
11. Czardog
12. Beaumont
13. Dan Brookfield
14. Mick Brookfield
15. Maria Thomas
16. John Putland
17. Wildcard Digger
18. Steve3
19. Eastern Promise
20. Ferrous1
21. Willdig & Jas
22. Silvershark & 1
23. Mike Turner
24. yellowjacket
25 - Fred
26 - jdub
27 - Mike greatbach
28 - Danzigman
29 - darkmark1967
30 - Jungle
31- James Gregg
32 - Laura Watts
33 - Barbara-Ellen
34 - Kaleb
35 - broadsmaster
36 - Paul Stargazer
37 - glenfiddich
38 - afletcher
39 - heymikey
40 - William 61
41 - Billy Doyle
42 - beaumont
43 - bazzerhut
Saturday 23rd September 2017
1. SS47
2. Machinist
3. Giz
4. Rossi
5. Kopparberg
6. Statbloke
7. Phil2401
8. Laura & Dad
9. Edthemole
10. Czaradog
11. Beaumont
12. Dan Brookfield
13. Mick Brookfield
14. Maria Thomas
15. John Putland
16. Oxgirl36
17. Wildcard Digger
18. Steve3
19. Eastern Promise
20. Willdig & Jas
21. Silvershark & 1
22. Mike Turner
23. yellowjacket
24. Fred
25 - jdub
26 - Mike greatbach
27 - Danzigman
28 - darkmark1967
29 - Jungle
30 - James Gregg
31 - Kaleb
32 - Paul Stargazer
33 - glenfiddich
34 - afletcher
35 - William 61
36 - Billy Doyle
37 - pifukas
38 - beaumont

Sunday 24th September 2017
1. SS47
2. Machinist
3. Giz
4. Gingerjar
5. Rossi
6. Kopparberg
7. Phil2401
8. Laura & Dad
9. Edthemole
10. Beaumont
11. Dan Brookfield
12. Mick Brookfield
13. Maria Thomas
14. John Putland
15. Oxgirl36
16. Willdig & Jas
17. Silvershark & 1
18. Mike Turner
19. yellowjacket
20. Fred
21. chemicaldog & Bongo67
22 - jdub
23 - Mike greatbach
24 - Danzigman
25 - darkmark1967
26 - Jungle
27 - James Gregg
28 - Kaleb
29 - Paul Stargazer
30 - glenfiddich
31 - afletcher
32 - heymikey
33 - Billy Doyle
34 - beaumont
Deus, WSi's - In the end we will regret the chances we didn't take, the relationships we were afraid to have and the decisions we waited too long to make .. Secretary Irish Metal Detecting Society IMDS

Phil2401

Post by Phil2401 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:45 pm

Many of us have been pestering Liam for some indication of the location(s) of the dig, in order to be able to arrange accommodation for the weekend. As I see it the location(s) can’t be disclosed because a) Liam doesn’t know for sure yet and b) it would be risky and rather daft anyway to disclose those locations well ahead of the event, for reasons which should be obvious.

Just looking at Google Maps, Norwich itself is within half an hour’s drive of virtually anywhere in Norfolk. Personally I want to camp, but I like my minimal luxuries and want a shower every day, so am looking at good quality camp sites anywhere around Norwich. It would be good if somebody can post a message to say they’ve actually booked at a particular camp site / hotel / B&B whatever, so maybe a group can be together in the same place?

I plan to book into an established campsite this weekend - unless you can guarantee ‘glamping’ facilities on site, Liam :)

Phil
Rutus Alter 71
Deus Lite
Garrett Pro Pointer

Oxgirl36

Post by Oxgirl36 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:14 pm

Liam brilliant news about Gary. Wish I was doing Friday now. Going to have to see if I can get an extra day off work I think s;..
XP Deus
4 silver hammered coins - and still searching for more :))
Not everything is as young as it looks ;)

Ten pence!

Post by Ten pence! » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:05 am

Phil2401 wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:45 pm
Many of us have been pestering Liam for some indication of the location(s) of the dig, in order to be able to arrange accommodation for the weekend. As I see it the location(s) can’t be disclosed because a) Liam doesn’t know for sure yet and b) it would be risky and rather daft anyway to disclose those locations well ahead of the event, for reasons which should be obvious.

Just looking at Google Maps, Norwich itself is within half an hour’s drive of virtually anywhere in Norfolk. Personally I want to camp, but I like my minimal luxuries and want a shower every day, so am looking at good quality camp sites anywhere around Norwich. It would be good if somebody can post a message to say they’ve actually booked at a particular camp site / hotel / B&B whatever, so maybe a group can be together in the same place?

I plan to book into an established campsite this weekend - unless you can guarantee ‘glamping’ facilities on site, Liam :)

Phil
I'm in Norfolk and live near a vary good campsite, namely the Breydon Water Holiday Park, (it virtually backs onto the imposing Roman fort) this is about a thirty minute drive away from Norwich, there are several other campsites very near to the village of Burgh castle, most will have vacancies in September as the kids will be back at school.

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:49 am

Oxgirl36 wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:14 pm
Liam brilliant news about Gary. Wish I was doing Friday now. Going to have to see if I can get an extra day off work I think s;..
He said "Looking forward to meeting up with that beautiful lady from down near Oxford" ::g
Laura from on here will be in charge of all the raffle prizes and she can usually get something from all manufacturers. Its not exactly a "Charity" event this year as we are trying to generate funds for the ECMD work but of course the ECMD, like the NCMD in the UK, is working very hard to protect our hobby on all fronts, so the money will be very wisely spent. The ECMD delegates are paying their own travel and accommodation etc and will not be reimbursed, so all of the money goes into the ECMD pot after we pay for all the usual expenses. As soon as I get a thumbs up for the right land I will post the general location on here. Cheers, Liam
Deus, WSi's - In the end we will regret the chances we didn't take, the relationships we were afraid to have and the decisions we waited too long to make .. Secretary Irish Metal Detecting Society IMDS

afletcher

Post by afletcher » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:17 pm

Hello Liam,
I have just paid for all 3 days,
thank you......

statbloke

Post by statbloke » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:40 pm

Hotel booked. Went for Best Western Annersley which had a very competitive single room rate and loads of parking.

Looking forward to a couple of days detecting on some top notch arable ::g
Tall bloke with AT Pro, Nokta Fors Gold plus & Pro-Pointer

heymikey

Post by heymikey » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:19 pm

Hi Liam, I have just paid for Friday and Sunday. I am a newbie and live just east of Norwich and would like to offer transport where needed. I have an SUV.
Thank you

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:57 pm

Thanks very much for that offer, very kind of you and I think you will come in handy!
I will put your name down for those days, email me on liam@ukrsa.com if you can as I am sorting out an event team of club members from my club Norfolk Heritage Recovery Group and perhaps you may wish to consider popping along to one of our club meetings and meet everyone.
All the best, Liam OooO

stejens

Post by stejens » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:37 pm

I'll have to put my name down for all days, will be nice meeting up with many of you again, ::g
Xp Deus
Garrett Carrot
Roughneck Micro Shovel / Evolution Dagger
Best finds: Henry VI Annulet Issue Calais Halfgroat & medieval seal matrix

Steve B-)

For my youtube detecting videos please go here:
https://www.youtube.com/user/stejens1

William 61

Post by William 61 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:19 am

Morning Liam,

Just made a Paypal payment for 2 days, Friday and Saturday.

Many Thanks!
::g

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:26 pm

Thanks William, have added you onto the list. I am up to my neck in checking out the land, had several probabilities that then collapsed as the shooting season is in conflict and that means big money for the farmers. I am off out yet again this afternoon to chat with some others. The land is there and I just have to clinch the deal. The commercial groups such as LGD, Metal Detctives etc have queered the pitch big time by offering heavy cash to farmers for their events, so I have to compete against all that.
Just in case there are any forum members from Norfolk reading this, contact me asap if you would like your farmer to be given quite a lot of cash for his land! Chat later, Liam OooO

Phil2401

Post by Phil2401 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:16 pm

Liam - your post suggests that the farmers will go with whoever offers them the most money. That may well be so, in these difficult economic times and their need to diversify, but I for one would be happy to pay a bit more than the going 'commercial' rate (within reason) to make sure that this worthwhile event succeeds. Just wondering if others agree.
Rutus Alter 71
Deus Lite
Garrett Pro Pointer

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:00 pm

Hi Phil, thats a very kind suggestion but lets work with what has been arranged. I spent two hours on the phone with landowners and others today, the dates are close to the shooting season and they don't want the bird cover disturbed. We will have the land though, plenty of it in Norfolk =)) but have to nail down a few farmers to commit to the dates etc. I could get land tomorrow but I want the RIGHT land. Looking forward to meeting up with you and others!!! Liam OooO

Oxgirl36

Post by Oxgirl36 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:16 pm

As Liam said he has lots of land he could use for the dig already but wants to make this event special so wants the right land.
All of us that are signed up to attend know we have nothing to worry about. If you haven't put your name down you'd best get on with it as I suspect there may be some who just leave it too late :D
XP Deus
4 silver hammered coins - and still searching for more :))
Not everything is as young as it looks ;)

Return to “Rallies”