Under starter's orders

Please post any metal detecting Events or Rallies here.
Westcoastdetector

Under starter's orders

Post by Westcoastdetector » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:07 am

Hi folks. Been a while since I was on here. After 7 years of wandering around the fields of west Cumbria, I decided to relocate to Birmingham ( work commitments etc..).
I've been lucky enough to find a very friendly local club, and yesterday I met up with some of them to explore a few Worcestershire fields. A few things amused me though. At the start of the rally quite a few members were literally galloping onto the fields....it was more like a gold rush in the Klondyke ! The other thing i noticed was that more than half of the members had gone home after just an hour or two. A few hammereds were found, and I managed to find a nice old musket ball.
Just curious about other Forum member's experiences at club rallies ? [:)

littlehove

Re: Under starter's orders

Post by littlehove » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:18 am

I've heard of the situation where some people gallop onto a field at the beginning of a rally but having never been to one, I haven't witnessed it first-hand. I can only assume that they maybe did a bit of research and are determined to get onto what they believe will be the best patch before anyone else. As for giving up after only an hour or two I can only assume that the field wasn't coming up to their expectations or aspirations although we all (should) know that two hours of detecting does not an archeologist or rich man make :D

Easylife

Re: Under starter's orders

Post by Easylife » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:49 am

Ah, the race to find things before everyone else! Each to their own technique whether a tortoise or hare. It is amusing to watch though. :))
Nox 800, 15" coil & Garrett carrot.
White's TDI SL

Return to “Rallies Forum”