No digs / rallies??

Please post any metal detecting Events or Rallies here.
Saffron

No digs / rallies??

Post by Saffron » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:45 pm

Is there a lack of digs / rallies recently?.

Or has everbody suddenly become shy?.

Do not know about others but I would like to get out and shake of the winter blues. So if anybody knows of any open digs please do post the details - especially if for a charity.

Evan

CTX_Phil

Re: No digs / rallies??

Post by CTX_Phil » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:54 pm

Three I know of this weekend; Sat MWS Wiltshire, Sun Metal Detectives Oxfordshire and Let's Go Detecting Gloucestershire. None are for charity but not many are these days.

Saffron

Post by Saffron » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:21 pm

CTX_Phil wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:54 pm
Three I know of this weekend; Sat MWS Wiltshire, Sun Metal Detectives Oxfordshire and Let's Go Detecting Gloucestershire. None are for charity but not many are these days.
Many thanks Phil.

MWS is a group I know nothing about, only previously heard of them due to passing a big weekender they had on the way to the Anton Rally and wondering who they were, doing mid week and Saturdays suits me better than Sundays so will follow that up dig.
As the north of their area is well within range will certainly follow up with this group even if I do not do this one. ::g

Could find nothing about "Sun Metal Detectives". Single brain cell then kicked in rl; rl; rl; rl; rl; rl;

I will look at the Let's Go Detecting one as if the same location as few they have done recently (and have a lot more land available) its only about 15 miles from me (I did not realise they had one this weekend).
But feedback from those that have attended so far is that finds have been limited, but "in theory" area could be good so maybe its just waiting for some of the other fields.

Evan

CTX_Phil

Post by CTX_Phil » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:53 pm

Make sure you look up the group "Let's Go Detecting" and not "Let's Go Digging", run by the same person but different groups ::g

I'm giving the MWS dig a go on Saturday and doing the Let's Go Detecting one on the Sunday so making a weekend of it and hopefully making the long trip worthwhile.

Junior

Post by Junior » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:55 am

Woz hoping for a mid ór late week CS rally this week or next ....but it is chrimbo ...

Return to “Rallies Forum”