What rally would you recommend as a need to experience event for 2018???

Please post any metal detecting Events or Rallies here.
De Landjutter

What rally would you recommend as a need to experience event for 2018???

Post by De Landjutter » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:18 pm

Hello everybody,

Im John from Holland.... just introduced myself in the allocated topic.

I have a question for jou guys. Me and some mates have the intention in participating in a rally in the UK in 2018. Since its a costly endeavor we'd like to ask you guys what rally jou would reccommend to us and for what reasons. 😊😊

We prefer a weekender.... anything between 3-5 days has our interest. 😊

Thanks in advance to all that comment on this topic. Its greatly appreciated.

Grtz, John. 👊

Oxgirl36

Re: Wat rally would you recommend as a need to experience event for 2018???

Post by Oxgirl36 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:33 am

John

Welcome to the forum. I’m not a rally person really but I believe the big rally’s like Detectival are very sociable and offer lots of land. It depends though on what you are after. If you just want to detect then the big rallies offer great food choice and lots of other people to chat to but you are looking at hundreds and hundreds of others there too.
If you want something smaller this forum does a weekend dig that is very friendly and very well run. There are also professional organisers like Let’s Go Digging (LGD) do some weekend events too. Both offer 3 days but much reduced catering facilities compared to the big rallies. Much greater chance of getting to know your fellow detectorists though and friendships made etc.

There are load more options. These include the Rotary Club dig around march/ April which gets great reports....
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=90784

The only weekend event I’ve actually been to is this forums one which I really enjoyed and could highly recommend. It’s in September. If I wanted one earlier in the year i’d Go for the Rotary Club spring dig as per the link above.

Hope that helps ::g
Catherine
XP Deus
6 silver hammered coins (1 in 2016; 5 in 2017) - and still searching for more :))
Not everything is as young as it looks ;)

fred

Re: Wat rally would you recommend as a need to experience event for 2018???

Post by fred » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:53 pm

The Medway History Hunters annual rally in Kent in September is usually a classic. Tickets tend to sell out quite quickly once the rally is announced. ::g

Saffron

Re: What rally would you recommend as a need to experience event for 2018???

Post by Saffron » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:52 pm

What a good question !!!.

I would say what are your priorities?. Is it a group of chaps looking for only a few days detecting in the UK, or are "other halves" coming or any of you interested in the local area?. Also do you have a preference for time of year?.

Oxgirl has given some great options. But I am not aware of any event that is more than 3 days (Fri / Sat / Sun) and a lot are just the 2 days.

I liked the forum dig as it was a great chance to meet members of the forum face to face. This years also was organised to tie in with the ECMD (European Council for Metal Detecting) conference so a good mixture from the rest of Europe as well (but I do not know if this was a one off or not).

The Rotary Club dig is fairly small but friendly and for a good cause and one I enjoyed.

Detectival is "The big one", but not to everybodies taste. But it gives lots of land and masses of detectorists to meet. Lots of catering and entertainment in the evening.

LGD do several weekenders during the year, I have done several one day events with them but not a weekender so can not really comment. But as they do several there is better chance that one will be in an area that interests you or where the timing is good for you. Catering and sometimes limited entertainment.

No idea about the Medway History Hunters annual rally in Kent in September but if it sells out quickly that says a lot for it.

But if "other halves" are coming and want to see one specific area there is a fair chance that seperate Saturday and Sunday digs could be found in the area.

I am always happy to try new events so would be interested in others views.

Evan

Return to “Rallies”