Lincolnshire Heritage Recovery Group - Market Rasen

Post all your metal detecting clubs related topics here.
UK Metal Detecting Clubs List here -> Metal Detecting Clubs
liamnolan
Location: Hemswell, Lincolnshire. originally from Dublin, southern Ireland

Lincolnshire Heritage Recovery Group - Market Rasen

Post by liamnolan » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:27 pm

There did not seem to be enough apptetite for forming a new club near Hemswell back in July 2018 and I ended up joining the excellent LHSS club that meets monthly down in the Tyrwhitt Arms pub near Friskney. Despite the excellence of the club, for some people its a bit of a trip from the upper reaches of the county and I have been asked again to look at whether we could form a small club north of Lincoln. Many detectorists are members of several clubs, each club providing the members with something different.
Whilst in the middle of organising the second "Newbies & Others" event in Tealby - viewtopic.php?f=35&t=115937 I learned that there used to be a good club in Middle Rasen, that closed some years ago.
I do not know much about how it ran but it seems to have had a good membership ::g
If there are any ex Lincolnshire Relic Hunters, or ANYONE interested in forming another club called Lincolnshire Heritage Recovery Group, could they send me a message or post on here? I don't even know where that club met up or even if they had club meetings :-/
Lincolnshire is a BIG County and I am sure there will be plenty of detectorists around who might like to join an informal, friendly and active club.
I started the NHRG - Norfolk Heritage & Recovery Group - down in Norfolk, a club that has thrived enormously. There is no reason why our Lincolnshire version could not be as successful. ::g
A good club is only as good as its members. So I am hoping that we can gather some good people together, meet up for a pint and a natter and see if we can form the new club, right in the heart of beautiful Lincolnshire. All ages, all abilities, links to museums, archaeologists, schools, club digs, anything thats related to recovering our buried heritage and unlocking more history.
Over to you! Liam :;@

Deus, WSi's - In the end we will regret the chances we didn't take, the relationships we were afraid to have and decisions we waited too long to make .. Spokesperson Irish Metal Detecting Society IMDS Vice President European Council for Metal Detecting

Wardie94

Re: Lincolnshire ... New Club in Market Rasen area?

Post by Wardie94 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:54 pm

You have my support and various land to start yourself of with Liam 👌
100+ Georgian penny’s
26 hammered coins
2 milled
1 roman
Nox 800
At pro + gold
Ace 200i
Market rasen based

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:00 pm

Thanks Ash, have been doing all the scribbling and you have been working like a slave behind the scenes to actually put everything together all this past week with the Newbies Day.
How does Vice-President Ashley sound? If we can get four willing people around a table over a pint and manage to get out for a few hours detecting then we will form the club! Liam OooO '
Deus, WSi's - In the end we will regret the chances we didn't take, the relationships we were afraid to have and decisions we waited too long to make .. Spokesperson Irish Metal Detecting Society IMDS Vice President European Council for Metal Detecting

Wardie94

Post by Wardie94 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:02 pm

Well there’s me, Richard and a chap from east barkworth so there’s 3 plus yourself 4 👍
100+ Georgian penny’s
26 hammered coins
2 milled
1 roman
Nox 800
At pro + gold
Ace 200i
Market rasen based

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:07 pm

Having seen some of that land, I may need to have a chat with my Vice-President and limit the membership to just 5 people =)) 8=ypr Liam

Elbasstardo

Post by Elbasstardo » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:07 pm

Count me in!
Garrett ace 250
Garrett propointer AT

Wardie94

Post by Wardie94 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:10 pm

Elbasstardo wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:07 pm
Count me in!
That’s Stuart, liamnolan grave digger award winner from east barkworth 👀
100+ Georgian penny’s
26 hammered coins
2 milled
1 roman
Nox 800
At pro + gold
Ace 200i
Market rasen based

Elbasstardo

Post by Elbasstardo » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:12 pm

Well I don't like to brag... ⚰ 🏆
Garrett ace 250
Garrett propointer AT

Mega B

Post by Mega B » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:28 pm

Must admit i am very interested in joining the new club,so a possible yes from me ::g
Nexus MP,Nexus SE,TDI Pro,Fisher TW-5 twin box,Equinox,Deus.

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:33 pm

Cheers Rick ::g Liam

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:21 pm

With the upcoming Newbies Day looming on 2nd Feb and all the work that needs doing in advance, we will need to focus more on that for now. viewtopic.php?f=35&t=115937 We will contact people properly that. If you would like to take part in that event then you would be welcome and we can chat about the new club as well.
Ideally we want to create a small group of friendly local detectorists who are willing to support a CLUB and not just have land provided. Everyone or anyone may be asked to help out in some way. There are plenty of FB groups providing land and "pay to detect" and so if its just land you want then the FB option will be best. We would rather have 10 good CLUB members than 50 individuals. ::g
Hope that does not sound unfriendly. Setting up a club, getting premises, arranging events, sorting memberships, bank account, club rules, networking with museums etc involve time and effort. We would be one more club in Lincolnshire and support other clubs where we can.
Liam :;@

Bradrick

Post by Bradrick » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:28 pm

The absolute best of luck Liam... I shall be keeping an eye on this one. ::g
Equinox 800
Garrett Ace 400i
C-Scope 1220b

“My life has been full of terrible misfortunes most of which never happened.”

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:37 pm

Hi all, the formation of the new Lincolnshire Heritage Recovery Group is going ahead in Market Rasen, we now have enough sensible applicants to make a start. I will lock this topic off for now and ask anyone interested in joining the club to contact me via PM on here or email me on [email protected].
We want people willing to help the club activities and not expect everything to be provided. There will be people already with permissions and those without, perhaps new to detecting.
A good club is not just about running Club Digs, we will be linked up with many organisations that will mean the members having some work to do. sw;
All the best, Liam :;@

Return to “Clubs Forum”