hi from Scotland *whitburn*

This is not compulsory but if you would like to tell us a little about yourself then post here.
niks

hi from Scotland *whitburn*

Post by niks » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:04 pm

hello guys I'm nick from west Lothian whitburn . recently found myself with alot of spare time since Somone crashing into me . just looking for any advice. I've just took some stick for my intrest in this as I'm 28. free anytime if anyone local and also any advice on what I need to what detector to buy would be appreciated.

Rayc

Re: hi from Scotland *whitburn*

Post by Rayc » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:45 pm

Hi Nick, depends on how 'crashed up' you are. I have always been a Minelab man, upgrading from a 505 to a Safari. They are heavy. A serious motorcycle accident mid 2017 (broken femur) left me out of action for 6 months but am now using the Safari for 4+ hours. How is your balance? I went over to wireless headphones to stop tripping over; If you are a beginner you probably need an 'out of the box' machine; something you can use on standard settings. Budget is also an issue.
All the best
Ray

Rayc

Post by Rayc » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:46 pm

Hi Nick, depends on how 'crashed up' you are. I have always been a Minelab man, upgrading from a 505 to a Safari. They are heavy. A serious motorcycle accident mid 2017 (broken femur) left me out of action for 6 months but am now using the Safari for 4+ hours. How is your balance? I went over to wireless headphones to stop tripping over; If you are a beginner you probably need an 'out of the box' machine; something you can use on standard settings. Budget is also an issue.
All the best
Ray

niks

Post by niks » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:51 pm

ill have a look tonight . away for the weekend . I might have just acquired one of my girlfriend's dad .I am honestly fine now ,but on the budget front I'm not the best at the moment . doctors won't let me go back to find work but I want to .also waiting on my licence to come back .so suck between a rock and a hard place but too much free time .

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:17 pm

The important thing to keep in mind, is don't rush things before you really are fit enough to walk without having any concerns. Until then, you can do a shed full of 'armchair detecting' it all counts towards the 'learning curve'.

This is a great time to enjoy reading through all of the sub-forums in the blue panel to the left of this page and check out the many detecting related video's on the 'tube'.

There are no 'silly'questions and most of them have been answered before.
All the best and enjoy - ::g Regards ss47
A disservice is no service at all.

FUBAR

Post by FUBAR » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:56 am

Hi and welcome to this great Forum. Good advice from Sweepstake. Greetings from East Riding.

Craigmiller

Post by Craigmiller » Sat May 18, 2019 7:31 am

Hi,
I also detect in West Lothian I used to detect every chance I got years ago now coming back to the hobby it's a great pastime hope you have good finds .

Return to “Introduce yourself here Forum”