spaceman finds a musket ball

This is not compulsory but if you would like to tell us a little about yourself then post here.
spaceman

spaceman finds a musket ball

Post by spaceman » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:58 pm

Hi,Im new to metal detecting and my first find was a 1907 penny farthing the 2nd more exciting find was a musket ball in edgehill woods warwickshire.shame its full of barbwire and crap!!!Ive just found the end of an axehead very rusty not sure how old it could be??some long nails with very square head on top and seem almost hollow??old??very rusty!!!great to have a site on here like this,any tips on finding new sites and good places would be greatly appreciated,gonna hit bournemouth beach tomorrow if weather permits :)

mrix
Founder

Re: spaceman finds a musket ball

Post by mrix » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:46 pm

Hello and welcome spaceman, I am pretty new coming back into metal detecting myself.
Thanks for posting a little about your finds :) hopefully as the months go on we may see some more :)
any tips on finding new sites and good places would be greatly appreciated,gonna hit
Yea would be nice a few new sites :)

cheers
mrix

mining misfortune

Re: spaceman finds a musket ball

Post by mining misfortune » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:26 pm

Studland beach is good. In 1995 I found £11.50 in half an hour standing in the ice cream queue near the National Trust shop. No-one from the National Trust bothered me cos I was 13 and had only a toy detector.

Return to “Introduce yourself here Forum”