Hi Folks.....

This is not compulsory but if you would like to tell us a little about yourself then post here.
Big Stu

Hi Folks.....

Post by Big Stu » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:07 pm

Just another newbie here saying Hi....

I have recently purchased my 1st 'starter' detector (if you don't count a couple of Viking 1/Micronta toys i've had).
My budget for a starter machine was £100, so I researched a little, read lots of reviews, field tests and a few YouTube video's, and eventually narrowed it down to the Garrett 250 and the White's Prism II, eventually i opted for the White's as it seems to be more 'user friendly', has slightly more depth (according to reviews), AND was actually £50 cheaper than the Garrett, which meant i could also buy a few accessories, like; books, headphones coil cover etc, and still have enough from the budget for a pint!
:)

So that's me,..... I've scoured for a club in my area (North Devon) but with no joy, it seems that South Devon is my nearest, which alas is much too far to travel each week/month. - If any of you knowledgable lot know of a club in my area that i may have overlooked, then please feel free to put me straight.

Any tips, suggestions and info much appreciated.

Cheers,
Stu.

mrix
Founder

Re: Hi Folks.....

Post by mrix » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:32 pm

Hello and welcome Big Stu :)
To be totally honest I have come back to this hobby after around 6 years and its all become a bit new to me also :-/
Clubs do sound to be like a good option, as they do get land and permissions to actually use your detector.
To metal detect anywhere seems difficult.
Look forward to hearing how you get along.
cheers
mrix

anne

Post by anne » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:15 pm

Hi Stu, welcome
If in doubt,Dig it out.

XP DEUS LITE

Big Stu

Post by Big Stu » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:27 pm

Thanks for the welcome all.

It seems that i haven't chose the best time of year to buy a detector, as the ground is either a bog or rock hard. :( Thankfully i live literally a mile from several good beaches, so that's where i'll be heading over the winter.

Any beach tips, ie: what to expect, what discrimination i shoud use etc, would be great.

Cheers,
Stu.

mikey b

Post by mikey b » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:07 pm

hi mate hows it hangin :)

Return to “Introduce yourself here Forum”