Considering what to buy

This is not compulsory but if you would like to tell us a little about yourself then post here.
sgoody1

Considering what to buy

Post by sgoody1 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:26 am

Hi all,

I am new to this world of detecting.
I have considered it for years, and finally decided to take the plunge, particularly as I have a little more time on my hands.

So I need to start with a detector, and have tried reading a few reviews, but the choice is so varied, I dont know where to begin. There are so many makes and models - I am actually quite surprised at the variety, which I guess is both a good and bad thing!!

Good advice appears to be to get a recent model, where the latest technology will better help filter out unwanted items?
But for a novice, it is not clear which machines incorporate the latest tech, and which don't.

I am planning on mainly (probably 90% of the time) detecting in wooded locations that I can get permission to search on, but at some point, may also try a beach, or riverbank etc.
Ideally I want something that is not too heavy, easy to use, comfortable and ergonomic,has good built in speakers (I won't always want to use headphones).

I am about 5 ft 10", but I am sure my kids would want to try too, so ideally extendable (but that is lower priority).

And ideally one that can best filter out rubbish.

One site did strongly recommend the Garrett Ace 400i, but event Garrett have a number of machines at similar price points, and would a 250 do much the same job? And the machine is a bit yellow (not a major issue)!

Or the Terra X 705 - but as a first purchase, is that going over the top?
On the one hand I dont want to buy what is basically a toy, but equally at this stage I dont need something over-engineered for my needs, and more expensive than I need to pay, but if it was felt worthwhile, I would pay a bit more rather than get something that really isn't that great.

Or is a better route to go much cheaper eg a 2nd hand Garrett ACE 150, see how I get on with it, and then upgrade, or is that a waste of time?

So this is my first post of what I hope will be many as I get more involved in my possible new hobby - any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

sgoody1

sweepstick47

Re: Considering what to buy

Post by sweepstick47 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:55 am

Hello sgoody1 ::g Welcome aboard the forums. Thanks for providing a detailed account of your concerns regarding which detector would suit your requirements. Here's a link which may prove useful:- which Detector

The s/h route provides an excellent and affordable entry into the hobby and is one I would personally recommend considering, though the model 'up' from the 150 is a more popular choice of 'starter machine' so would probably be the better option. Whichever models you are considering, take a look through the appropriate forums over there l;/ where you'll find a wealth of information on the various models.

Good Luck and enjoy your time with us here on the MDF ::g Regards ss47
A disservice is no service at all.

Junior

Post by Junior » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:08 am

S/h dues lite ....it'll save u money in the long run ....when u get the bug as my mate says " buy cheap buy twice" multi freq, light, wireless, up dateable, can b a turn on and go or as complicated as u want, multitude of coils etc etc , I'm 6ft 2 and the dues is ok for me , if u buy something different it'll prob b the detector u end up with..... the old xr3i of the detector world.....or buy a Garrett 250 loads have been found by them and still getting found by them.... I think I'd get annoyed with the chimming of the g when you get a target though .... other s are avaible....it's up to u ..... good luck on the journey ::g

Bors

Post by Bors » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:41 am

These have to be the most typical Dilemmas people new to Metal detecting have to consider.
Of course ,there's no easy answers to the overall dilemma.
This though is easy to answer to this particular question..... Quote,......" But for a novice, it is not clear which machines incorporate the latest tech, and which don't."

If you go into WH Smiths and buy a magazine on Metal detecting called either, " Treasure Hunting " or, "The Searcher" , you will see all the latest detectors going in the Big Ad` pages by various Metal detecting companies, and detector Shops . They all will have pretty much latest technologies on board the latest detectors being advertised new.

I`m not going to even try and suggest any particular brand to buy because it would take too long to explain the various styles and pluses and minuses of each one.
Another problem is ,that most Big name Detector shops ,usually will push a particular brand or two, that they have a vested interest in promoting, which is in my book unfair to any prospective buyer of a metal detector but that`s the way the business goes unfortunately and there`s no getting away from it.
All I will suggest is ,look at the suggestions you'll probably get on this Forum and write about say 10 different models down ,and as you learn more about each one say by looking on the internet on each ones spec,see which is looking the better bet to you and do a process of elimination down and down ,till you end up with your considered choice at the no 1 spot.

littleboot

Post by littleboot » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:59 am

Ok.....a few things to ponder, based on your comments. Aside from the obvious things you have to weigh up (literally too because some machines are heavier than others and over several hours that can make a difference to how long it is enjoyable) such as how much you want to spend and how much time you want to spend mastering it.

First off...you speak of the latest technology better filtering out unwanted signals. The reality is that despite claims to the contrary in sales literature, the latest tech doesn't do that without your co-operation. (Same as the old tech, really) It may give you some kind of suggestion but often it is quite a way off. Because Iron with a hole in it, or a horseshoe for example, can give a 'good' signal and trick a machine. Also foil, ring-pulls and other aluminium waste, shotties and bullets and a whole raft of other things give signals that coincide with those for valuables like hammered coins and finger rings. There is no magic formula or technology that will cut out digging rubbish.

I suppose the answer to your question is that any medium-priced bona-fide detector from a proper stable...as listed in the left sidebar of this forum....will be a suitable machine to start with. The key to the success won't be how up-to-the-minute the technology is (people have been successfully finding good stuff with detectors for more than 40 years) but how well your learn to use it.
Like cars for example. When you buy and drive a car there are trade-offs. Either you go for fuel economy or you go for speed, comfort or sportiness, etc etc. And that isn't simply down to the model of car but also to the way you drive it. Same with a detector...using more 'discrimination' to eliminate Iron will affect depth and also eliminate some good things. Setting it up so it recovers faster (recovery speed) from a bad iron target and will register nearby good targets without them being masked will reduce depth. Deep settings come at the cost of less clear signals and less elimination of iron. These trade-offs are at the heart of detecting and all detector technology is a variant of those controls and a few more. The key to success is to find a setting that best suits the conditions you are detecting on at any given time. New technology can help you do that...pre-set progs for beach or pasture or whatever. But its not an exact science.
So a mid range Garrett or a Makro will be perfectly suitable to give you a start and will teach you how a detector actually functions in the field. And you will learn that the most important thing is to get to know the machine thoroughly and what it is telling you. Because whether by a graph or a number or sound or combination of all three...its how you understand and interpret that information that leads to you digging more treasure and less trash.
Equinox 600, GMP, wellies.

Koala

Post by Koala » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:04 pm

Woods, beach, rivers

none of the machines mentioned in your original post will be very good on the wet sand here in the north west

Woods and rivers usually require a small coil to get between obstructions. No motion detect would be useful as swinging can be difficult

Racer maybe ?

littleboot

Post by littleboot » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:19 pm

Koala wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:04 pm
Woods, beach, rivers

none of the machines mentioned in your original post will be very good on the wet sand here in the north west

Woods and rivers usually require a small coil to get between obstructions. No motion detect would be useful as swinging can be difficult

Racer maybe ?

I tend to think the O/P listed those locations feeling they would be easy or easier places to get permission,(which in the case of rivers and woods is often not the case) rather than because he has a deep-seated desire to detect those locations instead of open fields. I agree that a Racer would be an excellent all-rounder.

sgoody1

Post by sgoody1 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:19 pm

sweepstick47 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:55 am
Hello sgoody1 ::g Welcome aboard the forums. Thanks for providing a detailed account of your concerns regarding which detector would suit your requirements. Here's a link which may prove useful:- which Detector

The s/h route provides an excellent and affordable entry into the hobby and is one I would personally recommend considering, though the model 'up' from the 150 is a more popular choice of 'starter machine' so would probably be the better option. Whichever models you are considering, take a look through the appropriate forums over there l;/ where you'll find a wealth of information on the various models.

Good Luck and enjoy your time with us here on the MDF ::g Regards ss47
Thank you ss47.

I did actually read the Which Detector post first before listing my question, and while it is a good guide, it doesnt suggest different models for different requirements / scenarios.

When you say the "Model up from the 150" are you suggesting the 250 - or going to the 400i?

To me it ,looks like the benefit of the Garrett 250 is there are a lot more available 2nd hand on eBay etc - but I did get the feeling from reading other reviews, that it is very much a real beginner model, or even for kids. Do you think thats true?

I will check on the forums, as I am beginning to feel drawn to the Garrett, just as it seems to be the most mentioned brand, and looks like it has good support etc.

As I said, if the thought is spend a little more - I can afford to go a bit up the scale, but dont want to spend more than I need at this stage. There is a suggestion on another reply below that it is better to buy cheap twice in this field - at least I think that means get a cheap one, and when you upgrade still buy another cheap one, but a bit better than the last? I do tend to buy things that are too good for my needs, and then they sit idle in a cupboardasomewhere, although I get the feeling if I found this hobby really isnt for me, or have to give it up for other reasons (eg health), there is a strong second hand market.

Anyway, thank you for your kind reply,

Regards

sgoody1

sgoody1

Post by sgoody1 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:28 pm

littleboot wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:59 am
Ok.....a few things to ponder, based on your comments. Aside from the obvious things you have to weigh up (literally too because some machines are heavier than others and over several hours that can make a difference to how long it is enjoyable) such as how much you want to spend and how much time you want to spend mastering it.

First off...you speak of the latest technology better filtering out unwanted signals. The reality is that despite claims to the contrary in sales literature, the latest tech doesn't do that without your co-operation. (Same as the old tech, really) It may give you some kind of suggestion but often it is quite a way off. Because Iron with a hole in it, or a horseshoe for example, can give a 'good' signal and trick a machine. Also foil, ring-pulls and other aluminium waste, shotties and bullets and a whole raft of other things give signals that coincide with those for valuables like hammered coins and finger rings. There is no magic formula or technology that will cut out digging rubbish.

I suppose the answer to your question is that any medium-priced bona-fide detector from a proper stable...as listed in the left sidebar of this forum....will be a suitable machine to start with. The key to the success won't be how up-to-the-minute the technology is (people have been successfully finding good stuff with detectors for more than 40 years) but how well your learn to use it.
Like cars for example. When you buy and drive a car there are trade-offs. Either you go for fuel economy or you go for speed, comfort or sportiness, etc etc. And that isn't simply down to the model of car but also to the way you drive it. Same with a detector...using more 'discrimination' to eliminate Iron will affect depth and also eliminate some good things. Setting it up so it recovers faster (recovery speed) from a bad iron target and will register nearby good targets without them being masked will reduce depth. Deep settings come at the cost of less clear signals and less elimination of iron. These trade-offs are at the heart of detecting and all detector technology is a variant of those controls and a few more. The key to success is to find a setting that best suits the conditions you are detecting on at any given time. New technology can help you do that...pre-set progs for beach or pasture or whatever. But its not an exact science.
So a mid range Garrett or a Makro will be perfectly suitable to give you a start and will teach you how a detector actually functions in the field. And you will learn that the most important thing is to get to know the machine thoroughly and what it is telling you. Because whether by a graph or a number or sound or combination of all three...its how you understand and interpret that information that leads to you digging more treasure and less trash.
Thank you for your really comprehensive reply.

So it sounds like the new tech is more of a marketing ploy.

If thats the case, might it be worth going for an older, more treasured (pun) detector?

In terms of where I will go, its more likely to be in my vicinity, rather than any beaches etc - I just threw that in there so that if I did ever go to a beach, I know my machine wont get corroded or whatever, and can handle that environment, without necessarily being the best for a beach. For instance I was at Milford on Sea recently, and did see a detectorist (is that the right term) detecting on the beach, so would just want the opportunity to try that when the scenario presents itself.

Thanks again for all your help, and others on the forum, and any other advice is much welcomed.

littleboot

Post by littleboot » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:57 pm

So it sounds like the new tech is more of a marketing ploy.
Well, that is a bit of a stretch from what I said....of course All new products are going to be talked up. Some of it is a bit of bull, but some of it isn't. Its just the same as golf clubs....of course the latest graphite whatsit can hit the ball further and that is a good thing- when in the hands of, say, Tiger Woods. It isn't going to be much advantage if you always spanner it into the rough though, is it?

Its obvious that you are pretty in the dark about metal detecting, detectors and detectorists. :D Therefore it will be prudent to have a really good look around this site and get a flavour for the whole thing first, before you shell out any money. (There are an awful lot of detectors out there in cupboards under the stairs and in garages and lofts.) The answers are all here on the forum so have a peruse. It all depends on budget. Some machines can handle water, and especially salt water, better than others. Most are OK on dry sand but many struggle (even some expensive ones) on wet sand. (It's not about 'corrosion' its about the way they react signal-wise ;)
Do some homework and that means not just reading manufacturers or advertisers blurb but reading reviews, looking at the dedicated forum to the machine you are interested in on here and seeing what people are saying and looking at Youtube videos of people actually using them.
Good luck.

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:37 pm

but I did get the feeling from reading other reviews, that it is very much a real beginner model, or even for kids. Do you think thats true?

Sorry for the delay in responding._No, none of the Garrett range are 'kids detectors' - that is a fact!

As littleboot has intimated the Makro Racer would be eminently suitable for your inland or beach searching (including wet sand) as there is a Beach setting option and as I own this model as a 'back-up' machine, I can personally vouch for it's effective performance on wet sand. In my opinion, it would be a wise decision to Include the Makro 'Red Racer' in your list of possible s/h purchases as they are very competitively priced in the s/h market.

My further advice would be to avoid buying without seeing the machine working correctly which rules out 'on-line' auction sites. Better to buy from a reputable dealer where you will be given some form of guarantee and may be given the opportunity of a 'trade-in' deal should you later consider upgrading. Good Luck ::g Regards ss47

jcmaloney

Post by jcmaloney » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:38 pm

You mentioned a couple of times about "filtering out rubbish". Well, another reality check coming, 96% of what we dig can be deemed as "rubbish".
The machines detect metal, experience will help you learn what is likely to be "rubbish" but the majority of positive signals will be UMO`s (unidentifiable metal objects).
::g
Opinions expressed on MY posts are mine and NOT those of any democratic organisation I volunteer for. ::g

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:44 pm

u;@ JC Maloney is correct, however it comes as no surprise to me that some of the most 'unidentifiable finds' presented on this forum have on so many occasions, been successfully identified - we have the expertise (alas not me) but just saying :D

przemo1302

Post by przemo1302 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:13 pm

Maybe I will help you a little:

I am detecting with my wife, I have X-terra 705, she is using Garrett Ace 250 with Nel Hunter coil.

Firstly we are not detecting long time, so we are not very experienced but I can share with you my observations.

I couldn't decide also what to buy. I was thinking about Garrett 400i and X-terra 705. You have to pay for new X-terra around £140 more. I was considering that but my wife once asked my what is better in my opinion and I said that If I would have now £500 I would buy X-terra, so she made for me suprise and bought X-terra as a christmas gift for us and as far as I know she paid £378. Yes that is my girl!!! I can let you know how she done it on priv.

Then when we found place to detect, I started thinking about pinpointer and I have found second hand set (used once - 1 month old) Ace 250 with Garrett propointer AT. Wife said take it I will have also detector - as we have been using few times before ace 250 she knew how to use it.

We have been few times on a beach and X-terra with beach mode has been doing good on wet and dry sand(tracking on, sensitivity max 20), Garrett was good on dry sand but on a wet we manage to detect without false signals with only 2 sensitivity bars on.

Then we started detecting on pasture. Again proper set X-terra started finding coins etc, the same was with Garrett but in the end of the day I had 10 coins, wife had 5 (basicly I had double everything, pull tabs etc). Another day the same. Then I looked on the small garrett standard coil and I understood what is the problem - size of coil, I have been faster with x-terra's bigger coil. So I ordered nel hunter for wife. Another day of detecting and her number of different finds grown.

Of course to find anything , firstly it has to laid in ground which you are searching and your detector has to find it - coil has to be over it - you can always miss it:D.

Anyway now Garrett with Nel Hunter is close to X-terra in my opinion, but still Xterra is deeper and more sensitive to small things. Sometimes I have not stable signal jumping from -2 to 12 and if she is near me I am asking to check with garrett and ace 250 can't see it sometimes. Many times she is asking me to check cause she has got "jumpy" signal and we are just confirming with different machine.

What I like in X-terra, that you can change frequency with coils, groundbalance which is helping a lot and of course volume control. Garrett has no volume control and no ground balance and you can't change frequency. What I found with bigger coils it is easier for me to pinpoint on x-terra then on garrrett, but I am spending more time with X-terra so maybe that is the reason. Garrett is very easy just turn on and go, xterra has got few settings which are easy to set if you will read manual and blog on minelab internet site about x-terra.

Please remember I am not a specialist but if you are looking on budget I would buy second hand ace 250 and if you will be happy with it then buy bigger coil. If not happy you will loose maximum £20 if you will sell it.

If you want x-terra I see that they are keeping price even used, so I would try to buy new one with my wife method. As you can see I have got few coils for x-terra, just one was new with detectors. Rest bought used for funny prices like £40 instead of £140.

Good luck if you got any questions feel free to contact on priv.
Minelab Xterra 705 + CC 9" 7,5Khz + DD 10,5" 7,5Khz + DD 10" x 5" 18,75Khz + 15" DD 18,75kHz
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT

Wife's set:
Garrett Ace 400i + Detech 15" x 12"+ MD Attack Thunder 33x32cm
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT

sgoody1

Post by sgoody1 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:20 pm

littleboot wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:59 am

The most important thing is to get to know the machine thoroughly and what it is telling you. Because whether by a graph or a number or sound or combination of all three...its how you understand and interpret that information that leads to you digging more treasure and less trash.
Thank you again for all of the above.

Not having done it before, I just assumed more up-to-date equipment would be able to recognise and ignore things like ring-pulls and beer bottle tops. I can only guess at the number of times you are in the field with a signal, and dig, only to be disappointed, and while ~I do appreciate I will probably be doing that a lot, I was hoping the latest technology can recognise some of those items to reduce the number of unsuccessful signals. It does appear from your reply, that more of that is down to experience, rather than technology.

Nevertheless, I will go with your advice, and initially get a more basic machine from a recognised brand.

Thanks again.

sgoody1

Post by sgoody1 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:22 pm

Koala wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:04 pm
Woods, beach, rivers

Racer maybe ?
Thanks - I will look into the Racer too. I hadn't thought about the issues with large and small coils - I guess I should try and find one that comes with a few different options?

sgoody1

Post by sgoody1 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:42 pm

przemo1302 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:13 pm
Maybe I will help you a little:

I am detecting with my wife, I have X-terra 705, she is using Garrett Ace 250 with Nel Hunter coil.

Firstly we are not detecting long time, so we are not very experienced but I can share with you my observations.

I couldn't decide also what to buy. I was thinking about Garrett 400i and X-terra 705. You have to pay for new X-terra around £140 more. I was considering that but my wife once asked my what is better in my opinion and I said that If I would have now £500 I would buy X-terra, so she made for me suprise and bought X-terra as a christmas gift for us and as far as I know she paid £378. Yes that is my girl!!! I can let you know how she done it on priv.

Then when we found place to detect, I started thinking about pinpointer and I have found second hand set (used once - 1 month old) Ace 250 with Garrett propointer AT. Wife said take it I will have also detector - as we have been using few times before ace 250 she knew how to use it.

We have been few times on a beach and X-terra with beach mode has been doing good on wet and dry sand(tracking on, sensitivity max 20), Garrett was good on dry sand but on a wet we manage to detect without false signals with only 2 sensitivity bars on.

Then we started detecting on pasture. Again proper set X-terra started finding coins etc, the same was with Garrett but in the end of the day I had 10 coins, wife had 5 (basicly I had double everything, pull tabs etc). Another day the same. Then I looked on the small garrett standard coil and I understood what is the problem - size of coil, I have been faster with x-terra's bigger coil. So I ordered nel hunter for wife. Another day of detecting and her number of different finds grown.

Of course to find anything , firstly it has to laid in ground which you are searching and your detector has to find it - coil has to be over it - you can always miss it:D.

Anyway now Garrett with Nel Hunter is close to X-terra in my opinion, but still Xterra is deeper and more sensitive to small things. Sometimes I have not stable signal jumping from -2 to 12 and if she is near me I am asking to check with garrett and ace 250 can't see it sometimes. Many times she is asking me to check cause she has got "jumpy" signal and we are just confirming with different machine.

What I like in X-terra, that you can change frequency with coils, groundbalance which is helping a lot and of course volume control. Garrett has no volume control and no ground balance and you can't change frequency. What I found with bigger coils it is easier for me to pinpoint on x-terra then on garrrett, but I am spending more time with X-terra so maybe that is the reason. Garrett is very easy just turn on and go, xterra has got few settings which are easy to set if you will read manual and blog on minelab internet site about x-terra.

Please remember I am not a specialist but if you are looking on budget I would buy second hand ace 250 and if you will be happy with it then buy bigger coil. If not happy you will loose maximum £20 if you will sell it.

If you want x-terra I see that they are keeping price even used, so I would try to buy new one with my wife method. As you can see I have got few coils for x-terra, just one was new with detectors. Rest bought used for funny prices like £40 instead of £140.

Good luck if you got any questions feel free to contact on priv.
Thank you for your thoughts - thats really useful to have that side by side comparison.
Shortlist is growing - and I think I need to do a bit more research - but dont want to do too much or I will never take the plunge!

X-Terra 705
Makro Racer
Garrett 250 or 400i

And get small and big coils

And then I need other stuff - finds bag, pinpointer, trowel, special gloves, knee pads, and someone who will carry all that stuff for me (my wife has already refused that invitation!)

I think I will also get down to Smiths and buy a magazine on the topic

Its going to be winter by the time I'm sorted ,':(

Thanks again everyone - really appreciate all the pointers.

Oxgirl36

Post by Oxgirl36 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:08 pm

If you want advice on accessories you’ll find lots of info in this forum section viewforum.php?f=125

Use the sub sections or try the search function for specific item topics. The magazines rarely do accessory reviews or comparisons ;;z

Spades and trowel guide

gloves

Don’t forget the MDF shop has great accessory deals https://www.metaldetectingauction.com/c ... pades/1916
XP Deus !!£$ I use the HOT programme on 17khz, reactivity at 2.5 on v5.21 with the X35 11” coil

Hammered silver 2019 - 13 x;

sgoody1

Post by sgoody1 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:00 pm

I did post a question on any machines that have sound / volume control from the built in speaker, but also if any have Bluetooth capability that would work with wireless earphones.

The post hasn't appeared, but maybe I posted incorrectly?

I did see the equinox 800 has bluetooth - but I feel it is way over my budget at this stage - are there any other thoughts.

Also, worth mentioning that I feel early on, I will probably not want to go too deep, but rather looking for fiends just below / or within a few inches, as to begin with I dont see myself digging feet down!

Checked out gloves - on the advice above - but I think that I wont need them at the moment.

And some of the trowels look a little lethal - i might just pick up something from a garden shop - but I can see the advantage of being able to holster that in some way, along with something to keep finds, and I guess the "rubbish" separately.

This is some Rabbit hole!!

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:34 pm

Checked out gloves - on the advice above - but I think that I wont need them at the moment.

I would say it is very unwise to disregard the necessity for wearing gloves. They provide a good degree of protection from the many sources of sharp objects that can be unearthed. Soil contains all manner of bacteria and also harbours the possibility of contracting several diseases including Weils Disease - (Leptospirosis) but there are several others.

Extracted notes:-

Weil's disease is a form of a bacterial infection also known as Leptospirosis that is carried by animals, most commonly in rats and cattle. It can be caught by humans through contact with rat or cattle urine, most commonly occurring through contaminated water.

The wearing of appropriate protective gloves is, in my opinion, an essential safety precaution for all detectorists rather than an available 'option' so please think again. Stay Safe always ::g Regards ss47

mrcheeky

Post by mrcheeky » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:39 pm

garret 400i awsome machine
South London Metal Detector

sgoody1

Post by sgoody1 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:48 pm

sweepstick47 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:34 pm

The wearing of appropriate protective gloves is, in my opinion, an essential safety precaution for all detectorists rather than an available 'option' so please think again. Stay Safe always ::g Regards ss47
Thanks - I didn't think about that either - in the discussions, most of the talk seemed to be about warmth.

I will buy some now!

Return to “Introduce yourself here Forum”