New from Wirral. First detector ?

This is not compulsory but if you would like to tell us a little about yourself then post here.
Alan_00

New from Wirral. First detector ?

Post by Alan_00 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:44 pm

Hello everyone my name is Alan from the wirral. I am looking at getting into metal detecting as i now have the free time to enjoy it i have done quite a bit of looking around on the forum for quite a few months . Would users recommend getting a cheaper machine to start with like the ace 250? I was going to order the AT Pro but do not know if it would be too complicated as a first machine. I want to do fields, forests , wet and dry sand. looking forward in the future to being involved in the forums and if there is anybody from the wirral or local who would like some company ect give me a shout ::g

Pete E

Re: New from Wirral. First detector ?

Post by Pete E » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:00 pm

I was in your shoes a few months ago... after doing a bit of research, I found many detectors don’t work very well on wet sand especially the cheaper ones..also I wanted a machine with decent performance I was not going to out grow too quickly...in the end I went with a macro racer 2.

It’s relatively easy to learn, got decent performance and works both on dry land and the beach... it’s not the cheapest machine to start with but I pleased with it so far...
Makro Racer 2
Makro Pinpointer
August EP650 Wireless headphones
TaoTronics Wireless Portable Transmitter, (Bluetooth 4.1, aptX Low Latency)

beaubrummell

Post by beaubrummell » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:07 pm

Bear in mind that to detect on land and 'in forests' you need permission from the land owner first. Beaches are your best bet for starters. Good luck. ::g
E-Trac
Detech Ultimate
SEF 8x6
Deteknix Wader Li Xpointer
Lesche Digging Tool
AMES entrenching tool
Souped-up Spear & Jackson mini spade
Chefphones CP2 Black
Tomcat Dakota boots
NCMD membership number 13566

Alan_00

Post by Alan_00 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:08 pm

Hi Pete, Thanks for the reply. I will take a look at the racer 2. My budget is around 600 is there anything else i should be looking at other than the AT Pro and the racer Thanks Alan

Alan_00

Post by Alan_00 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:09 pm

Hi , Yes i have some land permissions as my friend is a local gamekeeper ::g , Thanks Alan

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:52 pm

Hi Alan, if your restricted to a certain budget you mentioned the ACE250 which has been hugely popular but they have now been succeeded by the ACE 200i, 300i and the 400i, these are growing in popularity and are at a reasonable price ::g
From the start metal detecting can be a bit of a flash in the pan and many end up selling their machines so buying something cheaper maybe the way to go.
Mind you when it comes to the beach and wet sand you are going to need something a little different, as mentioned the Racer 2 would be ideal, we have them here on the MDFShop for a good price if budget is a problem.....
Direct link - Makro Racer 2
Best of luck
mrix

wirral jeffo

Post by wirral jeffo » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:05 pm

hi alan another wirrall detectorist here on your budget you should maybe looking at the nox 600 wich unlike a lot of machines will work well on both land and wet sand if you ever want a days company give me a shout im always looking to get out

Alan_00

Post by Alan_00 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:08 pm

Thanks yes that is a good price , also noticed the garrett at pro is cheaper here than anywhere else i could find is that right ? Thanks

Alan_00

Post by Alan_00 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:16 pm

Thanks jeffo ill have a look at the 600 ::g

HistorySeeker

Post by HistorySeeker » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:37 pm

Hi Alan,

I am also new to the hobby and based on the Wirral. It is also worth joining a local club as they have lots of knowledge and can offer advice and access to other permissions. I joined West Kirby Metal Detecting Club. They have a website and also on Facebook.
Minelab Equinox 800

Return to “Introduce yourself here Forum”