Hey guys! From the Lincoln area

This is not compulsory but if you would like to tell us a little about yourself then post here.
Elbasstardo

Hey guys! From the Lincoln area

Post by Elbasstardo » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:44 pm

Hi everyone! I'm new to this hobby (aside from a radio shack detector when I was a kid) and local to Lincoln

Bought myself a garrett ace 250 3 weeks ago to see how I liked the hobby and I'm loving it but I do feel from what I've read I've landed lucky with my first 2 permissions... So far I've 3 roman coins, 2 hammered and a local token amongst various half pennies and relics. I'm not expecting this to last...

Are there any clubs locally? So far I've drawn a blank aside from clubs on the borders of the county

Garrett ace 250
Garrett propointer AT

liamnolan
Location: Hemswell, Lincolnshire. originally from Dublin, southern Ireland

Re: Hey guys! From the Lincoln area

Post by liamnolan » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:54 pm

Hi, welcome to the forum. I live in Hemswell and recently moved up from Norwich, leaving 6000 acres of permissions behind, so starting all over, two permissions so far. I have joined the Lincoln Historical Search Society and they are a top class outfit. They have a waiting list but you could get your name down and maybe come along as a guest - https://www.lhss.org.uk/ We meet up monthly at the Tyrwhitt Arm pub near Fiskerton and have regular monthly club digs.
I get out during the week a few times,good weather at present, all the very best, Liam OooO
Deus, WSi's - In the end we will regret the chances we didn't take, the relationships we were afraid to have and decisions we waited too long to make .. Spokesperson Irish Metal Detecting Society IMDS Vice President European Council for Metal Detecting

FUBAR

Post by FUBAR » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:33 am

Hi and welcome to the forum. Looks like you are off to a great start. May the gods grant you many more finds. Greetings from East Riding.

Giff

Post by Giff » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:01 pm

Hi, Not too far from Lincoln and have always been lucky enough to have access to good land through a local club. Definitely the best way to go when starting out. Always interested in local tokens being found, is it a Lincoln one?

Elbasstardo

Post by Elbasstardo » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:54 pm

Thanks for the heads up on the Lincoln historical search society Liamnolan I'll get in touch with them, they never came up on any search I did sounds like a good set up they've got going.

Yes giff the tokens marked "the bale of lincoln" a Joseph ludington farthing its not dated but a bit of research shows it as a 1600s one, nice to have a bit of local interest in a find.
Garrett ace 250
Garrett propointer AT

darren stevo

Post by darren stevo » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:58 pm

Good afternoon from me .Darren from nettelham (just outside of lincoln).I also have the ace 250.I have recently upgraded to the deus lite.i found lots with the ace 250 mate.cracking machine.

Elbasstardo

Post by Elbasstardo » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:35 pm

Nettleham! Just down the road! Good to know there's some locals out there!
Garrett ace 250
Garrett propointer AT

darren stevo

Post by darren stevo » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:42 pm

Hi mate.i. guessing your in the welton/sudbrook area ?

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:08 am

LHSS club meeting tonight at 7.30pm Tyrwhitt Arms pub, Liam
Deus, WSi's - In the end we will regret the chances we didn't take, the relationships we were afraid to have and decisions we waited too long to make .. Spokesperson Irish Metal Detecting Society IMDS Vice President European Council for Metal Detecting

Wardie94

Post by Wardie94 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:21 pm

Hi Elbass welcome, sounds like your doing great so far! I’m based near Market Rasen, been out with Liamnolan who’s one of the admins here, I’m more thank happy to meet up I’m sure Liam would like to come as well he’s a great guy with lots of knowledge.
Equinox 800 ... warning I may start talking about metal detecting a lot, Market Rasen based

41 Craig P

Post by 41 Craig P » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:58 am

Welcome!

Also from Lincolnshire and in the same club as Liam!
Craig
Professional Shot Cap Hunter

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:42 pm

Ashley, you contributed well to the meeting last night, you certainly know the local area and have the contacts! I am gradually linking up with local detectorists, new friends everywhere ::g
Craig, good to chat last night, looking forward to the new club clothing designs becoming a reality, well done on your design work, Liam :;@

Wardie94

Post by Wardie94 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:04 pm

Application submitted to LHSS so hopefully get voted in, did you have much luck Elbass ?
Equinox 800 ... warning I may start talking about metal detecting a lot, Market Rasen based

Return to “Introduce yourself here Forum”