Tekneticks Eurotec pro pinpointing problem.

Topics related to Teknetics metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
mikesy

Tekneticks Eurotec pro pinpointing problem.

Post by mikesy »

Hi,
I recently had to buy a new Tekneticks Eurotec control box as I unfortunately was sold a "working perfect" second hand detector. Anyway thats my own fault for trusting the seller.
Since fitting the new box , whenever I try to pinpoint a target the PP only stays on for about 2-3 seconds and then displays a capital T then a small case d and goes back into search mode. If I release the PP button and press it again it does the same .
Has anyone else out there experienced this?
It does it about 90% of the time which is really frustrating and makes it dificult to pinpoint the target.
I've read the manual a few times and theres nothing mentioned in it to cover this .
I'm just wondering if the control box can be reset and if this is a common issue.
Thanks in advance.
mike

Bors

Re: Tekneticks Eurotec pro pinpointing problem.

Post by Bors »

If you bought it off the well known Auction site .You should have opened "a case" against the seller and held them to the description of "working Perfectly", as If this proves not to be correct ,you are entitled to get your money back as by Paypals Money back guarantee promise ,assuming it was bought through PP of course . But I`ve found it to be always honoured by Paypal of any let downs by sellers.
Beware of the Man who shoots with only One gun.

mikesy

Post by mikesy »

Unfortunately the seller said he did not have PayPal and would only accept bank transfer.( I Know!)
Came across as a nice chap ,sounded genuine was selling up as he had a bad back and was giving up MD
When I called him about the control box he offered to pay for a replacement control box if I bought a new one and send him the receipt.
When I called him after the purchasing it to get his address for the receipt he did not answer ,I left a voice message......still no reply. ;;z

Bors

Post by Bors »

Hi pinpoint seems in order according to this Youtube Video by TheHunterGT . He is very good at his help on different detectors . You can if you look at around 14 minutes on the red line below the Video if you hover your curser on the red dot on the red line , otherwise watch it all. It can help you understand the Detectors working .
Pinpoint only becomes active when you press the pinpoint button . Once you release the button it stops pinpointing. Pinpointing mode is in ALL METAL mode .

mikesy

Post by mikesy »

Hi,
when Hunter GT holds the PP button down it stays on PP until he releases the PP button. When I press the PP button it stops PP after a couple of seconds and then goes onto search mode without me releasing the PP button. It does this most of the time so I have to release PP and then press it again then the same thing happens.
I was told this is a common quirk with this machine but of all the videos I've watched and reviews I've read nobody mentions anything about this.
I'm just wondering how many, if any people have this problem with the Eurotec or if its faulty as I've only had it for a week or so.

Bors

Post by Bors »

Best ring the Shop you bought it off and ask them can you send it back to check it out . Tell them what it's doing. If it checks out OK it might be a problem when its connected to your coil so It might be the Coil , because it cannot be anything else. It's under warranty so there`s no problem there.

mikesy

Post by mikesy »

Thanks Bors,
I'll do that, thanks for your help.
ATB for 2020

Return to “Teknetics Forum”