New Teknetics Patriot owner

Topics related to Teknetics metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
Indeep

New Teknetics Patriot owner

Post by Indeep » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:30 am

Hi I'm a new member to the site but not that new to detecting. But all that said I am new to the Teknetics Patriot..yes I've heard it said it is basically a Fisher F70 and I have checked out a lot of info on the machine. My gripe with it is that it does not seem that deep..I would say the deepest target so far being about 4" I have also noticed it does make a bit of a noise when the coil contacts anything hard. I'm using a setting that keeps the machine fairly quiet. Sen at 68. Tone I like 1F Thresh at -1 . Disc low at 22 iron notched out. Speed I use is slow as the machine seems at its best depth wise maybe a little bit of noise but I don't mind that. Ground balanced all ok..yes I'm finding stuff but not deep..previously I have used my trusty old Fisher 1235x which I would say is certainly a deeper machine but lacks the new technology. The sites I have visited do tend tobe rather trashy but I'm old school and used to digging everything that' shows a good signal. Is this the norm for most Teknetics machines. maybe I need to keep messing with the settings. But I'm sure it's not that deep.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards 98; 98;
Jim

WVAM

Re: New Teknetics Patriot owner

Post by WVAM » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:25 am

Jim,
T2 Classic here - depth shouldn't be a problem for your Patriot. I'd suggest burying a few targets at a reasonable depth to make sure it's picking them up. The difficulty with field tests is you don't know if you are missing targets or they are just not there. In general the Teknetics machines do very well for depth.
Chris

Bors

Post by Bors » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:30 am

If the detectors a secondhand one ,it might be worth while just to be on the safe side to check the coils working properly, they have been known to have had trouble with faulty coils I believe,but I`m only going by, he said ,she said, on that. . Also It wouldn`t do any harm to Try a re set and go from there if its a second hand detector,if its a new one, you won`t have to.

Indeep

Post by Indeep » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:49 pm

Thanks for the quick reply guys. I've changed my battery type and capacity..checked the coil and its wireing and fitment at the plug end..Which was loose. Now I have tightened this up with some PTFE tape so should be ok. I've been out today and my first target was at 9" 1822 Farthing..good signal..and a reasonable depth. I did do a complete reset prior to detecting and ground balanced the machine wasn't on site for very long due to the weather but I do believe i may have it sorted.
Regards
Jim ::g

Bors

Post by Bors » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:53 pm

Indeep wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:49 pm
Thanks for the quick reply guys. I've changed my battery type and capacity..checked the coil and its wireing and fitment at the plug end..Which was loose. Now I have tightened this up with some PTFE tape so should be ok. I've been out today and my first target was at 9" 1822 Farthing..good signal..and a reasonable depth. I did do a complete reset prior to detecting and ground balanced the machine wasn't on site for very long due to the weather but I do believe i may have it sorted.
Regards
Jim ::g
Excellent news & I hope your now sorted .Yes good idea to keep your eye on the coil connector to the box now n then as they can work their way loose. Any further problems , come back and I`m sure with a few more suggestions that there`s a good chance they can be sorted.

Return to “Teknetics Forum”