NEW Multi Kruzer Problem

Discussion of the Makro Multi Kruzer and standard Makro Kruzer discussion only.
dave b

Re: NEW Multi Kruzer Problem

Post by dave b »

Ok will do , not got out with it yet , hopefully this weekend. Thanks.

dave b

Post by dave b »

hi finely got out with kruzer on sunday to try new coil,
and as you all guessed it was no different.
this is a very sensitive high gain machine , and once it got wet was even more sensitive.
I found as long as you keep coil near ground it is usable, but if you put machine down so coil is not parallel with soil it goes very sparkey, and if you lift it so coil is facing up very sparkey.
tried all programs and dug some very deep iron.
boy does this machine love coke on 19 kHz , readings for coke where 17-20 most of time but now and then higher, so I dug all with no good results , all around me people where pulling out roman bronze coins but me just coke, hope things improve as I learn it.

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix »

Hello, are you keeping everything on default values? Have you tried increasing the iSat ? this should help with coke.
Also try slightly reducing the gain.
Best of luck
mrix

dave b

Post by dave b »

hi , lowered gain down to 70 and it did improve but felt like I was loosing depth, so left it on 85 this was ok when detecting as long as coil kept close to ground, just have to live with it, if you want depth it is very noisey, tried upping isat values, but I did not notice any change , never tried altering isat to help with coke though will try this next time , if I ignored 17-20 would have left most coke but could miss small hammered.

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix »

Hi Dave, gain of 70 is the default and should be stuck to especially if the kruzer is falsing / sparky. The default 70 should give ample depth.
mrix

Machinist

Post by Machinist »

It is a well known fact Dave that manufacturers default programs are included so you will only get minimum depth and therefore find nothing s;.. Well that is what you appear to be saying.

All fields are different and require a different approach, the default programs are a starting point to get you going. On a previous post I said that on one field I had the gain on my Kruzer at 90 and it was OK another field not far away and I had to drop the gain to 65 but I was still finding stuff at a fair depth, It may have only been small bits of lead but it was finding them.

Having the gain higher than the detector is happy with means that it will be falsing all over the place and you will be missing good signals among the noise.

You have a very sensitive machine there so please let it do its job and not try to push it too much.

Ray
It's all the Headless Hunters fault !!

Member of South Yorkshire MDC

dave b

Post by dave b »

Hi thanks once again for all your advice .
Will let you know how I get on out again this Saturday.

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix »

Noticed while out yesterday using 3 tone how low the discrimination setting is set by default, I had a fair few small ferrous targets on the land which was making it a little more sparky so I simply increased the decrm to 10 and all quietened down ::g
mrix

Marco

Post by Marco »

dave b wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:07 am
Hi thanks once again for all your advice .
Will let you know how I get on out again this Saturday.

Any news? I have the same problem.

THE MOLE

Post by THE MOLE »

as mike says discrim in 3 tone is set at 3 which will pick up everything including the mother inlaw :E
it needs to be at least 10 in my opinion, not that my opinion is usually right :))

neil.
Just using the Force Image

Andrewww

Post by Andrewww »

Just upped mine to 10 in 3 tone and saved it, thanks Guys ::g

dave b

Post by dave b »

Hi Marco , I have not been out yet , but Testing in my garden it is more stable but this could be because ground is dryer now. Let you know how it goes when I get out properly.

THE MOLE

Post by THE MOLE »

THE MOLE wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:09 pm
as mike says discrim in 3 tone is set at 3 which will pick up everything including the mother inlaw :E
it needs to be at least 10 in my opinion, not that my opinion is usually right :))

neil.

i could well be over the limit at 10 rl; i just tested a gold ring which came in at 24. i then surrounded it with 6 x 2" panel pins that came in at a jumpy but diggable 33/67 on removal of the ring the panel pins didnt make a sound. that was on 3 tone gain 99 and factory discrim at 3, the pins where less than half inch fron the ring. so im thinking 10 could miss you things i didnt have any bigger nails to try, mght be worth lowering to say 5 then work up if not good ::g

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix »

THE MOLE wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:09 pm

on removal of the ring the panel pins didnt make a sound.

Hi Neil, what are the panel pins made off ? obviously if they are steel then you should not be hearing anything ::g ? mind you I think I maybe getting a little confused what you are saying.

Regardless yes 10 discrim maybe a little high, for me personally my ground contained a lot of very small ferrous junk and setting around 10 made it a far more enjoyable day, mind you I did find a very small thin hammered ::g
mrix

THE MOLE

Post by THE MOLE »

thats what i was getting at mike the discrim as low as 3 took out the pins (steel ) so raising it to ten could loose you some other things. 10 dosent sound high but then that depends on how makro have set the detector. in other words 3 on the kruzer could be same as 6 on a minelab for instance.

im not sure but didnt want peoplw missing things because i said ten, because i was going off other machines ive used. then again i could be miles off the mark it was just a thought after the test

cheers
neil.

THE MOLE

Post by THE MOLE »

if all that sounds like nonsence, it probably is, i wrote this yesterday suffering from the after effects of genral anesthetic after a spell in day surgery =)) =)) =))

neil.

Return to “Makro Kruzer Forum”