New detectorist with a Simplex.

Discussion of the Nokta Makro Simplex metal detector here only.
JBM

New detectorist with a Simplex.

Post by JBM »

As a recent owner of the Simplex I read the Instruction booklet with interest.

Its relatively straight forward for an old hand,but perhaps not quite so to a first timer detector user.

I have spotted a number of helpful videos on YouTube, but one in particular will make newcomers life so much easier.

Its is a particular one by Sid, Nokta Macro Simplex + Features & Functions.

Iam sure that some needy person will find it from the above, without me getting into hot water trying to be helpful.

Happy Hunting,

Jerry.

PS I have seen a couple for sale quoting that the wife`s Xmas present is for sale and also a young son`s present for sale.Perhaps this was the Reason but I wonder ???.
Last edited by JBM on Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

JBM

Re: New detectorist with a Simplex.

Post by JBM »

I was a Minelab enthusiast from the late 1980`s and had many of their machines, I still have my favorite XP Deus which i have used for the last 11 years.

This was a very recent purchase only use 3 times in as many weeks by a newbie and makes a great back-up machine.

Neither my detecting buddy and budding OAP son have a back-up machine and this one fits the bill.

Its also a new toy to keep the grey matter turning.

Well you did ask. ;) :)

Happy Hunting,

Jerry.

Metallica

Post by Metallica »

Well im new to detecting and not very techy by any stretch of the imagination , but i have to say i have found for me personally that the Simplex has been relatively easy to get to grips with . But i did spend countless hours thumbing through the manual and watching tutorials etc , then playing in the garden until i understood as much as possible the operation of this machine . Only then did i head out in anger so to speak , i could not have just read the manual a couple of times and headed out detecting , that i do know . The only way i would sell mine would be if i tire of the beaches and still cant get any field permission , a scenario i dont like to consider and im hoping doesnt come to pass .

JBM

Post by JBM »

Iam not a beach person, but after the coming storm I might give them a try. ;)

Happy Hunting,

Jerry.

Metallica

Post by Metallica »

Im not either out of choice , but its not all that bad . Its somewhere to at least get out detecting at the moment and the freedom of just doing your own thing as and when is a plus .

Return to “Simplex Forum”