Simplex Usb charger to uk plug adaptor

Discussion of the Nokta Makro Simplex metal detector here only.
Junior

Simplex Usb charger to uk plug adaptor

Post by Junior »

What a load of pants the UK adaptor is ....maybe it's just my luck or lack of...finally got it out of the box yesterday... had a quick turn on and play once assembled on me test bed... struggled a bit with linking the headphones ....but got there in the end... thought I'll charge it up.... think again... plugged uk adaptor in ...plugged usb adap in ...plugged headphone in as said in instructions headphone must be charged with there adaptor....they didn't...didn't work initially..then gave it a wiggle... loads of sparks internally...then would only work when on the squee....ditch that ....plugged into phone charger...Mate had said with his the charger might burn your house down jokingly or so I thought..l.'ll get a dearer on and see how that works!!!!
Next.... headphones I havnt got captain Spock ears but me ears don't fit in the head phones ....I'm used to grey ghosts or ur30 s which go over me ears not perch sort of on then and the head band it's angled .... seems wrong what ever way around u have it

Am I being tooo picky on a cheap machine ? Cheers :D

ratty

Re: Usb charger to uk plug adaptor and other thoughts on the simplex

Post by ratty »

Yep the mains adaptor is poop, it's the 3 pin bit that is u/s .I swapped it for a spare one i had and no problems.
With regard to the headphones I'm using the MK1 humanoid lugholes and although they don,t allow the flapy bit to locate into the inner foam pads the sit very comfortably over them.. :)

dondo

Re: Usb charger to uk plug adaptor and other thoughts on the simplex

Post by dondo »

I bought mine from a German company so never got the UK plug adaptor anyway, but like you just plugged the USB lead into my phone plug, The earphones are the same size as most of the wireless ones you see today, i like them, the large ones that completely cover the ear made my ears sweat in the summer months.

GeorgeMK

Re: Simplex Usb charger to uk plug adaptor

Post by GeorgeMK »

Junior wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:42 am
... loads of sparks internally...
I’ve read this elsewhere. Sounds like it is a dangerous item that wouldn’t comply with UK or EU safety tests. Maybe the manufacturers/distributors should change to a different item before there is an accident.

Bors

Post by Bors »

I use an EasyAcc 20000mAh Power Bank(4A Input 4.8A Smart Output)External Battery Charger
to charge My Anfibio, Or, my Mains plugin , USB Charger with LED Digital Display, 40w 8A Max 2.4A 8-Port USB Hub Charger. Both work fine to charge with.
The beauty of the Powerbank is you take your power supply along with you in the field (just in case).
Last edited by Bors on Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beware of the Man who shoots with only One gun.

Merneo

Post by Merneo »

Hi, As supplied from main Dealer
20191231_124138.jpg
20191231_124058.jpg
And only used three times and no issues so far

And as found out you don't need screw the lead in to charge

Push Fit ok

Paul
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nokta Macro Simplex+
Whites Coinmaster 2/DB Series 2

John Willetts - Made - Hand Digger
Roughneck Micro Shovel Round Point

Nokta Makro Pinpointer
NCMD Member

Metallica

Post by Metallica »

My headphones came today , agree they're not huge but they feel comfortable on so I'm happy . Havent had any issues with charging the simplex or headphones with the equipment supplied .

Pete01

Post by Pete01 »

Yep some of those uk plug adaptors (from two pin to uk three pin) can be a bit loose sometimes as the two pin design itself doesn't really lend itself to being that stable compared to having three pins which are wider as well!. The sparks you had were porobably caused by bad contacts which created arc's. I was looking for a good cheap two pin to three pin adaptor myself recently and found Wilkinsons sold one at £2.50 and it's quite reasonable!.

As for the power adaptor itself youcan safely use another one from another brand but just make sure to check the rating before you use it just incase!. You can;t really go too far wrong with USB power adaptors though as most of them are pretty much standard and safe!. The manufacturers stating that only thier USB power adaptor should be used are just being causious in the event that someone might use an old or cheap knock off USB charger that isn't as safe as it should be!. USB charger's come in both 3.3v and 5v but I haven't even seen a 3.3v version for ages. Obviously the maximum current draw varies between adaptors but that normally isn't a problem either way becasue the device being charged will only draw the current that it needs and if the device to be charged is designed to draw a higher current then what the USB device can provide then 'normally' this shouldn't be an issue either becasue it would just mean that charging could take longer!. The problem that 'may' ocurr is if the USB device is of bad quality or design and isn't designed with any safety features to allow for any mismatch between charger rating and device draw when the device to be charged current draw is higher then what the USB charger can provide!- this is what the manufacturers are probably worried about when they advice customers to only use their USB charging adaptors!- usually you're never likely to have a problem unless you buy really cheap and badly made adaptors!.

I bought a double port USB charger from Tesco rated at 2.4 Amps for just £10 and it covers most requirements and is well made with all the required safety stamps on the back etc!.

Regarding your headphones- obviously not all headphones are designed to fit completely over the ear and the ones that are designed in such a way are often for music production but they can severely limit what you can hear going on around you which isn't always a good idea!- I'm sure you'd want to hear that bull in the field if it suddenly decided to charge you from behind! lol!.

Junior

Post by Junior »

Thanks everybody ...Will source a double usb plug... ::g

Return to “Simplex Forum”