Say Hi if you have a Simplex

Discussion of the Nokta Makro Simplex metal detector here only.
Merneo

Say Hi if you have a Simplex

Post by Merneo »

Hi, If you have a Simplex + say Hello

Paul
Last edited by Merneo on Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nokta Macro Simplex+
Whites Coinmaster 2/DB Series 2

John Willetts - Made - Hand Digger
Roughneck Micro Shovel Round Point

Nokta Makro Pinpointer
NCMD Member

digumupdav

Re: Say Hi if you have a Simplex +

Post by digumupdav »

hi iv just got a simplex + two months now only been out twice testing at the mo
::g

greatchi

Post by greatchi »

Hi

Mine arrived yesterday

LloydF

Post by LloydF »

Hi, got mine through a couple of weeks ago. Had it out 6/7 times, great machine.
Garrett ACE 400i
Garrett Pro pointer AT
Simplex+

Pete01

Post by Pete01 »

Hi, another Nokta Simplex user here, and I echo what was said above!- it's a great machine, esepecially for the price!. I've been using mine on the beach and it works surprisingly well on the wet sand for a single frequency machine!.

Detectski

Post by Detectski »

Hi,

Oh sorry I thought you said Complex (as in Superiority or God) 8-}

devonlad

Post by devonlad »

Mine arrived today, out tomorrow👍😄
XP Deus; 11” X35, HF 9”
Minelab Equinox 800; 11”& 15”
Nokta Makro Simplex+ WHP
Minelab Pro Find 35
MI6 pinpointer
MI4 pinpointer
YouTube: Detecting Southwest GB

PinkFloyd

Post by PinkFloyd »

Very best of luck ::g

I thought this thread would of been much busier :-/
Doctor - you’ve got 5 minutes to live
Me - Listen to comfortably numb
Doctor - but that’s 9 minutes
God - it’s ok

dondo

Post by dondo »

I have one. ::g
Good machine, easy learning curve, round deep iron/steel objects give a very good sounding signal the numbers are very high, will take a few more trips out to decide if i should dig them or not.

Metallica

Post by Metallica »

Another one here with the Simplex , cant comment yet as i havent used it . But i guess even when i do get going it will just be a metal detector , as a newbie i have nothing to compare it to . Its supposed to be a decent machine for the money , just hoping the launch hype doesnt turn out to be just that ! Can only go on the reviews at my stage , time will tell and cant wait to get out there .

Junior

Post by Junior »

Sold 3030 and with money 2 toys instead of buying the nox and adding more money to it, got the simplex with the whp instead and a new toy in the new year, seems well put together, it's been sent to Lapland at mo :D Mate has one , 3 rallys 2 hammered , maybe just luck, going by vids out there seems to keep up with other detectors...time will tell ... Will give it a year and back shelf the French stick.. first outing will be gorleston beach hopefully boxing day.....merry Christmas to all ::g

Merneo

Post by Merneo »

Don't forget Simplex people

there are two other threads

simplex in the field finds - it needs adding too

and simplex in the field questions

I may have started them - but for all

only thing I do is ask moderators to clean it up if goes off topic

please add or ask questions

Paul
Nokta Macro Simplex+

Nokta Makro Pinpointer
NCMD Member

andyc823

Post by andyc823 »

My Simplex arrived last Friday and I was out with it on Monday at the beach. I haven't used a metal detector on 30 odd years and I was amazed how clear the signals are compared to what I used in the past. I was advised to get this machine as I want to do mainly beach hunting. Within minutes I was finding stuff. I'm pretty impressed with it. The only thing I don;t like are the buttons, which are difficult to press sometimes. Other than that it's an excellent machine.

Bibelot

Post by Bibelot »

I am letting my simplex+ go, will know tomorrow whether I have it sold. Options with the multi anfibio makes me grab it before the simplex but I understand that it is not the point.It's quite a machine for the price.....
XP deus with 9",12" LF coil,9" X35 coil, Makro racer, Makro Racer 2 , Makro Multi Kruzer, Makro Anfibio,simplex+,Orx w9"HF coil

Junior

Post by Junior »

andyc823 wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:52 pm
My Simplex arrived last Friday and I was out with it on Monday at the beach. I haven't used a metal detector on 30 odd years and I was amazed how clear the signals are compared to what I used in the past. I was advised to get this machine as I want to do mainly beach hunting. Within minutes I was finding stuff. I'm pretty impressed with it. The only thing I don;t like are the buttons, which are difficult to press sometimes. Other than that it's an excellent machine.
If u are using a screen cover on it this might help...Mark lightly with a pen or whatever on the outside of the cover where the buttons are ...then buy some are they draw shut cushion thingies( clear self adhesive like buttons u fit on the inside of draws ) and put on the inside of the cover lining up with your outside marks... works fine on the dues... havnt got the cover set for mine yet and my simplex is still in the box so not sure on the profile of the buttons ... someone will prob come up with a pic of what I mean ::g :D

andyc823

Post by andyc823 »

I didn't have any kind of cover on it other than the sticky screen protector thing it came with as part of the packaging. It's supposed to be completely waterproof and I think that's probably the reason the buttons are difficult to activate. I'm hoping to give it another go next week (just waiting for a new sand scoop to arrive from China at the moment) so I'll see if it gets better with a bit of use.

Metallica

Post by Metallica »

Been having a play in the garden with the Simplex , not been out properly yet . My first thoughts are that there seems a fair amount of flex in the lower plastic shaft , has anyone else thought this ?
Even with the stronger upper shaft extended to its limit so that the lower shaft piece is less extended , i was not expecting the flex in the lower shaft ??
Be very interested in others thoughts on this ...cheers .

Pete01

Post by Pete01 »

Metallica wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:04 pm
Been having a play in the garden with the Simplex , not been out properly yet . My first thoughts are that there seems a fair amount of flex in the lower plastic shaft , has anyone else thought this ?
Even with the stronger upper shaft extended to its limit so that the lower shaft piece is less extended , i was not expecting the flex in the lower shaft ??
Yeah I also noticed the lower shaft is a bit flexible- the lower shaft is a 'D' section shape so it flexes quite a bit forward and back if you shake it in that direction but not so much side to side in the direction you normally would swing it and I found that when I'm actually detecting I don't even notice it. The clamps are ok so at least the shaft itsn't loose which would be much more annoying!. A bit of flex might even be a good thing in a way as it could provide a bit of a dampening effect when you accidently knock the coil against a rock or bit of fence etc so could help with preventing damage to the coil.

PinkFloyd

Post by PinkFloyd »

D shape, wonder if a deus lower shaft would fit ?

Post a picture of the lower shaft ::g
Doctor - you’ve got 5 minutes to live
Me - Listen to comfortably numb
Doctor - but that’s 9 minutes
God - it’s ok

Metallica

Post by Metallica »

I would post a pic but I havent worked out how to do that yet on here ! Maybe it's just me being a bit OCD and it's not something that I really thought about when swinging as it's not side to side flex . But there is considerable up and down flex under the weight of the coil , and this surprised me even for an entry level machine that I realise it is . Not wanting to start a revolution here and If that's just the way it is I will accept it and move on . Just my honest opinion and I hope it's ok to air these sort of things on here for discussion .

Ladybird66

Post by Ladybird66 »

I’m just making a comment here. I don’t have a Simlex but the same topic is related to other machines. (This is the sort of thing I drive Hubby mad with) :D

The wrist action ! Sort of like when you’re casting out when fishing. The last little bit is a ‘flick’ or ‘snap’ action. Reading other comments about lower shafts being bendy I’ve wondered if it’s the same thing done unconsciously at the end of a sweep.
I’ve watched my own sweep and noticed that if I’m in a hurry to get to the other side of the field, where I found something last time, I tend to flick and I can see and feel the wobble.
Making an effort to correct this with a smooth change in direction stops this happening so maybe it’s more a matter of brain training than a weak lower shaft.

Sorry to over-load you with female thoughts but, maybe ?

Junior

Post by Junior »

I've put a similar shape piece of wooden quadrant in my dues s 9" and 15 inch coil lower shafts avaible from most of the bigger b&q etc s to no I'll effect and the new simplex will b getting the same treatment if I think needed...maybe a longer lower shaft is required for the taller detectorists as I'm 6 2 in bare feet ::g rl;

Bors

Post by Bors »

It's definitely not the best position to have the bottom shaft only inside the top shaft by the narrowest of margin. You ideally need a 1/3 of the bottom shaft still inside the top shaft to stop any "Wobble" occurring. Your right when you say you need a longer bottom shaft to suit the taller detectorist. Try contacting Nocta/Makro to see if they do a longer shaft. Or try a Nokta/Makro main agent first even.
Beware of the Man who shoots with only One gun.

andyc823

Post by andyc823 »

Metallica wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:04 pm
I've not noticed any flex at all on mine. The sturdyness of the shaft was one of the reasons I chose it over certain other types I could mention.

Pete01

Post by Pete01 »

Junior wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:19 pm
I've put a similar shape piece of wooden quadrant in my dues s 9" and 15 inch coil lower shafts avaible from most of the bigger b&q etc s to no I'll effect and the new simplex will b getting the same treatment if I think needed...maybe a longer lower shaft is required for the taller detectorists as I'm 6 2 in bare feet ::g rl;
Yeah I wouldn't mind a couple of extra inches on my lower shaft either! ::g

Metallica

Post by Metallica »

Ladybird66 wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:59 am
I’m just making a comment here. I don’t have a Simlex but the same topic is related to other machines. (This is the sort of thing I drive Hubby mad with) :D

The wrist action ! Sort of like when you’re casting out when fishing. The last little bit is a ‘flick’ or ‘snap’ action. Reading other comments about lower shafts being bendy I’ve wondered if it’s the same thing done unconsciously at the end of a sweep.
I’ve watched my own sweep and noticed that if I’m in a hurry to get to the other side of the field, where I found something last time, I tend to flick and I can see and feel the wobble.
Making an effort to correct this with a smooth change in direction stops this happening so maybe it’s more a matter of brain training than a weak lower shaft.

Sorry to over-load you with female thoughts but, maybe ?
Your female thoughts are much appreciated Ladybird66 !
But no it isnt to do with the swing in this case , in fact whilst swinging it wasnt something on my mind at all as the flex is not side to side . So you could say whats the issue and maybe there isnt one , but on initial setting up and picking up the machine for the first time , i was very surprised at the amount of downward flex on the lower plastic shaft under the weight of the coil before i even got to swinging it . I had the two shaft sections extended evenly ( im 6ft ) , and it did improve things a little by fully extending the stronger upper shaft which then meant i could retract the lower one a bit more and still achieve the same overall length . The reason i think it doesnt flex sideways and only downwards is the D shape of the shaft . Maybe down to the price point and im expecting too much , but yeah that plastic bottom shaft for me is a slight negative on what otherwise seems an excellent machine . All just my honest opinion of my observations , and i certainely dont regret buying the Simplex . Cheers ...

Merneo

Post by Merneo »

Hi,

I am coming the the same conclusion - been out three times with mine

and there is a lot of left to right movement at the bottom of the shaft

which I think is down to the shaft material its a form of plastic and flexes especially as you need it at almost full extent for my height

I am only 5 ft 10 and I would like a few extra inches in both mid and bottom shaft

I am sure that the shafts almost at the extent of there travel and the flexing will put a strain on the lower cam lock over time

It would be interesting to know from Nokta how many inches should be in the shaft at the cam locks so that its as designed

what do others think

Paul
Nokta Macro Simplex+

Nokta Makro Pinpointer
NCMD Member

Bors

Post by Bors »

Can I be frank with you ? I think your both being overly too "picky" . I say that because neither of you have any experience in detecting yet your picking on a point that if you had had around 15 detectors to base your "complaints "against in a comparison basis then yes I would consider you had a point. But to be singling out a "problem" which you both have not have anything to base your complaint against then I just think your picking for the sake of picking. I would, however, suggest you both do a few more months detecting and see if your worry is still validated then . But to be pulling it apart at this early stage before its barely been out of the egg is a bit premature.

Merneo

Post by Merneo »

Sorry Bors

I disagree

I want a detector thats comfortable to use and I feel secure in its use

and even after a few uses I don't feel that 100 pc and thats a growing feeling

the mid shaft has even fell out because of trying to get extra length for my height

and I am not that tall

I am not giving up on something that I have genuine question on

but as an entry level detector - saying you need buckets loads of experience to evaluate it

is a double edged sword - yes and clearly no

if you look around - you will see the shaft length comes up on quite a regular basis

adding my concerns - that are growing

comes from the experience I have in using the Simplex

Paul
Nokta Macro Simplex+

Nokta Makro Pinpointer
NCMD Member

Bors

Post by Bors »

Well! from what I can see by the photo`s or diagrams of the Simplex , its not far off in design from my Anfibio. The top and bottom stem And Coil look the same as My Anfibio.
Now I`m 5`.11" and I don't have both stems maxed out and I find the length of my set up no problem at all when using it . The longer you have the stems ,yes of course you`ll have no stem inside the other to give support on each other so you "might" feel a waver,but its nothing that is detrimental to the working of the detector.I can`t see it not being "Comfortable " as its being swung not worn. :))
If it is freaking you out like it seems it is ,you have two options, try and ask the Makro.Nokta dealer can they get you a longer bottom shaft, failing that,if your not prepared to still persevere ,sell it but make sure your next detector has the option of a long bottom shaft to be able to buy. I think thats your only solution.But I still say give it a few months and try gelling with it ,instead of throwing the towel in too soon on what looks like a pretty decent detector.

Return to “Simplex Forum”