Simplex in the Field - Finds and settings used

Discussion of the Nokta Makro Simplex metal detector here only.
Merneo

Simplex in the Field - Finds and settings used

Post by Merneo »

Hi,

I would like to collect finds and there signals in a post that people can look through

To help them in the understanding of their machines

Moderators - Please move stuff that moves to far off this objective

As this is not about identifying finds I think a scale is optional but might help

This is for All Simplex owners Please Add to It

Have started a separate thread for questions
Last edited by Merneo on Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

Nokta Macro Simplex+
Whites Coinmaster 2/DB Series 2

John Willetts - Made - Hand Digger
Roughneck Micro Shovel Round Point

Nokta Makro Pinpointer
NCMD Member

Merneo

Re: Simplex in the Field

Post by Merneo »

Hi

Field mode Minus 1 on Sensitivity

VDI Solid 91 no jumping at all

Stubble Field

Suggested as a Farthing - Will update if changes
DSC_3369.JPG
DSC_3366.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nokta Macro Simplex+

Nokta Makro Pinpointer
NCMD Member

Merneo

Post by Merneo »

Hi,

Field Mode minus 1 on sensitivity

Same field as above

VDI 19-20-22 Good signal

Not best pic as tossed it
IMG-20191201-WA0003.jpeg[/attachment[attachment=0]IMG-20191201-WA0003.jpeg
Canslaw
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nokta Macro Simplex+

Nokta Makro Pinpointer
NCMD Member

ratty

Post by ratty »

Possibly 7 Up or Sprite. :))

dondo

Post by dondo »

Took mine out for a couple of hours today, i take more notice of the tones than the numbers, anyway switched on, very chattery, the field i was on is opposite a 1600's inn, i think fire ash and clinker has been chucked on there for about 400 years also coal was mined locally up until the early 1800s, ground balancing worked wonders, iron was coming in at 04-05 dug 2 George 1st halfpennies coming in at a steady 78-80, i nearly didn't dig a deep small pewter button high numbers but chatty, small bit's of lead were coming in at about 38, the only thing that really fooled me was a piece of fence wire very deep for this site, i wouldn't say the fields been hammered but it's been detected many times, the last time was about 10 years ago, it's a good detector very easy to get the hang of, this may be down to experience.

LloydF

Re: Simplex in the Field - Finds and settings used

Post by LloydF »

First simplex Silver found yesterday, don't have pics of the numerous coppers it's pulled up too.
Garrett ACE 400i
Garrett Pro pointer AT
Simplex+

ratty

Post by ratty »

The head on that coin has a massive conk. =)) ::g

LloydF

Post by LloydF »

ratty wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:50 am
The head on that coin has a massive conk. =)) ::g
If it's going to be slightly tarnished it couldn't be in a better place
Garrett ACE 400i
Garrett Pro pointer AT
Simplex+

Junior

Post by Junior »

Well nearly.... on the beach..... 1st time out and about...wasn't expecting anything to b honest.... 1st tried on beach setting ...g.b at 92.7 on dry sand and off I went... sens max ... no issues... foil woz coming in at 15/16.... getting faint beeps no I'd dug one most of been over a foot deep.... I thought iron...nope a big bit of foil.... but still a thumbs up. Then went on to field...g.b at a similar no..max sens .no issues... liked the tones better in this... a deep 20p and another 8p.. one of the last signal woz a looked like trouser like stud off a pair of jeans ! So gets small stuff as well.... all in all pleased.... top shaft out nearly to max mark and lower out to 5 seems to get a bit of a droop on ? With the coil weight... Will try a bit of similar shaped wood quadrant.... ::g

Pete01

Post by Pete01 »

Junior wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:30 am
Well nearly.... on the beach..... 1st time out and about...wasn't expecting anything to b honest.... 1st tried on beach setting ...g.b at 92.7 on dry sand and off I went... sens max ... no issues... foil woz coming in at 15/16.... getting faint beeps no I'd dug one most of been over a foot deep.... I thought iron...nope a big bit of foil.... but still a thumbs up. Then went on to field...g.b at a similar no..max sens .no issues... liked the tones better in this... a deep 20p and another 8p.. one of the last signal woz a looked like trouser like stud off a pair of jeans ! So gets small stuff as well.... all in all pleased.... top shaft out nearly to max mark and lower out to 5 seems to get a bit of a droop on ? With the coil weight... Will try a bit of similar shaped wood quadrant.... ::g

Yep some hardwood could well help with stiffening up your shaft but good to hear that despite some droop you're pleased with the overall perfomance and that penetration was good as well!.

When using modes other than beach mode keep in mind that the other modes may not be able to ground balance low enough for the ground conditions on the beach whereas beach mode can ground balance all the way to zero!- so it's probably a good idea to always ground balance in beach mode when on the beach even if you want to use other modes and then change to one of the other modes after ground balancing. The ground balance will carry over to the other modes when switching between them but will return to the factory pre-set ground balance of 90 when switching the unit off and back on again.

Junior

Post by Junior »

2nd time out .... mate has said on f.broke forum they are saying don't g.b the simplex so he's now leaving it on is it 90.... on today's rally I still g.b and it woz coming in at varios late 20 's and early 50s ...he reckons he now leaves his at 90 g.b unless chatter ?????

bob79

Post by bob79 »

Junior wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:00 pm
2nd time out .... mate has said on f.broke forum they are saying don't g.b the simplex so he's now leaving it on is it 90.... on today's rally I still g.b and it woz coming in at varios late 20 's and early 50s ...he reckons he now leaves his at 90 g.b unless chatter ?????
According to the manual the Simplex was designed to work without ground balancing in Field and Park modes on most terrains.

Bob ::g

Pete01

Post by Pete01 »

Junior wrote:
It's a sensitive detector so the ground balancing is sensitive as well- so if the ground you are ground balancing over isn't clean, or if you happen to be moving your coil to the left or right, or forward and back a bit, and if you're not lowering the coil to the same distance above the ground with every pump of it during the ground balancing procedure you may get different readings!. I would suggest to always ground balance it but concentrate on moving the coil in the same exact way above the same spot as you do!. There could be some deep object just off to the side of the coil and the detector is picking it up now and again when ground balancing. If you're still having troubles ground balancing in one spot becasue it may not be a clean bit of ground then what you could do initially if you've got varying readings like high 20's to low 50's is to adjust it manually to the average of about 40 and then see how it goes, but when you come across the next bit of clean ground give it another ground balance and see what you get there. If you keep the coil over the same spot and continue to ground balance then you'll hear beeps every now and again as you do the procedure and the detector should start to give ground balance readings that are very close together.

It's best to ground balance for the conditions as not only are you getting the best performance out of the detector but it also helps with learning the nuances that the detector can relay to the user!. If you're running it in one fixed ground balance on every different field then it's going to behave slightly differently in every field you detect in which although may well still find you stuff you might not train your ear to the nuances of the tones as well and might miss some deep or good targets that are close to iron objects!.

TinDigger

Post by TinDigger »

Here are the ID's I was pulling in a very trashy school playing field last weekend. This was with ground balancing (around 65 iirc). I'd like to know where silver usually ID's up on the simplex.

18,19: Small piece of alu foil
24: Alu foil, medium size
27 - 29: Alu foil
29: 10p on surface (1992)
28-31: Alu can (approx 4 cm)
32,33: Alu can
42,43: Alu can, large piece
46-48: Alu can, large
49: Alu can, small thick
55: Alu can section
60-62: Alu can, large
63-65: Steel white bottle cap
67,68: £1 coin (1996)
70: Steel zip
74,75: Alu can, full can crushed
79,80: Alu diet coke can (full)
83-85: Steel bottle cap, Carslberg
88,89: Old copper? hinge, thick, almost 20" deep!
90: 1p (2017)
90,91: Red & white bottle cap

Junior

Post by Junior »

Junior wrote:
What I meant to say woz the high 20s and early 50s were in different parts of the field , I g.b about 4 times in 4 hrs or when I went into a different field ...cheers ::g where mate keep his at 90 all day ...he did dig more iron than me though ??? ::g

Return to “Simplex Forum”