New Minelab Vanquish rumours.

Only for the discussion of the Minelab Vanquish metal detector within this forum.
Bors

Re: New Minelab Vanquish rumours.

Post by Bors » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:49 pm

Quote Fred ,...." A note of caution is that Minelab do sometimes release lower end machines, although they seem to have them covered at the moment."

Too true, like the GoFind . I bet a lot rushed out after all the hype and bought that, only to find it was no more than a simplistic Starter machine, because soon after there where many being offloaded onto Fleabay. x;

Dangerous Norman

Post by Dangerous Norman » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:05 pm

This is the promotional video for the Vanquish that I,ve seen. Seems to be from Minelab themselves.

https://www.minelab.com/vanquish

Bors

Post by Bors » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:08 pm

Dangerous Norman wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:05 pm
This is the promotional video for the Vanquish that I,ve seen. Seems to be from Minelab themselves.

https://www.minelab.com/vanquish
It`s a strange Promotion that doesn`t actually show the Detector in question,& just shows a guy throwing away what looks like one of the Garrett Ace models away.

fred

Post by fred » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:39 pm

Two and a half thousand hits on a thread with no substance whatsoever! A mere rumour of a possibility! I think that it might have been raining a lot recently! :D
Equinox 800 x2

Tomo

Post by Tomo » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:42 pm

fred wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:39 pm
Two and a half thousand hits on a thread with no substance whatsoever! A rumour of a possibility! I think that it might have been raining a lot recently! :D
I'll go find some real evidence %&*=

See what I did there x;
Xp deus

Pommie Chris.

Post by Pommie Chris. » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:29 am

The vanquish will be a good low end machine, so if you have a Nox you don’t need the vanquish, more a replacement of the x-Terra s and the Go- Find . I was told a few weeks ago , it was being tested in the Uk. Pommie Chris .😎

Buriedbytime&dust

Post by Buriedbytime&dust » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:04 pm

Pommie Chris. wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:29 am
The vanquish will be a good low end machine, so if you have a Nox you don’t need the vanquish, more a replacement of the x-Terra s and the Go- Find . I was told a few weeks ago , it was being tested in the Uk. Pommie Chris .😎

That's what I've heard too. Hooray, my piggy bank is safe. For now... :D

The name is a bit misleading though, in my opinion. "Vanquish" conjures forth images of something awesome and all-conquering, not a low-end starter machine :-L

Pommie Chris.

Post by Pommie Chris. » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:45 pm

Your piggy bank is safe, it’s only a name. A few years ago I took an old Gpx 4500 to Codan/ Minelab in Adelaide , Technology Park ,as I live in Australia most of the time. The back panel I wanted replaced, they done that but free of charge they installed the new chip. Codan/Minelab are all about new technology,Bruce Candy and his team are at the top of what they do. As I said in my first post the X-terra s are old technology it’s no good making parts or repairing these detectors, waste of time. The Go Find to there standards , did not do well, and that’s there market a detector below the price of the Nox . Just my opinion, Pommie Chris. 😎

Mucky

Post by Mucky » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:11 pm

Well it's not a rumour anymore.. Vanquish machine coming out this year definitely.
Just seen their announcement ad in August's TH. ::g

Mucky

Post by Mucky » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:14 pm

Why is everyone so sure it will be a low-end machine too?
What is that argument based on? :x|

dig-dog

Post by dig-dog » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:20 pm

Some people are “in the know” and may have let some details slip to close friends, if you know what I mean?
DD ;) ;)
E-trac 13" ultimate coil.
Full XP Deus 11" coil / hf elliptical coil
Sniper spade

Mucky

Post by Mucky » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:31 pm

But what are the people "in the know" basing their decision that it's a low end machine on?
Price? Specifications? Like, it doesn't have adjustable frequencies or it isn't wireless?
Guess we all have to wait and see really first! :-w

Pete E

Post by Pete E » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:06 pm

Personally, I can't see this being a replacement for the Go Find series as these are relatively new and fill their niche perfectly...if it is a lower end machine, I think it will slot between the Go Find series and the Nox 600\800...
Makro Racer 2
Makro Pinpointer
August EP650 Wireless headphones
TaoTronics Wireless Portable Transmitter, (Bluetooth 4.1, aptX Low Latency)

Mucky

Post by Mucky » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:25 pm

Pete E wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:06 pm
Personally, I can't see this being a replacement for the Go Find series as these are relatively new and fill their niche perfectly...if it is a lower end machine, I think it will slot between the Go Find series and the Nox 600\800...
Well in that case if what you're saying is true I wouldn't be interested. The "Go Find" series is aimed at Chavs and thier mobile phones! The Nox is proving it's worth with the evidence of finds users are making with them. The same goes for XP's ORX.
The market is getting interestingly competitive so as I have said..
We will all have to wait and see. ::g

Pete E

Post by Pete E » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:33 pm

Mucky wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:25 pm
Well in that case if what you're saying is true I wouldn't be interested. The "Go Find" series is aimed at Chavs and thier mobile phones! The Nox is proving it's worth with the evidence of finds users are making with them. The same goes for XP's ORX.
I hope I am wrong, and that the new machine comes in above the Nox 800, but I think any machine that is significantly better than the Nox 800 would pretty much kill off the CTX 3030...
Makro Racer 2
Makro Pinpointer
August EP650 Wireless headphones
TaoTronics Wireless Portable Transmitter, (Bluetooth 4.1, aptX Low Latency)

Mucky

Post by Mucky » Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:28 pm

Pete E wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:33 pm
Mucky wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:25 pm
I hope I am wrong, and that the new machine comes in above the Nox 800, but I think any machine that is significantly better than the Nox 800 would pretty much kill off the CTX 3030...

I have never heard anything outstanding about that machine either. In my opinion that's a machine that people go for with money to throw away. They think that by spending the most they will have the best.
I have seen people new to detecting buying that with no significant results. But then that's what people think these days.. money equals experience!
Think they would do better with a low end Garrett myself! ;) ::g

Return to “Minelab Vanquish”