Golden Mask 1+ UK

Topics related to Golden Mask metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
Digemdeep

Golden Mask 1+ UK

Post by Digemdeep » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:10 pm

Has anyone seen a truly independent thorough review of the Golden Mask 1+ UK detector?
I have seen a few reviews, but these are by guys who, although saying they are not paid to promote the machines, freely admit to having contacts with the sellers. Also, the "reviews" have all the indicators of being "adverts" for the machines. Just not critical enough, and definately pushing the machine as a wonder detector in some cases.
I true review is generally when you have paid hard cash for the detector, and can advise others.

Koala

Re: Golden Mask 1+ UK

Post by Koala » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:20 pm

I repaired one a couple of years ago.

Did a few tests. Discrimination was very good. Can't remember what size coil it was about 6 or 7 inch

Fixed ground balance on the board so no way to alter it for wet sand.

Pretty much all mid range machines preform the same. I know the original owner of it had some very nice finds with it. He had modified the shaft to improve its balance.

GC-1023

Post by GC-1023 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:54 am

both my gm1+ were original big box versions .
first one was ace ,second one was brought for £45 with fault(lost its depth) .
i contacted bulgaria which was a bit of a problem .took a week or so to get across my problem in emails and they said no problem its your on/off pot .
we tried to trace serial number but they couldnt find any record of it ,and based on its battery housing it looked over five years old . so they said the part you need is £12 and £8 postage .
because i loved my gm1+ so much i said fine i want it and ordered a gm5 to avoid postage cost .
. cut long story short the part they sent was complete front face with two pots fitted . four screws ,click/connect and hey presto perfect .
i then sold both gm1+ (£130 each)thinking gm5 would be way better .it was not and got swapped for sorex pro.
then i saw a brand new gm4pro on ebay auction and decided to bid . got it £305 and its a great machine with its telescopic shaft ,but i have not used it much due to lack of land and always a new machine in stable .
i know a certain person has used his influence to damage the company reputation ,all i can say is i have had great experience ,apart from gm5 not being what i expected (i must have been right ,or there would be no gm5+),,,,but everyone i know who has used the brand swear everything is dandy for them and a guy who owns 1+,5 and 4pro preferes his 1+ for its switch on and go simplicity .
having owned all three now i have to agree with him, but will keep my 4pro .
Good luck if you do buy one ,it will shock you . word of warning drop volume before wearing headphones . the audio can be quite deafening if set to high . i nearly popped my heardrums when i first used mine ,and didnt know vol control was under box and spent first five minutes thinking this cant be right , then spotted the knob underneath.lol
minelab ctx3030
minelab explorer se x2
deus full
rutus alter 71
Fisher F75 se dst
tx850 with mars sniper (g2 clone)

Digemdeep

Post by Digemdeep » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:21 am

I would like to try one of these, but the hassle and very high cost of returning it, will probably mean I won't bother.
I seem to have read that someone did take up the dealership a few years ago then dropped the brand.
It does not give me confidence that there are no distributers in the UK, where you can try them?

garrettoldboy

Re: Golden Mask 1+ UK GM detectors in general use for UK

Post by garrettoldboy » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:01 am

hello, i know this is an old posting but am interested in why GM detectors are not so popular in UK or am i wrong, the UK version 1 + how does it compare with other similar detectors, and reading GC 1023 post who was the person trying to damadge the companies reputation?

Steevo45

Post by Steevo45 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:19 am

Is the official golden mask reseller in the uk only set up a month or so ago. Quite tempted to try one nearly bought one as my first detector but was put of by not having a uk company to contact if any problems so might get one now. Seems they have the same ease of use as my c scope 3mxi but with bigger/better? Coil, two tones and apparently more depth. The only down side I see is I know for a fact c scopes customer service is second to none so might wait and see how GM customers get on with any problems or returns. They are sold from this shop with a 2 year warranty on battery and 5 years on the rest I think. Be interested on hearing from anyone who has the +1

garrettoldboy

Post by garrettoldboy » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:35 am

diggerdave1 wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:29 am
Spin a disc last time I looked seem to be sold out of several GM machines at mo , but are still selling on ebay, I think buying a machine from a foreign company is always a risk I guess, but ive only heard good things myself, as I'm also tempted to make a purchase myself on the GM plus 1 uk edition, if u go on you tube metal detecting guys channel the guy seems to swear by them has some good vids on the machine I think hes also a member of this forum.
hello, are Spin a Disc the main importer, GM factory will make to your spec i read, i had one made many years ago but R and D have come a long way with new detectors

diggerdave1

Post by diggerdave1 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:22 am

u can buy the GM without the union jack model but higher kHz at 18 I think , also theres the Tangra models and Thracian without, I think the union jack was maybe the popularity of the GM in uk.

garrettoldboy

Post by garrettoldboy » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:30 pm

diggerdave1 wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:22 am
u can buy the GM without the union jack model but higher kHz at 18 I think , also theres the Tangra models and Thracian without, I think the union jack was maybe the popularity of the GM in uk.
hello, the GM 1 + UK was R and D specific for the UK soil and 15 Khz came out the best all round frequency,

diggerdave1

Post by diggerdave1 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:47 pm

Thanks for that Garrettoldboy.....
::g

Saffron

Post by Saffron » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:17 pm

Chap in our club has a Golden Mask 1+ UK and raves about it, claims it frequently beats his mates much more expensive and very popular French machine.

Evan

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:48 pm

Hello all, for anyone unaware we do have many models of the Golden Mask machines listed at our very own MDFShop, you even have the option to make an offer to get an even better deal ::g
Here is a direct link to the Golden Mask 1+ UK Metal Detector

Return to “Golden Mask Forum”