What detector Golden Mask ?

Topics related to Golden Mask metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
Dave Lowe

What detector Golden Mask ?

Post by Dave Lowe » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:20 pm

I need help please ! Don't know a lot about metal detecting, I have a Bounty Hunter Tracker IV and need a new cheapish better detector, I was looking at the Garrett range, 250 upwards, but now quite fancy the golden mask, been looking at all the videos on youtube, I live in north Kent so wont have trouble with coke I don't think, I have been looking at the GM UK 1+ but rather fancy the GM one as I like the display, opposed to no display on the 1+, but what size coil do I get and what kHz do I need ?

hoping for replies
thanks
Dave

Fusion

Re: What detector Golden Mask ?

Post by Fusion » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:18 pm

While detector operating frequency isn't super-critical, it helps if you choose a frequency that roughly 'matches' the targets you're searching for. Concensus says that 12kHz - 18 kHz is the range to go for, as many of the interesting/desireable items tend to be small/thin/corroded etc. Such detector freqs will still find lower freq targets OK, as they tend to be larger, eg. milled copper/bronze/silver coins.

Easylife

Re: What detector Golden Mask ?

Post by Easylife » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:00 am

A smaller coil is better amongst heavy iron contamination and a large coil covers more ground and maybe a bit more depth. 11" coils are usually good allrounders. ::g
Nox 800, 15" coil & Garrett carrot.
White's TDI SL

Return to “Golden Mask Forum”