Golden Mask 1+UK

Topics related to Golden Mask metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
Trumpetier

Golden Mask 1+UK

Post by Trumpetier »

I have sold my Minelab Xterra 705 and I fancy buying the much simpler to use Golden Mask 1+UK. After a search it appears there are no UK sellers, so have to buy direct, I think Bulgaria ?

Is there a reason no one imports them ?
Should I be concerned buying from abroad ?
If buying new, you can select a number of different coils. I really will only be using it on soft sand and occasionally on a farmers field, which coil would people recommend ?
I believe this is a pretty decent machine, any comments ?

I must add, but I guess you may have picked up on it, but I know very little regarding detecting, so a but of a learning curve ;)

Saffron

Re: Golden Mask 1+UK

Post by Saffron »

Chap in our club has one, sorry no idea where he got it, but he swears by it and seems to get great depth. So could be a good buy and great value for money.

If mods do not like this sentence please delete - In one instance his friend with a Deus had a very iffy signal that was mainly "do not dig", he checked and got a clear "dig me" and it was a very nice coin at a good depth.

If you have a friendly electrician they can be tweaked to get even greater depth ::g

Evan

Steevo45

Post by Steevo45 »

They can be bought from the uk, there was a thread about them the other day. I too have been looking at one of these like the sound of everything about them but cannot stand the Union Jack sticker on it

Steevo45

Post by Steevo45 »

viewtopic.php?f=62&t=91501

Here it is ::g

If you get one please let me know what you think

garrettoldboy

Post by garrettoldboy »

Trumpetier wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:26 pm
I have sold my Minelab Xterra 705 and I fancy buying the much simpler to use Golden Mask 1+UK. After a search it appears there are no UK sellers, so have to buy direct, I think Bulgaria ?

Is there a reason no one imports them ?
Should I be concerned buying from abroad ?
If buying new, you can select a number of different coils. I really will only be using it on soft sand and occasionally on a farmers field, which coil would people recommend ?
I believe this is a pretty decent machine, any comments ?

I must add, but I guess you may have picked up on it, but I know very little regarding detecting, so a but of a learning curve ;)
hello, private PM sent

garrettoldboy

Post by garrettoldboy »

Steevo45 wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:58 pm
They can be bought from the uk, there was a thread about them the other day. I too have been looking at one of these like the sound of everything about them but cannot stand the Union Jack sticker on it
hello, get some sticky tape same color as box and put over the flag

norfolkbill

Post by norfolkbill »

Problem with buying from Bulgaria I found is when they go wrong and you need to return them ,even under warranty they charge for postage both ways I ended up over £50 out of pocket .

garrettoldboy

Post by garrettoldboy »

hello, i tested a GM detector out recently and did the rusty iron test as on the video, i placed a copper penny on top of a large rusty nail and same with a silver coin on the field but not in a hole so an air test, , so did the detector give false readings or sounds and did the iron masking work like the video, well i did not get a sound of iron and 2 good reports from the coins, i kid you not, i can say it was better than my safari, but it was just a test,

diggerdave1

Post by diggerdave1 »

::g

diggerdave1

Post by diggerdave1 »

Good advice, if that's the case :-/
Spin a disc are also a supplier and have been around for years n years,, ::g

Steevo45

Post by Steevo45 »

Has any one compared the 1+ uk 15khz and the 18khz 1+? I currently use a c scope at 17 kHz and get on ok is the 15khz better for mineralisation? Or is there another reason?

Also is the telescopic stem worth the extra?

garrettoldboy

Post by garrettoldboy »

Steevo45 wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:15 pm
They have only been operating for a month or so, if I take the plunge think I’ll go with spin a disc or direct. Has any one compared the 1+ uk 15khz and the 18khz 1+? I currently use a c scope at 17 kHz and get on ok is the 15khz better for mineralisation? Or is there another reason?

Also is the telescopic stem worth the extra?
hello, do you mean by mineralisation in soil, what type of land do you normally detect? or beach?

Steevo45

Post by Steevo45 »

I normally detect farm land but will do streams which makes my detector very chatty, do like the look of the telescopic stem. Think I’ll get one

diggerdave1

Post by diggerdave1 »

There both 1 plus uk editions....be quick don't think will be there to long!!!

Trumpetier

Post by Trumpetier »

I would buy the £195 one, but it only has the 8" coil. Would I be at a disadvantage with the smaller coil ?

diggerdave1

Post by diggerdave1 »

u could always ask kev if hes willing to swap coils :-/ tho u may pay abit extra for the 10.5..
if not the 8inch would be ideal for arable land plough stubble ect ,myself I would prefer a smaller coil, but that's just down to personnel preference.

garrettoldboy

Post by garrettoldboy »

diggerdave1 wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:42 pm
u could always ask kev if hes willing to swap coils :-/ tho u may pay abit extra for the 10.5..
if not the 8inch would be ideal for arable land plough stubble ect ,myself I would prefer a smaller coil, but that's just down to personnel preference.
i am sure keven would change coils if he has the 10.5, rated the best by a GM seller in Bugaria

Trumpetier

Post by Trumpetier »

I've been offered a GM 1 second hand, can anyone please tell me the difference between this and the 1+UK model ? And which is best ? Many thanks, I really want to get one sorted this coming week.

Trumpetier

Post by Trumpetier »

All payed for, should get it hopefully back end of this week.

diggerdave1

Post by diggerdave1 »

What GM did u go for :-/

garrettoldboy

Post by garrettoldboy »

Trumpetier wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:08 pm
I've been offered a GM 1 second hand, can anyone please tell me the difference between this and the 1+UK model ? And which is best ? Many thanks, I really want to get one sorted this coming week.
hello, the GM 1 plus UK is 15 Khz and made for UK detecting as more stable GB on British land, the GM 1 is 8 Khz and with average fixed GB, the test i did on this thread reference iron and silver/copper coins was with a UK plus 1, cheers

garrettoldboy

Post by garrettoldboy »

garrettoldboy wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:19 pm
Trumpetier wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:08 pm
hello, the GM 1 plus UK is 15 Khz and made for UK detecting as more stable GB on British land, the GM 1 is 8 Khz and with average fixed GB, the test i did on this thread reference iron and silver/copper coins was with a UK plus 1, cheers
if you decide on a new plus 1 UK go for a 10.5 inch DD coil,

Trumpetier

Post by Trumpetier »

diggerdave1 wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:27 pm
The GM 1+ but not the UK. Got it for a good price and apparently like new, should arrive Friday.

garrettoldboy

Post by garrettoldboy »

Trumpetier wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:21 pm
diggerdave1 wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:27 pm
The GM 1+ but not the UK. Got it for a good price and apparently like new, should arrive Friday.
hello, how are you getting on with your GM detector ???

Mud Max

Post by Mud Max »

Steevo45 wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:13 pm
There has been some supply issues with metal detectors online and supposedly a few people waiting on refunds might be worth looking into before purchasing.

That was only for a few days while a personal issue was sorted out. Many many happy customers.
Xp Deus 11" coil
GM5+SE

Jedi Master button finder

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix »

Hello all, for anyone unaware we do have many models of the Golden Mask machines listed on our very own MDFShop, you also have the option to make an offer to get an even better deal ::g
Here is a direct link to the Golden Mask 1+ UK Metal Detector

Return to “Golden Mask Forum”