Any other Orx Users

Only topics related to the XP ORX in this forum please.
Kevanwhitmore

Any other Orx Users

Post by Kevanwhitmore » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:59 pm

Took delivery of my Xp orx Monday ,
I have been using a 3 tone non Lcd machine for a while now
And thought there was room for some new technology in
My life , Started looking at machines last week , And just thought new kid on the block , Looked less complicated to me than a full Deus or Nox and Got a good deal on Black Friday , Any body else
Bought one ?

Oxgirl36

Re: Any other Orx Users

Post by Oxgirl36 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:09 pm

Oh be good to hear whatyou think of it. You’re the only person I’ve seen who has said they’ve got one yet :D
Carpe vinum

XP Deus !!£$ I use the HOT programme on 17khz, reactivity at 2.5 on v5.21 with the X35 11” coil

Hammered silver 2019 - 18 8=ypr

Blackadder43
Admin

Post by Blackadder43 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:00 am

Yes i too look forward to your review
Looks an interesting machine for its price
When you are right no one remembers; when you are wrong no one forgets

littleboot

Post by littleboot » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:49 pm

Yes me too! I also use a three tone machine ( xp GMP) and once I have accumulated enough pennies am going to get something else to go with it. Have ruled out the Deus and am considering the Nox 600 but I am open to another XP if it adds new technology without over-complication.
A review or thoughts on what you get would be most welcome. ::g

Edited to Add: I think what may be a bit of a put-off is the suspicion that this is like one of those 'special edition' models they rush out for models of cars to extend their life while they design something else from scratch. In this case as a quick-fix to compete with the Nox price-wise in the mean-time. The lack of reviews and people using the ORX may be an indication that it isn't hitting the spot in the market. Not that I care about that if its a good machine and a good price.
Equinox 600, GMP, wellies.

chip

Post by chip » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:12 pm

littleboot wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:49 pm
Yes me too! I also use a three tone machine ( xp GMP) and once I have accumulated enough pennies am going to get something else to go with it. Have ruled out the Deus and am considering the Nox 600 but I am open to another XP if it adds new technology without over-complication.
A review or thoughts on what you get would be most welcome. ::g

Edited to Add: I think what may be a bit of a put-off is the suspicion that this is like one of those 'special edition' models they rush out for models of cars to extend their life while they design something else from scratch. In this case as a quick-fix to compete with the Nox price-wise in the mean-time. The lack of reviews and people using the ORX may be an indication that it isn't hitting the spot in the market. Not that I care about that if its a good machine and a good price.
The ORX uses either the deus x35 coil or deus hf coil. So will be the same as using a deus I should imagine. Differences being less pre programmed programmes and less slots for your own custom programmes, also can’t use without a remote as the headphones can not be used as a remote like you can a deus.

What I would like to know is if the remote offers the same settings and scope for fiddling as the deus.
Garrett AT Max
XP Deus
Cscope Cs4pi

littleboot

Post by littleboot » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:23 pm

I am not a fan of 'scope for fiddling' anyway so that is going to be a plus rather than a minus. I feel many folk fiddle too much and forget some more basic aspects of success...listening hard, swinging slow and low, and not wafting about.
It may suit me but if it is too much like the Deus then maybe not.
Equinox 600, GMP, wellies.

JBM

Post by JBM » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:43 pm

The XP Deus Forum for a XP owner is the place to go for boundless data.

It also goes hand in glove the MDF from my experience for the best of all worlds. ::g

Happy Hunting.

Jerry.

Return to “XP ORX Forum”